wise14
    wise14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Line Movements

Hi guys

I don't konow if this is the correct place to talk about this topic but hope you can answer this:

As I understand "the line" moves becuase of the amount of money betting to certain team. So which is or how much is this amount of money that you have to bet to make the book move the line???

I try looking in articles but I don't find anything about that

Please help

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Max bets from certain players could move the line, some think it's all computers.

But truthfully, the line opens, moves, or doesn't move for a variety of reasons depending on the context of the market.

It's not as simple as a bet goes here, so the line moves. Books and their managers would try to get you to believe that, but we know there is more to the truth; we know those top managers lie in those interviews and articles.

We know.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most lines do not move off the amount of money bet they move because pinnacle sports move their line and everybody copies even vegas

wise14

Thanks guys

I think you are right otherwise it would be more easy to beat the house

They should make of public knowlge the amounts wager in both sides of the game though

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just follow pinnacle and you'll see all the lines move off them

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

It's not the information, it's how you use it.

If you know why the line opens where it does and moves to where it closes then you will go a long way towards winning long term.

It doesn't matter what house does what or if anyone follows anyone. Create your own line that is more reflective of reality than the line the market can offer.

Then track your bets and why you made them.

Good Luck.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

None of us can really make any progress until we can make our own line. Not just follow movement - originate - know where the line should be. If Pinny moves the marketplace - who moves Pinny? That is just too easy for Pinny - create false steam and everybody goes running to other books to get an original number. Pinny is not playing as much against the players as they are playing games against the other books. Line manipulation is a heinous thing as it is played by the big fish in the sea.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave BuckyOne 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28619

Books play games with lines all the time....

Look at the Dodger Game tonight... the real favorite should have been Arizona....

They wanted Joe public (California money for the most part) to think Dodgers would win this game...

If you would have be watching ...Zona is on a big run and LA is a dead horse...

With that being said.... Do your home work....Books want your money.... Its war... there not nice guys to give you info to beat them....
    Last edited by Philmill; 09-04-17 at 08:53 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

wise14

Thanks guys!!

For replay my post
    I just keep working!!