Naxima
    Naxima's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

Sports Insight

Does anyone use this app? I have some questions about it. How do we know the money percent is accurate? I signed up for a pro account, but the numbers and spread movements based on those numbers seem very odd to me. There are games where according to them 80-90 percent of the public is on a side like the patriots vs the broncos last week and the spread barely moved. Then the patriots easily covered. So did Vegas just lose their ass or is this information not correct? Id love to hear back from some other people that have this or similar applications.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

pass

all bs

never ever pay those clowns

Naxima

Do you think the statistics they provide are inaccurate?

jjgold

So so

To me if they’re not 75% or more accurate it’s a waste and they’re definitely not 75% accurate

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Naxima View Post
    Do you think the statistics they provide are inaccurate?
    The problem with SportsInsights is... when they first created it... he was on to something special. Now, the company is more hype with FLASHING NUMBERS.... and faulty percentage moves. It looks like it's doing something spectacular. All it is.... blinking lights from a Star Trek ship. Nothing more.

Instead of helping true handicappers in the business with leverage.... the owner has decided on the "HYPE" rather than the true information. Totally not worth dik.

Naxima

So you dont think the bet percentages and money percentages are accurate? Also is there anyone that you trust with those numbers?

jjgold

Naxy not accurate

Secondly means nothing

Naxima

I mean if the public is 90 percent on a bet does that not give us some information? Why would vegas let the public pound one side for 90 percent if they didnt think the other side was going to win?

TheMoneyShot

So you dont think the bet percentages and money percentages are accurate? Also is there anyone that you trust with those numbers?
    I've followed SportsInsights for years... even when they first came out... which was many years ago.

The owner is in the "entertainment" aspect of sports wagering. Doesn't care about percentages anymore. He merged with another company... under "The Sports Action" Network.... which is basically a sports service. They spam you with plays for you to purchase now. Unfortunately, what was once something special... is just a HUSTLE JOB.

If you still have to do guess work... when looking at something... is it worth the price??? NO.

Naxima

Thats what im saying. So according to them and also the numbers sbr forum is showing 95 percent of the money is on the lions this week. I should not trust that number correct? If that number is correct why was there a rlm for the bears? Just learning all of this stuff.

Naxima

appreciate the help

TheMoneyShot

Thats what im saying. So according to them and also the numbers sbr forum is showing 95 percent of the money is on the lions this week. I should not trust that number correct? If that number is correct why was there a rlm for the bears? Just learning all of this stuff.
    You can't really rely on anything unfortunately. What happens if their data is wrong? A server screw up? Anything is possible... and you're relying on it to be accurate? Then you're screwed.

Wish I had plenty of time to give you all the advice in the world about sports handicapping... we'd be talking for a year straight. lol

Just try to design your own system... some sort of pattern that successful for you. Like.... take a week off or two without wagering real money... and just do your system for a week or two... make your plays like you normally would... and see if it's successful or not?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I like sportsinsights

wouldn't buy it

I only use the free percentages

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I like sportsinsights

wouldn't buy it

I only use the free percentages
    Honestly, the free percentages are more accurate than the paid service. Which is the oddest thing in the world. Not joking either.

Naxima

Well that is what im trying to do, but I need to know if the information im getting is accurate before i can make judgements off of it lol.

TheMoneyShot

Well that is what im trying to do, but I need to know if the information im getting is accurate before i can make judgements off of it lol.
    If you are relying on a service for more than 50% of your leans... that's your first mistake.

You should already have the reason for your lean in your head.... then... check with the public. But, it's not always a guarantee that the info is right.

For example.... if you faded every game that SportsInsights claimed was 72% or greater... and you stuck with superior money management... you're going to win more than 50% of your wagers.

Games that come in lower than 72% roughly... aren't that accurate. Still a coin flip. That's the only advantage you really have.

Reason why people don't try this system... not patient enough... poor money management... and no thrill. It's the truth.
    Points Awarded:

Naxima gave TheMoneyShot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Naxima

So you think if i fade the public on games si has at 72 percent or higher it would be accurate enough information to go over 50 percent?

TheMoneyShot

So you think if i fade the public on games si has at 72 percent or higher it would be accurate enough information to go over 50 percent?
    Yes, I do. But make sure you stick with 1 unit wagers... and don't run out of ammunition. Meaning... your bankroll.

It's not going to be a major significant gain... but you won't lose your ass like how most do. It will keep you in the game.

Remember... on a Saturday or Sunday... it's not uncommon to see 3-4 over 72% games on the board in one day... make sure you have enough firepower.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

50% means nothing

you are still losing money at 50.1%

ok???

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    50% means nothing

you are still losing money at 50.1%

ok???
    Hopefully he finds a book with -105 lines

Naxima

Yes i do understand math.

jjgold

Every time I read this it’s Square 101, betting percentages mean nothing

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

As far as public percentages, I don't know if you can trust any of the data.

As far as other data, building systems, stats, closing lines, it's trivial to acquire this data yourself.