ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Have any SBR posters been adversely affected by the Houston storm?

ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

It's nice of JJ to want to donate everyone else's money. Let me know when he donates a year's pay from his mountains of moneybags.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Exactly or at least donate $50,000

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He donated 100K. Better than Kevin Hart donating 25K, and calling out other celebrities to do the same. Could donate a mil and not notice. Anyway, JJ did donate. Any money is good.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

These people had plenty of warning to get out...this is also what insurance is for..if you don't have insurance that's a personal problem

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    These people had plenty of warning to get out...this is also what insurance is for..if you don't have insurance that's a personal problem
    I agree 100%, I pay dearly for hurricane/wind and flood insurance here in FL. The problem is that most of the folks who are taking refuge at the shelters in Houston were from public housing, that's what the news is saying anyways. So it's going to be the same old story tax payers will bail them all out and get stuck with the costs to re home them

As far as the single family homes that are all flooded they have no excuse for not having flood insurance. I find it hard to believe that any bank or mortgage company wouldn't require them to have flood insurance built into their mortgage.

I have no mortgage and flood insurance through the Government isn't that expensive. It's the wind insurance that costs dearly

Not to mention all the fraud that always follows these kind of events

Later

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I agree 100%, I pay dearly for hurricane/wind and flood insurance here in FL. The problem is that most of the folks who are taking refuge at the shelters in Houston were from public housing, that's what the news is saying anyways. So it's going to be the same old story tax payers will bail them all out and get stuck with the costs to re home them
    Later
    You need to stop reading the damn news. No neighborhood is being spared here. The wealthiest parts of the city is under water. A shitload of people in Houston have flood insurance, so what are you talking about? This city and state has paid into the national tax just about more than every other city/state, except California so fukkk you.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    It's nice of JJ to want to donate everyone else's money. Let me know when he donates a year's pay from his mountains of moneybags.
    At first...I thought u were talking about JJ Gold.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1658

Autodonk rumored dead...

jjgold

This whole catastrophe is mind boggling

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Autodonk rumored dead...
    Hopefully he's alright. Probably figured something out. He was joking about it, but he's not dumb. I said from the start anyone not leaving was insane. Know it was rapid, but you could see it was going to just sit there. Houston floods with an inch, so they had to know this was a possibility.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You need to stop reading the damn news. No neighborhood is being spared here. The wealthiest parts of the city is under water. A shitload of people in Houston have flood insurance, so what are you talking about? This city and state has paid into the national tax just about more than every other city/state, except California so fukkk you.
    Mac I haven't seen you this worked up since manny made you tap out with a rear naked choke

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

As far as the single family homes that are all flooded they have no excuse for not having flood insurance. I find it hard to believe that any bank or mortgage company wouldn't require them to have flood insurance built into their mortgage.

I have no mortgage and flood insurance through the Government isn't that expensive. It's the wind insurance that costs dearly

Later
    Bailouts are for CEO'S & Wall Street billionaires.....

Not people who live in public housing.

If the insurance lobby could make flood insurance mandated, they would.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Mac I haven't seen you this worked up since manny made you tap out with a rear naked choke
    Haha - Manny wouldn't take my ban bet, so he challenges me to a fist fight but turns off his PM's and wouldn't put up any seed money. Revisionist history is real funny.

Houston employs a shitload of people. This is a city that works and pays into the government unlike most. For someone to insinuate that this city needs a handout is insulting. Damn right I'm worked up.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Mac go buy a floaty and take advantage of the situation

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Mac go buy a floaty and take advantage of the situation
    Kraken - I use to be an adventurer and I would certainly be water skiing tied behind a hummer down a flooded road years ago. Hell, I haven't left the house since Thursday. I'm barricaded in like Fort Knox.

ChuckyTheGoat

Mac, u doin ok?

ChuckyTheGoat

Surely, the wealthy can impact cat-recoveries more financially. But the idea is that everyone pitches in.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd appreciate someone helping you get back on your feet. A few things on these CAT funds:

1) You want to feel comfortable that your donation is going to good use. I don't want to see the CEO of said charity in a lounge chair on Jamaican vacation.
    2) Any company sponsoring 100% matching is a good deal.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Mac, u doin ok?
    Thank bud, I'm doing great. High and dry with plenty of food and backup power just in case. But a lot of friends are in a huge mess. One friend just had a baby boy a few months ago and their NICE new house is totally flooded out. They are on the 2nd floor trying to figure out what to do next. Another friend is in Dallas but her neighbor posted picks of her house totally under water. Thousands of people are in the same shoes all over this place. Very sad.

I use to donate to the Red Cross until I worked with them. I don't recommend anyone giving them any money. Find other ways to donate where the money goes to the people who really need it.

ChuckyTheGoat

Thx for the update, Mac. Good to hear that you're ok.

Nice to hear rpts from the ground. Looks bad on TV.

I'm gonna give some $$ to this Fund. Would be nice to know it's going to a good cause.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Thx for the update, Mac. Good to hear that you're ok.
    Nice to hear rpts from the ground. Looks bad on TV.
    I'm gonna give some $$ to this Fund. Would be nice to know it's going to a good cause.
    I am very leery donating money these days after my experience with the Red Cross (too long to explain). I think the best thing is to somehow find people that are truly distressed and just give them money. That way it goes right into their hands. Houston has some very excellent companies that will offer plenty of help to employees. Most of the Oil n Gas companies are already working with their people providing financial and housing support if needed. That is wonderful. The government will eventually provide billions in assistance as well. So there will be plenty of local, state and government assistance that will basically rebuild the city. It just takes time for the money to get distributed. That impacts poor people much more as they don't have any disposable income for the time being. A simple thing like buying a family a turkey or honey baked ham goes a looong way.

The rain just keeps coming down. It's a monsoon out there right now. New Orleans is getting a lot of rain as well. This is madness.

ChuckyTheGoat

https://www.youcaring.com/victimsofh...eharvey-915053

JJ bumping up the Fund to $1.0Mill goal.

jjgold

Who knows where that money does go when you donate so many corrupt people out there

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who knows where that money does go when you donate so many corrupt people out there
    That's my point, Gold. I agree w/ Mac...best to put $$ right into the needy-person's pockets.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

what happened in Houston?

protest?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32186

I've never been to Houston.

Is it a nice city?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I've never been to Houston.

Is it a nice city?
    I played golf there once Daggles. Terrible city. (Only cuz I played like chit)

If I played well would be a fantastic city

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

ppl shooting at the rescue boats
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Wheatgrass 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Haha - Manny wouldn't take my ban bet, so he challenges me to a fist fight but turns off his PM's and wouldn't put up any seed money. Revisionist history is real funny.

Houston employs a shitload of people. This is a city that works and pays into the government unlike most. For someone to insinuate that this city needs a handout is insulting. Damn right I'm worked up.
    you did well laying low for the storm Mac

and the fight

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Lol no shit

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Kraken - I use to be an adventurer and I would certainly be water skiing tied behind a hummer down a flooded road years ago. Hell, I haven't left the house since Thursday. I'm barricaded in like Fort Knox.
    I bet the fishing is great right now

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

We can only hope not.
    Last edited by jtoler; 08-28-17 at 08:30 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Later
    Hurricane Irma could hit Miami next week..........

Right now, the GFS has Irma taking a more northerly track that curves to the north
    before it reaches the Caribbean, thus making a US landfall much less likely.....

The European model keeps the storm tracking further west and into the
    Caribbean by the middle of next week then possibly hitting Miami..........

The European model, or ECMWF, and the American GFS model have had some
    notable showdowns before, most notably with Hurricane Sandy.......

With Sandy, the ECMWF correctly predicted a landfall in the northeast
    nearly a week ahead, while the GFS continually kept the storm offshore...............

Powerful Hurricane Irma could be next weather disaster
    Right now, the GFS has Irma taking a more...

12 Last