Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Have had that happen to, black people come in not to apply but wanting me to sign something saying they applied but were turned down for the job
    Yeah, I also ran into that several times. One time it was the bother of a white kid that I graduated with.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I don't know about all of that.

Here is just one example. Back in 1996 some white woman brought this black guy in for an interview which I found odd to begin with. While interviewing him she sat at a table next to us. I asked all of the right questions and the guy gave all of the right answers. I loved the guy, he was young(mid 20's), funny, and we both grew up from the same end of town. I told the guy that I was going to hire him. The woman got up and went to the bathroom and the guy grabbed my arm from across the table and said "Look I am just here because they are making me, I don't want the job. She is taking me to 3 places today and apply for work"

Here it was just some type of job placement program and they wasted 30 minutes of my time.

This wasn't the only time that I had run into this.
    Another example of white privilege is not being defined by the knuckleheads of your demographic group

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Bosigga, are you black?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A white running back was drafted in the first round and there was just a black president

Not everyone is created equally...be it smarts, athletic ability, quality parents and home life, etc

Everyone does have a chance to make it regardless of race in this country...the term "white privilege" is for losers.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Bosigga, are you black?
    No. Don't have to be black to understand how this country's past shaped our current society though.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bosigga 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    Another example of white privilege is not being defined by the knuckleheads of your demographic group
    So what you are saying is that I had the privilege of spending 30 minutes of my time interviewing this guy for nothing.

Kooky.

dlowilly

No. Don't have to be black to understand how this country's past shaped our current society though.
    Just wanted to know in order to understand where you're coming from. Many times blacks will vehemently defend certain things because they are the same race as those being "oppressed" and nothing will change their mind. The reasoning for whites defending those same things can be varied.

Regardless of whether you are black or white, and regardless of your bumper sticker last sentence, you cannot and will not explain the blatant discrepancies between the facts and your position.

-Why do non african american blacks around the world underachieve in the same scholastic and economic areas that african american blacks do, if it was american history that is holding those african americans back?

-Why have the gangs and crime in black neighborhoods gotten worse since the "barriers" have been lifted if in fact it is those barriers that were the cause?

-Why is black excellence in sports because of talent, while white excellence in school and business has to be because of white privilege? Both areas had barriers, and both seek out the best candidates to help them succeed, yet blacks have dominated one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Holy crap let me spell it out for some of the handicapped

Of course there isn't black privilege in pro sports, the best get the job, just like there is no white privilege, we are just better at school and working and getting ahead.
    It's ok if you don't get it. Just don't pretend that you do.

It's not a concept for people who don't like to look outside their experiences.

Hell, I know black people who actually misuse the term.

Google "what riding a bike taught me about white privilege." If you're inclined to actually understand the term, this might help.

In a nutshell. White privilege is not about having a nice car or any economic advantage, that's economic privilege. White privilege is being able to drive that car and not get pulled over for some bs reason just so they justify a license and registration check.

boneheaded1

Bull shit

If they overtook the sports world once the barrier was lifted because they were the best at it they could do the same in school and business.

Take a step back and see u just said because they are better athletes, but then twisted urself into a pretzel so u could reach in ur own ass* to pull out excuses why white people can't be better at things. If u are losing money for a company or failing tests at a school u are out just like a guard who can't make a 3 pointer. Ever occur to u that childen of successful parents do well because of a thing called genetics? Probably haven't. And why are blacks around the world lagging behind in the same areas, school and business, that African Americans are, even though there aren't white people in those other countries to be privileged over them?

*inspired by funnyb and diggity
    I assume you mean African countries? You ever been to Africa? Nah. Didn't think so.

And before you ask, yes I have. Twice. South Africa (where there is absolutely white people lording over them). And Ghana. One of the better more established African nations.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    It's ok if you don't get it. Just don't pretend that you do.

It's not a concept for people who don't like to look outside their experiences.

Hell, I know black people who actually misuse the term.

Google "what riding a bike taught me about white privilege." If you're inclined to actually understand the term, this might help.

In a nutshell. White privilege is not about having a nice car or any economic advantage, that's economic privilege. White privilege is being able to drive that car and not get pulled over for some bs reason just so they justify a license and registration check.
    Oh ok, so you don't agree with my definition of white privilege. Well call it whatever you want to, this isn't about a definition. So please explain why no one criticizes black dominance in sports but criticizes white dominance in school and business?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by boneheaded1 View Post
    I assume you mean African countries? You ever been to Africa? Nah. Didn't think so.

And before you ask, yes I have. Twice. South Africa (where there is absolutely white people lording over them). And Ghana. One of the better more established African nations.
    LOL another tangent you've launched yourself on. What does it matter if you've been to Africa? Does it change the fact that african countries overall are way behind in scholastic and economic performance?

White people are lording over South African blacks? Ever heard of BEE? LOL you libby's just bury yourself at every turn. Whites have always been the minority there. Why couldn't blacks say sure you can enforce apartheid and we will thrive on our own? How about all the other African countries which have had little to no white presence? In the countries with the most white presence the blacks are actually better off. How about the Carribbean, like Haiti? Every white person there was was butchered, expelled, or in a few cases forced to marry a black man over 200 years ago. Today that is one of the poorest, dumbest countries in the world.

Keep arguing about definitions and passport stamps. I'd like to know why whites dominating something is criticized as unfair while blacks dominating something is because of talent and justifiable.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

some people believe blacks (as a whole) commit more crimes, live in poverty, have more teenage pregnancies, etc because they have been historically held down

others can see the simple fact that (on average) blacks are less intelligent and less motivated... neither of which have anything to do with slavery or being historically oppressed

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mike your second paragraph is dead on no black has been held back

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Most in America like grinders that go to work regardless of circumstances...no one likes the lazy prima donnas and complainers always with an excuse for why they couldn't

It's why Asians as a whole get much more respect when they could have used similar excuses as other minorities
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 08-22-17 at 10:16 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

you do need some brain cells which you are missing. I wrecked you in charlottesville thread and caught you lying multiple times. You are a true liberal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Man as far as education the black race is just not they are genetically doesn't mean they're bad people they're just not smart as a whole and make so many bad decisions

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

while genetics play a part there are plenty of brilliant black people, the difference is most of them had a decent upbringing or better. All those cheesy things people say are true, it really does start at home.

But fixing that would severely damage the democrats. It's not just about black votes, it's about the idiot white guilt people who will take any kind of race bait. If the education system wasn't designed to keep people stupid the democrats would be done.

boneheaded1

Like I said, it's OK if you don't get it. Just don't go around talking like you do.

As for my "tangents" both of them were in response to statements you made.

Jeez, you can't even track your own frickin arguments?

The worst part isn't that you don't get it, it's that you have no desire to even attempt to. Stay ignorant my, friend.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    while genetics play a part there are plenty of brilliant black people, the difference is most of them had a decent upbringing or better. All those cheesy things people say are true, it really does start at home.

But fixing that would severely damage the democrats. It's not just about black votes, it's about the idiot white guilt people who will take any kind of race bait. If the education system wasn't designed to keep people stupid the democrats would be done.
    Actually kinda true...the more people need to rely on the system, the better it is for the Democratic Party

I don't have a problem with people wanting true equality for all as I'm for that myself...but I'm totally against anything more than that. The government and communities should be there to help the people that truly need help, not the lazy leeches (all races, not just black)

The issue is no one wants to have an honest discussion....just going to keep going in circles until we're all honest with each other. It's not 100% holding the man down and of course not everything is 100% equality as it stands
    Points Awarded:

nistohm gave MoneyLineDawg 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Just wanted to know in order to understand where you're coming from. Many times blacks will vehemently defend certain things because they are the same race as those being "oppressed" and nothing will change their mind. The reasoning for whites defending those same things can be varied.

Regardless of whether you are black or white, and regardless of your bumper sticker last sentence, you cannot and will not explain the blatant discrepancies between the facts and your position.

-Why do non african american blacks around the world underachieve in the same scholastic and economic areas that african american blacks do, if it was american history that is holding those african americans back?

-Why have the gangs and crime in black neighborhoods gotten worse since the "barriers" have been lifted if in fact it is those barriers that were the cause?

-Why is black excellence in sports because of talent, while white excellence in school and business has to be because of white privilege? Both areas had barriers, and both seek out the best candidates to help them succeed, yet blacks have dominated one.
    When people say white privilege, they are not exactly discrediting the successful white people who made something of themselves and saying it was just because other groups are held down. Of course most worked to get where they are at. The point is, many people of color can work just as hard if not harder and just not be in the same position because of hurdles and environment. Goes for poor whites also - unless you think they are just choosing not to succeed?

There's plenty of educated and professional successes by black people - American, African or whatever region you want to look at. Historically and in modern times.

It comes down to environment and economics. You have poor white areas suffering with the same problems of crime, drugs and etc. After hundreds of years of slavery and discrimination which had unequal schooling, no skilled job opportunities, not being allowed to even buy property - and you expect everything to be reversed in a matter of 50-60 years? When even if a switch is flipped on inequality per the law, doesn't mean it was switched in everybody's mind or actions. Economic development, government, there's a lot of factors at play but it's clear you'd rather dismiss all that and just claim superior intelligence by whites.

Yes there are certain body types and biological traits that give people advantage in sports. That alone does not guarantee success. Work ethic plays a huge factor obviously. Kids get scouted in middle and high schools and have plenty offers - regardless of your race or economic upbringing.

The business world has a lot more barriers. You can be a smart kid living in an impoverished area with a shit school, and you will go unnoticed and may not even have opportunities to develop and go to college. That's the difference.

Where does Asian intelligence rank in your brush stroke white supremacist views?

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you do need some brain cells which you are missing. I wrecked you in charlottesville thread and caught you lying multiple times. You are a true liberal.
    Brooks,
    You do not wreck anybody. Don't kid yourself.

Though I agree with your point that upbringing plays a big factor in the intelligence and the opportunities a person has. Of course there's always those who defy odds, but it's silly and ignorant to not factor environment in.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Most in America like grinders that go to work regardless of circumstances...no one likes the lazy prima donnas and complainers always with an excuse for why they couldn't

It's why Asians as a whole get much more respect when they could have used similar excuses as other minorities
    Bingo!
    We never hear of all the shit Asians had to go through, yet they were slaves and treated like dogs.

I always like to bring up a statistic: why are whites twice as likely to commit a crime than Asians?

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Hey mods, just curious -- You banned iloseagain for one racist comment, and I'm sure many others have been banned for similar behavior. Is this guy not going to be banned for posting multiple racist threads?

I admit that part of my frustration comes from the fact that he is truly too stupid to troll, but honestly, it's getting a bit out of hand at this point. Thanks in advance.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Hey mods, just curious -- You banned iloseagain for one racist comment, and I'm sure many others have been banned for similar behavior. Is this guy not going to be banned for posting multiple racist threads?

I admit that part of my frustration comes from the fact that he is truly too stupid to troll, but honestly, it's getting a bit out of hand at this point. Thanks in advance.
    A libtard and a snitch wow

Dlowilly is hurting my feelings, waaaaah! U fit right in with the far left movement that can't abide anyone offending them.

I'll address other recent typical libtard responses soon

chargers4222

A libtard and a snitch wow

Dlowilly is hurting my feelings, waaaaah! U fit right in with the far left movement that can't abide anyone offending them.

I'll address other recent typical libtard responses soon
    You are beyond parody.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

This thread is alot like Indian food. I thought that the food couldn't possibly taste the way it smelled.

I was wrong

I clicked on the title thinking that the content wouldn't be "get off my lawn" talk.

Wrong again

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    You are beyond parody.
    I see u changed ur signature. Since I'm living rent free in ur head can u throw in some cleaning service? It's a mess in there
    Last edited by dlowilly; 08-22-17 at 04:01 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Do some research MLD. You are looking at the 1/2 of 1% of the most successful Asian's that have come here from China, Japan, etc. They came here with wealth. They came here with A LOT of wealth. There is an underbelly of very poor Asians that commit crime, are under educated, etc. as well but you don't hear about them. You never see them because its the wealthy ones that are buying up all the property around the US. There were a few Asians that were considered middle class but their net worth's skyrocketed when property values on the West coast exploded. Many of those people became multi millionaires. You cannot compare Asian with other ethnic classes because it is very different. Asian Americans are fairly new to the US and they came here with money. The Asians that came here decades ago and didn't have property are catching hell just like every other ethnicity.

The stereotypes in this thread is actually funny in it's stupidity. People are a product of their ENVIRONMENT. Not their race, color, ethnicity, religion. A child does not know what it doesn't know. It has to be taught. A young child is not racist. It's when their parents instill stupid stereotypes that they become racist. Unless a child has a learning deficiency, they can be taught calculus, physics, etc. But it is up to the parents. Bottom line, many black, Hispanic, American Indian, etc., have terrible parents that were never taught common parenting. There's a lot of disadvantaged white people too, who have awful parents and they are pissing in the same pot. Your environment made you what you are today. If you had a horrible upbringing, if you had terrible schools with substandard teachers, there is no way you could nurture your mind. The real sad thing is that we've had many people that could have been geniuses but they were surrounded by dummies. I was very good in math and science so I expected my kids to be smart in math. Guess what? They are smart in math and science. They didn't have a choice because I built that expectation from birth. Now imagine if I sucked in math? I would tell my kids that I was never good in math, I would have no expectation for them to be good in math, I wouldn't want them to bring home homework because I wouldn't be able to help them. "Oh, you got a bad grade, you're just like your dad. Our family is just not good in math." It becomes a vicious cycle.

Blacks are underrepresented in baseball, swimming, tennis, golf, lacrosse, hockey, etc.? Why? Because sports is a learned event as well as opportunity. Without opportunity, no one can become a world class tennis player. You have to have access and that usually means money to play golf. Why would a black kid play hockey (afford equipment) when he can pick up a basketball and play anywhere? Plus, he sees people that look just like him and says to himself... "If he can do it, I can do it". Black kids see football and basketball as a way out, just like Dominicans see baseball as their way out. They don't have many other options.

Plus, my kids are not hungry, so they don't have the drive to be successful in sports. I had to get out of Cleveland and football was my only way out. My son lives in the house. He doesn't like to play outside. I spent most of my life outside. He's not hungry for a better life. He has everything he wants. Plus he has so many options. He plays almost every sport, so he's not committed to one or 2. Plus he does so many other things from music, to robotics, to chess club, to boy scouts, etc. Too many options. Growing up I had basketball and football. I was playing one or the other EVERY day. I had very little choices. I burned the boats, so I couldn't return back home.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    This thread is alot like Indian food. I thought that the food couldn't possibly taste the way it smelled.

I was wrong

I clicked on the title thinking that the content wouldn't be "get off my lawn" talk.

Wrong again
    haha

chargers4222

I see u changed ur signature. Since I'm living rent free in ur head can u throw in some cleaning service? It's a mess in there
    I'm sorry, man. You're right. You were totally right. We need to stop these libtards from preaching their hocus pocus lovey dovey snowflake bullcrap.

I am on your team, my brother. Together we shall avenge our ancestors and take back what's ours. Libtards BEWARE!!!! You hear me LIBTARDS??!?! LOCK HER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Do some research MLD. You are looking at the 1/2 of 1% of the most successful Asian's that have come here from China, Japan, etc. They came here with wealth. They came here with A LOT of wealth. There is an underbelly of very poor Asians that commit crime, are under educated, etc. as well but you don't hear about them. You never see them because its the wealthy ones that are buying up all the property around the US. There were a few Asians that were considered middle class but their net worth's skyrocketed when property values on the West coast exploded. Many of those people became multi millionaires. You cannot compare Asian with other ethnic classes because it is very different. Asian Americans are fairly new to the US and they came here with money. The Asians that came here decades ago and didn't have property are catching hell just like every other ethnicity.

The stereotypes in this thread is actually funny in it's stupidity. People are a product of their ENVIRONMENT. Not their race, color, ethnicity, religion. A child does not know what it doesn't know. It has to be taught. A young child is not racist. It's when their parents instill stupid stereotypes that they become racist. Unless a child has a learning deficiency, they can be taught calculus, physics, etc. But it is up to the parents. Bottom line, many black, Hispanic, American Indian, etc., have terrible parents that were never taught common parenting. There's a lot of disadvantaged white people too, who have awful parents and they are pissing in the same pot. Your environment made you what you are today. If you had a horrible upbringing, if you had terrible schools with substandard teachers, there is no way you could nurture your mind. The real sad thing is that we've had many people that could have been geniuses but they were surrounded by dummies. I was very good in math and science so I expected my kids to be smart in math. Guess what? They are smart in math and science. They didn't have a choice because I built that expectation from birth. Now imagine if I sucked in math? I would tell my kids that I was never good in math, I would have no expectation for them to be good in math, I wouldn't want them to bring home homework because I wouldn't be able to help them. "Oh, you got a bad grade, you're just like your dad. Our family is just not good in math." It becomes a vicious cycle.

Blacks are underrepresented in baseball, swimming, tennis, golf, lacrosse, hockey, etc.? Why? Because sports is a learned event as well as opportunity. Without opportunity, no one can become a world class tennis player. You have to have access and that usually means money to play golf. Why would a black kid play hockey (afford equipment) when he can pick up a basketball and play anywhere? Plus, he sees people that look just like him and says to himself... "If he can do it, I can do it". Black kids see football and basketball as a way out, just like Dominicans see baseball as their way out. They don't have many other options.

Plus, my kids are not hungry, so they don't have the drive to be successful in sports. I had to get out of Cleveland and football was my only way out. My son lives in the house. He doesn't like to play outside. I spent most of my life outside. He's not hungry for a better life. He has everything he wants. Plus he has so many options. He plays almost every sport, so he's not committed to one or 2. Plus he does so many other things from music, to robotics, to chess club, to boy scouts, etc. Too many options. Growing up I had basketball and football. I was playing one or the other EVERY day. I had very little choices. I burned the boats, so I couldn't return back home.
    Lol I stopped reading when you said black are underrepresented in baseball - are you joking. Blacks make up about 6% of the US population, I don't know the exact numbers but significantly more than 12% of MLB players are african american. The idea that black kids don't have many options is ridiculous, they have the same opportunities as everyone else, 80% of the poor people in the US are white. The biggest problem facing the black community is single parent families, not racism or lack of opportunity - liberal bullshit at its best.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lol I stopped reading when you said black are underrepresented in baseball - are you joking. Blacks make up about 6% of the US population, I don't know the exact numbers but significantly more than 12% of MLB players are african american. The idea that black kids don't have many options is ridiculous, they have the same opportunities as everyone else, 80% of the poor people in the US are white. The biggest problem facing the black community is single parent families, not racism or lack of opportunity - liberal bullshit at its best.
    That's right bro!!! Typical libtard BS, with their "Census" that lists the African-American population at 13.3%...NICE TRY, LIBTARDS -- FAKE NEWS!!!!!

These libtards need to put their tail between their legs and go back to mommy!!! NO SAFE SPACE HERE LIBTARDS!!!!!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Back in the 80's almost 20% of the players were African Americans. Today it's around 8%.

Here is Chris Rock's take on the dwindling number.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I know all about it

Wanted to know what u meant referring to it in the context of this thread.
    The thread is titled "why don't you hear people complaining about black privilege in sports" and the answer is because of what happened to Jimmy the Greek.

In nothing more then a charismatic if not alcohol induced 3 minutes of pontificating Jimmy gave his opinion on how AA dominate athletics. Mind you he admired their skill and talents, and then went on to suggest that the AA have a monopoly on sports and if they were to exercise their privilege into management and ownership there'd be nothing left for the white populous.

Now no-one took that literally. There will always be white NBA players, Hockey players, Football players and Baseball players. However, the political slant and the chaos that drives media ratings was too much of a temptation for news outlets to pass up; they blew the 3 minutes of friendly dialog way out of proportion (just as they do with most other minor offenses in society) and the rather comely, homely, paternal gentleman we knew as Jimmy the Greek might as well have had on a white robe, tiki torch and a David Duke tattoo.

Anyone who touches this 3rd rail is a goner- that is why you don't hear anyone ranting about black privilege in sports.

R40
    Update your status
    R40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Blacks are clearly better athletes than whites. Perhaps whites are more intelligent than blacks but the differences in performance are clearly also due to racism. Blacks do have a human brain.

Blacks were held in slavery and held in disdain by whites as they still are as this thread shows.

You may think that blacks have had enough chances but have they gotten a fair shot? No. They have never had an equal chance in this country.

Blacks are convicted of crimes at a far higher rate than whites for the same offenses. Get longer sentences, etc, etc. These are facts whites will never face up to.

They are to this day getting their votes taken away from them.

Yes, there is still plenty of white privilege and it wasn't long ago the bench for the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks and Utah Jazz was almost exclusively white. It was not because they were the best athletes they could find.

First 123456 ... Last