mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Best Method to Clear Rollover?

Got an email offer from Bookmaker if I deposit $300 they will match that with a cash bonus with a 20x rollover requirement on the deposit amount (or 10x the total amount if you want to look at it a different way). If I did the math right, assuming all bets were -110, it would take 3 all-ins + a ~$2675 bet to clear the rollover requirement if I wanted to go the fastest route. So basically, the way I'm looking at it, I would just need to go 3-0 to guarantee a payout on any 3 sports and if I go 4-0 I'd get a nice payout.

Anybody ever tried this route with success? Or do you usually just grind it out and stick with betting units until you get there or lose it all?

Only time I ever took a bonus was with Bovada when I first dipped my toes into this world, but by circumstance my cash bets won while my bonus bets lost, so when those hit zero, it cleared my cash balance before I met the rollover requirement and was able to withdraw. Since then, I never took the bonus whenever I made a deposit elsewhere since I didn't want my money tied up with strings.

Any words of wisdom?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

going all in is not something I like doing but will admit I've done it before...ive never taken advantage of bonuses. only book I've ever used was 5D so maybe thats why I don't even bother. so many people always talking about having their accounts shut down at these books offering bonuses, idk yes its enticing, but knowing I won't have any issues or discrepancies is something ill pay a premium for (peace of mind)

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

I take the bonus $$ and risk it all on some game I really like. Then clear the rollover after you win on heavy juice plays and then wait and cash out.

and hope you don't have to do this

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    I take the bonus $$ and risk it all on some game I really like. Then clear the rollover after you win on heavy juice plays and then wait and cash out.

and hope you don't have to do this

isn't that how they usually shut you down and not pay you out? which book offers bonuses? got some money I wanna throw on Washington.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Another low juice book

Try to arb other side at even

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    isn't that how they usually shut you down and not pay you out? which book offers bonuses? got some money I wanna throw on Washington.
    Basically every book offers bonuses. They might not like it but I know BOL at least counts heavily juiced plays towards your rollover and they even keep track of it for ya.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Most of the books do (including reputable ones). However, most of the bonuses are first time deposits and all of them have a rollover requirement multiple times the deposit + bonus amount. I think the issues you mention is a lot of the less reputable books give extremely generous offers (more than 100% bonus) and then if someone somehow clears it, they try and find a fly in the ointment.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

All bonuses do is tie your money so the book has an excuse to fukk you over

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Which is why I don't normally take the bonus, but with the offer I figured I'd ask the wise people of SBR how they've cleared it if they were successful and what they thought the best strategy would be.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Years ago I would get those crazy bonuses from 1Vice (and to some extent HRwager) and clear the rollover by betting the bonus amount as the set bet for games with +odds. It worked with soccer and did it from am to pm and cleared it within a few days. It works but of course they closed my account. However, that still doesn't stop them from sending me emails even after I remind them that they closed my account.

bonusguy
    bonusguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1445

not really. bonuses should be taken by guys that bet a lot. mainly everyday degens.............if you bet here and there then yes it can tie your money up

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Change your Avatar and GO PRO

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Depends which book.

Wagerweb,heritage,justbet,bookmaker,bet-online, sportsbetting I just bet normally, takes me around a month to clear 50,000 in rollover.

Betphoenix,gtbets, America's bookie, normally just hedge it out. Smaller amounts and less competitive lines
    Last edited by Waterstpub87; 11-30-17 at 08:25 PM.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by bonusguy View Post
    not really. bonuses should be taken by guys that bet a lot. mainly everyday degens.............if you bet here and there then yes it can tie your money up
    used to be a degenerate, now I go days at a time without betting certain sports. been 2 unit teasers, and dime ML plays on nfl. alarming hit rate. already won more this year than I did last which is nice, rather than keep pressing every night, gives me time to cool off and making the right bet than trying to force a play and giving it all back to the book.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by bonusguy View Post
    Bonuses are for people that never plan on cashing out.

bonusguy

Bonuses are for people that never plan on cashing out.
    Never?

thats not true. a player can get a good 50% bonus with a low rollover at many shops

especially first time bonuses as books feel a player out

jjgold

All professionals use bonuses I know guys making 30,000 a year just off bonuses

All
    Math

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Never use them

jjgold

Dawg a pain in ass but some guys swear by it

bonusguy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All professionals use bonuses I know guys making 30,000 a year just off bonuses

All
    Math

if you bet everyday why not take a bonus

would be stupid not to. you dont have to take it with every book you use but to say "no never" is dumb

bet-lag
    bet-lag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1729

Go all in on one solid -110 to +110 play. This should double your funds right away then grind your way on clearing the remaining at 1/10 of your total bank roll for each wager. At 1-2 plays per day, you should be done in about a month.

That first big pick needs to be really solid though.