bjs2025
    bjs2025's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1729

New to the Game - First Losing Streak

Hello all

I studied deeply every facet about sports betting from bankroll/money management, to who to tail for picks (No way am I a handicapper) what books to use, etc...and consider myself generally knowledgeable in this space.

Since December 1st of last year i had quadrupled my bankroll just a couple weeks ago. I use a money management system where I bet 5% of my bankroll per play and readjust my new 5% each week. Things were never better and I was feeling great. I am a pretty low volume player and follow a couple guys exclusively.

Last week I couldn't hit ANYTHING. I finished 4-11 for by far my worst week yet...my previous worst week was 6-9. These were all with my highest bet totals yet so it really hit me.

I guess I had this coming, it is inevitable. For those of you that have been doing this for a long time: how often have you it skids like this and how did you come out of it? My plan is to simply readjust my 5% this week and bet the amount I had been betting a few weeks ago which feels shitty but I feel it is the only thing I can do.

Thanks

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Honestly dude, you're not going to come out on top at the end of it all. 20 years from now, you will have lost more than you won. Treat it as a fun hobby and bet small, and you'll never even notice the skids. There's no foolproof way to get out of a skid -- you only end up making it worse. It's the best advice you'll ever get.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

You have all the help here in this holy-grail betting sheet:

http://jjgold.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

bjs2025
    bjs2025's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1729

I guess what they say about trusting yourself or one or 2 smart people and not listening to the majority is right. I don't really believe what you said at all. I am a financially frugal individual in all aspects of my life and have already invested my final investment into betting on sports. I don't chase anything. I was just looking for stories about losing streaks and how people wait them out but I think I already have the knowledge on how to do so. Thanks

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    You have all the help here in this holy-grail betting sheet:

http://jjgold.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/
    LOL

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by bjs2025 View Post
    I guess what they say about trusting yourself or one or 2 smart people and not listening to the majority is right. I don't really believe what you said at all. I am a financially frugal individual in all aspects of my life and have already invested my final investment into betting on sports. I don't chase anything. I was just looking for stories about losing streaks and how people wait them out but I think I already have the knowledge on how to do so. Thanks
    OK. It will end badly for you. But most people need to learn that on their own, and I understand that, so good luck.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

don't say you didn't lead him to water chargers

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

You need at least one all in bet a week or it’s not worth two fukks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never give up guy

Tail
    Me

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

lol no one wins 24/7 kid.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by bjs2025 View Post
    Hello all

I studied deeply every facet about sports betting from bankroll/money management, to who to tail for picks (No way am I a handicapper) what books to use, etc...and consider myself generally knowledgeable in this space.

Since December 1st of last year i had quadrupled my bankroll just a couple weeks ago. I use a money management system where I bet 5% of my bankroll per play and readjust my new 5% each week. Things were never better and I was feeling great. I am a pretty low volume player and follow a couple guys exclusively.

Last week I couldn't hit ANYTHING. I finished 4-11 for by far my worst week yet...my previous worst week was 6-9. These were all with my highest bet totals yet so it really hit me.

I guess I had this coming, it is inevitable. For those of you that have been doing this for a long time: how often have you it skids like this and how did you come out of it? My plan is to simply readjust my 5% this week and bet the amount I had been betting a few weeks ago which feels shitty but I feel it is the only thing I can do.

Thanks
    Sportbetting is up and down. A week skid is nothing. Just wait until you can't hit shit and have a month where it seems every bad beat happened to you. Then you will see what you are made of. Patience will be tested not to go all in to get it back. This business is a grind. One day you feel like you can't be touched and the next you have every bet lose by the hook. Good luck guy, you are in for a real treat.

I would also say that following touts isn't a great plan. If you can't cap then you shouldn't do this or bet very small for fun.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

4-11? That’s a normal week for me sadly.

Who are the dudes you tail? I need good resources.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bjs have you ever heard of loan sharks?

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Never think about yesterday or even the past hour.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bjs have you ever heard of loan sharks?
    he might need one soon could be sharp

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Get another hobbie lol

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Never give up guy

Tail
    Me
    Lololololololololololololokololololooolo lolololololololololololololololololololo jdjxhehuehdjdjdjiejxndhdiejdndbdjdhjdjjd hje9beveb

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Happens to all of us.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

just gotta keep betting, I'd say 5% of bankroll per play is too much tho.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

1% should be standard, 3% max if you want to treat it like a business. Very hard to do. Easy to go on 10+ game losing streaks. Avoid the NFL, bet lots of dog ML's in Bases and Pucks.