Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Cavs Player Says "We'd Be Up 3-0 If Kyrie Was Still Here"

Unnamed Cavs player: 'We'd be up 3-0 if Kyrie was still here'
    Wael Saghir
    6/7/18

The Cleveland Cavaliers are on the brink of elimination, down 3-0 to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. However, one veteran Cavaliers player believes the roles would be reversed if Kyrie Irving was still on the roster.

After the Cavaliers lost Game 3 on Wednesday, an unnamed player reportedly said, "We'd be up 3-0 if Kyrie was still here. I have no doubt," according to The Athletic's Jason Lloyd.

Cleveland dealt Irving to the Boston Celtics in August at his request, as the five-time All-Star wanted an opportunity to play outside of LeBron James' shadow. In return, Cleveland received Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and the rights to the Brooklyn Nets' 2018 first-round pick - the eighth overall selection in this year's draft.

Earlier this season, an unnamed player called Danny Ainge "a f------ thief" in relation to the Irving trade, according to Lloyd.

Although Irving would likely make a significant difference in the series, he was in this same position with the Cavaliers last season: down 3-0 to the Warriors in the 2017 NBA Finals, eventually falling in five games.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Sounds like LeBron still doesn't have some teammates on his side.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its possible

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Game 1 they would have won for sure, game 3 also Prob up 2-1

shadymcgrady

If kyrie was present the refs wouldn't have let lebron travel at will or give him charity. Assuming fixed variables that are hidden is unwise

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

He’d been hurt anyway.
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave GUMMO77 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: secretstash

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

This is why I hate all those Lebron is the GOAT threads. Nobody wants to play with him. Players wanted to play with Magic, and Kareem, and Wilt, and Bird, and Jordan.

Lebron is such a pampered Diva that he chases good players away......and good coaches too.
    Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave Harry N. Lloyd 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Sounds like a J.R. Smith comment

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Ty Lue is behind this

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Kyrie was notorious for reminding his teammates what the score is.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The only reason they won the last championship was the old coach they fired. Now that Lue is the coach the players don't listen and run their own plays.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 93

But they have the goat don't they?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11814

Were a better team with Kyrie, I don't blame the Cavs players for saying that... It still wouldn't have been enough though.. Nobody is beating this Warriors team for years to come.. Scary thing is the Warriors star players are still young too...

Houston Rockets are about the only team I see that can stack maybe one more star player and then maybe beat the Warriors. Lebron should go to Houston then we got something brewing.....

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Nobody knows

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Without james they win 25 games a year

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    This is why I hate all those Lebron is the GOAT threads. Nobody wants to play with him. Players wanted to play with Magic, and Kareem, and Wilt, and Bird, and Jordan.

Lebron is such a pampered Diva that he chases good players away......and good coaches too.
    It’s also that he has an intense mercenary type personality. He would of thrived in a sport like tennis.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Without james they win 25 games a year
    How many players can they sign up with James freed salary?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

where is big business? are you feeling the pain and sadness lebron is

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Fake news.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24902

An unnamed Chicago Bulls player from the 90's said "If Jordan were on this year's Cavs team in place of Lebron, they wouldn't have even won the East, thus keeping his undefeated Finals record intact."

This according to some guy named Bill, who writes for some newsletter, published by some local community center, in some suburb of some midwestern state that produces corn and soy, and can be located on a map with a laser pointer .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Remind me what cavs record was w kyrie before bron came back?

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Remind me what cavs record was w kyrie before bron came back?
    Oh so now it's regular season record that's the measuring stick? I guess we can switch the criteria when it fits to make the argument and then conveniently switch out later. By that metric I guess Jane Harden was the best player this year

2daBank

Oh so now it's regular season record that's the measuring stick? I guess we can switch the criteria when it fits to make the argument and then conveniently switch out later. By that metric I guess Jane Harden was the best player this year
    Well the mfer never made the playoffs without bron so what stick am I to use??

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Well the mfer never made the playoffs without bron so what stick am I to use??
    He along with love were losers as the main guy. Never won more than 30 games

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

He along with love were losers as the main guy. Never won more than 30 games
    Kyrie and Love have yet to play a playoff game without Lebron...

But don't blame Lebron. Blame Dan Gilbert and Tyron Lue. Lue isn't even a coach. He's a figurehead that was at the right place at the right time, when Lebron wanted to get rid of Blatt.

Gilbert is like Jerry Jones. He's too involved in the front office. He should just write the checks but he pulls the strings as well. He's never resigned a GM, which is unheard of. Not resigning David Griffin was such a dumb move. Kyrie would still be in Cleveland if Griffin was there. But Dan, likes to run the shot. He's had Lebron for 11 years and just 1 title. That's a damn shame.

#deleteuber
    #deleteuber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

If Larry Hughes in his prime was still on the team Cavs would go 16-0 in playoffs

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    An unnamed Chicago Bulls player from the 90's said "If Jordan were on this year's Cavs team in place of Lebron, they wouldn't have even won the East, thus keeping his undefeated Finals record intact."

This according to some guy named Bill, who writes for some newsletter, published by some local community center, in some suburb of some midwestern state that produces corn and soy, and can be located on a map with a laser pointer .
    OH please lol. The east is garbage and always was.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11746

Yes and I wouldn't be here if my daddy would of put it in the wrong hole!!

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2262

bet this was lebron using the burner account strategy in real life

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

Kyrie would still have that surgery if he's with Cavs, so it's moot point.

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

No they wouldn't- he would hurt and not playing. His knee surgery was a ticking time bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Unnamed Cavs player: 'We'd be up 3-0 if Kyrie was still here'
    Wael Saghir
    6/7/18

The Cleveland Cavaliers are on the brink of elimination, down 3-0 to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. However, one veteran Cavaliers player believes the roles would be reversed if Kyrie Irving was still on the roster.

After the Cavaliers lost Game 3 on Wednesday, an unnamed player reportedly said, "We'd be up 3-0 if Kyrie was still here. I have no doubt," according to The Athletic's Jason Lloyd.

Cleveland dealt Irving to the Boston Celtics in August at his request, as the five-time All-Star wanted an opportunity to play outside of LeBron James' shadow. In return, Cleveland received Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, and the rights to the Brooklyn Nets' 2018 first-round pick - the eighth overall selection in this year's draft.

Earlier this season, an unnamed player called Danny Ainge "a f------ thief" in relation to the Irving trade, according to Lloyd.

Although Irving would likely make a significant difference in the series, he was in this same position with the Cavaliers last season: down 3-0 to the Warriors in the 2017 NBA Finals, eventually falling in five games.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Were a better team with Kyrie, I don't blame the Cavs players for saying that... It still wouldn't have been enough though.. Nobody is beating this Warriors team for years to come.. Scary thing is the Warriors star players are still young too...

Houston Rockets are about the only team I see that can stack maybe one more star player and then maybe beat the Warriors. Lebron should go to Houston then we got something brewing.....
    Finally something we agee on.if paul wasn t hurt i think they win

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Finally something we agee on.if paul wasn t hurt i think they win
    Absolutely believe rockets take that series if Paul doesn't come up lame, unfortunately he was the only star with a ounce of heart on that team so once he went down so did rockets chances. The fact it has taken stars getting hurt against gs in several of their runs kinda makes me doubt their dominance. Bron could easily find himself on a team favored to beat them next year.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle