SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

please explain what will happen if everyone stands up for national anthem

will less soldiers die tomorrow in iraq and afganistan?

if so then I understand why people are upset for people not standing up

if you really cared about the soldiers that have died and will die you'd be out there protesting the wars

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Man what is wrong with you? Where you from?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

if you really cared about the soldiers that have died and will die you'd be out there protesting the wars
    Don't u have a rainbow colored dildo to go play with while u watch msnbc?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bradthebloke

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gueye is still blowing into cassetes trying to beat level 8 on super Mario bros
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave Louisvillekid1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28921

We wouldn't all of these meaningless threads cluttering PT if everyone stands for anthem.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The ones complaining are the type who love when 'Merica goes to war, theyd never join the military, but theyd be the first ones saying "we won".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It'd represent a 'return to normal' which is what many want.

We don't want statues ripped down, cities burned, murderers set free, catches called incomplete, transvestites in our bathrooms, our politicians skipping our state's or our religious views undermined.

We want common sense Americana - this is anti Americana.
    Points Awarded:

RoyBacon gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    This is good posting.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Holy shit man

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Sports is a place where no politics should take place. So whatever it is, I will always say GTFO. It is something that can bring people together no matter what is going on in the world.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

let me put it this way

if I wanted to ban ice cream sales at the beach, I wouldn't boycott sunscreen

ok?????

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

"
    please explain what will happen if everyone stands up for national anthem "

the liberal agenda will weaken, liberal sheep who have been brainwashed into not liking a president who has accomplished more in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years might actually come out of the pen

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Super Mario brothers lol.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    It'd represent a 'return to normal' which is what many want.

We don't want statues ripped down, cities burned, murderers set free, catches called incomplete, transvestites in our bathrooms, our politicians skipping our state's or our religious views undermined.

We want common sense Americana - this is anti Americana.
    penetrate you and your Confederate Statues. The Confederacy lost and losers don't get monuments.

Secondly, there is nothing more American than the First Amendment. I may disagree with what people have to say but there is nothing more American than FREE SPEECH. So, I'm going to exercise mine. penetrate YOU, you piece of sh!t loser! Just because people don't conform to YOUR religious beliefs doesn't mean their religious beliefs or lack thereof are any less valuable. The founding fathers were very specific on religious freedom so go penetrate yourself you brain dead twat. Go re-enroll in a penetrating civics class and learn about the U.S. Constitution.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

We are not against wiping out ISIS. We are against disrespecting the country at a sports event we pay to go see.

If those over-paid janitors want to march down Main St on their day off then God bless them.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Dont forget to giggle it in the console

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    penetrate you and your Confederate Statues. The Confederacy lost and losers don't get monuments.

Secondly, there is nothing more American than the First Amendment. I may disagree with what people have to say but there is nothing more American than FREE SPEECH. So, I'm going to exercise mine. penetrate YOU, you piece of sh!t loser! Just because people don't conform to YOUR religious beliefs doesn't mean their religious beliefs or lack thereof are any less valuable. The founding fathers were very specific on religious freedom so go penetrate yourself you brain dead twat. Go re-enroll in a penetrating civics class and learn about the U.S. Constitution.
    OK- First of all I'm from Minnesota, we have no CONFEDERATE statues, but we do have a beautiful lake named Calhoun, after John Calhoun, the CSofA Secretary of War. The lake has been named as such since the 1880s. As part of this 'agenda' people now want to rename the lake. Seriously, hundreds of businesses attach the name Calhoun to their shingle, neighborhoods are defined by Calhoun, and there is prestige and equity in the intangible marketing of the Calhoun brand, yet these clowns continue to pursue renaming the lake for no valid reason.

People don't want this bull....

It's the same with the statues. States that fought, communities that contributed to the cause, have the right to erect monuments to their fallen hero's and loved ones as ways to honor them. No future generation has the right to simple destroy the past because they perceive an injustice. If that were the case, and I'll use your own words against you here, we'd tear down the Crazy Horse monument and all remnants of Native Americans since they "lost" and therefore don't get monuments.

As for your 1st amendment rant, it doesn't hold water. Everyone has a right to free speech, but no-one has a right to free speech at work or while on someone else's time. That is abusing others 'property or treasure'. What America is telling the NFL here and what you are not grasping, is that the players are on the company time while in uniform, and the ticket buying fan is expecting a product and a form of entertainment, and the NFL AND ITS PLAYERS is instead preaching and that violates rule number one of "return to common sense"- that the customer is always right....which makes you sir, absolutely wrong.

A4K

OK- First of all I'm from Minnesota, we have no CONFEDERATE statues, but we do have a beautiful lake named Calhoun, after John Calhoun, the CSofA Secretary of War. The lake has been named as such since the 1880s. As part of this 'agenda' people now want to rename the lake. Seriously, hundreds of businesses attach the name Calhoun to their shingle, neighborhoods are defined by Calhoun, and there is prestige and equity in the intangible marketing of the Calhoun brand, yet these clowns continue to pursue renaming the lake for no valid reason.

People don't want this bull....

It's the same with the statues. States that fought, communities that contributed to the cause, have the right to erect monuments to their fallen hero's and loved ones as ways to honor them. No future generation has the right to simple destroy the past because they perceive an injustice. If that were the case, and I'll use your own words against you here, we'd tear down the Crazy Horse monument and all remnants of Native Americans since they "lost" and therefore don't get monuments.

As for your 1st amendment rant, it doesn't hold water. Everyone has a right to free speech, but no-one has a right to free speech at work or while on someone else's time. That is abusing others 'property or treasure'. What America is telling the NFL here and what you are not grasping, is that the players are on the company time while in uniform, and the ticket buying fan is expecting a product and a form of entertainment, and the NFL AND ITS PLAYERS is instead preaching and that violates rule number one of "return to common sense"- that the customer is always right....which makes you sir, absolutely wrong.
    Typical POS loser shifting the argument once your hypocrisy was pointed out. I never said players could not be punished for protesting on company time. I was taking umbrage with your idiotic take on religious values and statues. Reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

Pieces of sh!t like you are what is wrong with this country. Some of us served so that ALL people can worship who they please and express their viewpoints without government interference. You neo-cons are all the same. As long as your freedom of speech and religion isn't infringed upon you are perfectly fine with suppressing others. You are a piece of sh!t.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    "
    please explain what will happen if everyone stands up for national anthem "

the liberal agenda will weaken, liberal sheep who have been brainwashed into not liking a president who has accomplished more in 8 months than Obama did in 8 years might actually come out of the pen
    He accomplished firing people trying investigate his corrupt ass for being involved in secretly meeting with Russian spies.

DONE.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    I wish people would stop bringing up the 1st ammendment because it really doesn't apply here and just clouds the issue.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I wish people would stop bringing up the 1st ammendment because it really doesn't apply here and just clouds the issue.
    It applies to the specific post I was responding to. The poster was insinuating the 1st Amendment doesn't matter in this country.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

i just want to watch a damn football game

guys can jerk off for the national anthem, i dont care. stop talking about it

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Lake Calhoun, a lake of the Chain of Lakes in Minneapolis, was named after Calhoun by surveyors sent by Calhoun during his tenure as Secretary of War to map the area around Fort Snelling in 1817

On May 4, 2017, it was renamed Lake Bde Maka Ska by a vote of the Minneapolis Park Board, pending approval by the Minnesota Department Of Natural Resources and the U.S. Board Of Geographic Names. Bde Maka Ska in the Dakota language means White Banks Lake

A4K

MinnesotaFats is a broke dick loser who can't afford to go Pro and he never contributes anything in regards to sports betting on these forums. He simply parrots neo-con talking points. Fuq that loser. Typical POS mooch who probably never served a day in his life but wants to act as if he is some hardcore patriot. Fuq him

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

You know guys this guy has a grain of truth in his statement. You are all split into two camps- liberals and democrats and shit on each other.
    But look at the bigger picture - what his statement really means - is so much attention is given to structurally insignificant things. Unlike things that affect economy, society much more are left out of sight of the media.
    Noone knows how much business is lost to Chinese investment in North America - like Canada sold 2 oil companies with mining rights to Chinese companies. Capital outta the country. Noone is ranting on forums about how in the world its been years after racial segregation is over - and still a lot of black neighborhoods can't solve a crime crisis - if solving those things was more important than standing up for a piece of fabric - I bet things would have moved in a better direction.

Think how you conduct everyday family business - if you kid doesn't stand up for pledge of allegiance - but he stands up to let an 80-year old sit on subway - which is more important?
    Americans teach their kids to be sensitive to racial slur - but they never teach to be sensitive to poisoning your fellow citizens with drugs - or who grows up to be a drug dealer? Small scale or big scale. If society and media focused on structurally significant things - America would have been a much better place.

You know why Canada had only one terrorist attack within last few years? Cause no one gives a penetrate! I have seen it on the news and out of a dozen Canadian-born vancouverites I spoke to about it - only 2 new what the hell happened in Ottawa - rest don't watch news if news don't talk about their community

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Sports is a place where no politics should take place. So whatever it is, I will always say GTFO. It is something that can bring people together no matter what is going on in the world.
    well if you want to take politics completely out of it, dont play the national anthem

and if you claim that playing the national anthem is not politics, then neither is kneeling during the national anthem

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Those dedicated protesters can do this..

Kneel to this flag. And the man.
    Is he, no doubt, the greatest killer of black people of all time, worldwide? Yes, I do believe he has that sole distinction.
    This black icon right here:
    IDI AMIN

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11842

well if you want to take politics completely out of it, dont play the national anthem and if you claim that playing the national anthem is not politics, then neither is kneeling during the national anthem
    Interesting point. If I was to guess, the final resolution will be no more anthem starting next year, maybe sooner. Who knows though. I just don't see any other way.
    Tough to imagine the Super Bowl without someone singing the Anthem.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Interesting point. If I was to guess, the final resolution will be no more anthem starting next year, maybe sooner. Who knows though. I just don't see any other way.
    Tough to imagine the Super Bowl without someone singing the Anthem.

thanks for trying to have a discussion instead of throwing insults

i dont think that will happen personally, that will alienate many fans

i think that people have the right to play the national anthem if they want, and people have the right to not stand up during

its ironic that people who bring up the troops and that its disrespectful to them, fail to realize that those soldiers they mention, died so that people can express dissent without fear of prosecution or persecution

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Why does everyone always say this is about the military and the men and women who've served? Kap took a knee because he believed that cops in this country systemically target and brutalize black people. He wore a t-shirt in support of Castro (a brutal communist dictator) and wore socks that called cops "pigs", which echoed the BLM chants about calling for the killing of cops. For me, I realize that police are not without error but I support them and I'm damn glad we have law enforcement, particularly when you see how lawless and violent our inner cities have become. Kap can take a crap!!

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Why does everyone always say this is about the military and the men and women who've served? Kap took a knee because he believed that cops in this country systemically target and brutalize black people. He wore a t-shirt in support of Castro (a brutal communist dictator) and wore socks that called cops "pigs", which echoed the BLM chants about calling for the killing of cops. For me, I realize that police are not without error but I support them and I'm damn glad we have law enforcement, particularly when you see how lawless and violent our inner cities have become. Kap can take a crap!!
    This is just it- the "protesters" just protest for the sake of protesting. They don't appear to have a specific target or cause, just anything that populist white America might find offensive or anything that populist white America might find sacred or honorary.

As you read thru the rants, and I guess I'm a target now by A4k, those attempting to justify the actions still wrongly cite it as a first amendment issue (It's not - that couldn't be more blatant if John Roberts sat down and talked us all thru it); still incorrectly portray the individual victims as innocent victims; still fail to condemn black on black violence; cannot or will not step up to fix their native communities (most GTFU as soon as they can) and what still bothers so many others is the complete lack of respect for private property or consumer experience during all this.

You could ask 10 people like A4k what they are protesting and you'll get 10 different answers. His own threads here change from 1st amendment to religious rights to 'serve or else', to CONFEDERATEs losing a war to my posting and then some name calling.

It seems to be a giant tantrum more or less...afterall, what would happen if you took the law out of the inner cities? The protesters never answer that question....do you think inner city America is capable of peaceful self governing?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlowilly

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

This is just it- the "protesters" just protest for the sake of protesting. They don't appear to have a specific target or cause, just anything that populist white America might find offensive or anything that populist white America might find sacred or honorary.

As you read thru the rants, and I guess I'm a target now by A4k, those attempting to justify the actions still wrongly cite it as a first amendment issue (It's not - that couldn't be more blatant if John Roberts sat down and talked us all thru it); still incorrectly portray the individual victims as innocent victims; still fail to condemn black on black violence; cannot or will not step up to fix their native communities (most GTFU as soon as they can) and what still bothers so many others is the complete lack of respect for private property or consumer experience during all this.

You could ask 10 people like A4k what they are protesting and you'll get 10 different answers. His own threads here change from 1st amendment to religious rights to 'serve or else', to CONFEDERATEs losing a war to my posting and then some name calling.

It seems to be a giant tantrum more or less...afterall, what would happen if you took the law out of the inner cities? The protesters never answer that question....do you think inner city America is capable of peaceful self governing?
    i sure as heck don't

and the end result of protesting police violence that mostly targets harmful criminal scumbags, is that there will be more violence and scumbags in the inner cities because law enforcement personnel will be less eager to go there

almost every time a cop has killed someone in the line of duty, the world instantly became a better place

milwaukee mike

and now watch rape-lisberger and others saying they regret not coming out for the national anthem... realizing their money train is gonna crash because of their stupid antics

hmmm... maybe the conservative base of people you're offending are the same ones that are going to nfl games and watching on tv

too late to be unpregnant now, or put the genie back in the bottle. just ask mtv and espn what happens to ratings when you keep pushing progressive, communist, socialist politics

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It's nothing more than a pants around the knees middle finger. Vulgarity and offensiveness just to do it, with a false narrative as the supposed reason

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    It's nothing more than a pants around the knees middle finger. Vulgarity and offensiveness just to do it, with a false narrative as the supposed reason
    but how can they not realize there are repercussions?

bills just lost a long-time employee because of it, and then lesean mccoy says "boo hoo the president is acting like a jerk", what an idiot crybaby ... von miller lost a sponsorship deal... etc etc etc

12 Last