jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just A typical guy into himself what's new

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Basically wants to play for a team that sucks
    Spurs, and Minny would be solid. The other two are weird. Maybe he likes Miami, but NY is odd. Unless they could magically keep Melo, and KP. They have no assets to make a trade because management ruined the franchise. I really think Boston would be a good one, but not his style, I guess. Minny is the spot. I'm not a Kyrie fan, but he can play. Throw him on Minnesota, and they make the Playoffs easily, even in the West. Young, stacked lineup with a good coach.

jjgold

He's not making anybody better he's just a ball hog guard and there's plenty of them in the NBA that lose

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

He's a scorer like K.Bryant. When he's scoring efficiently he looks great, when the defense is loading up on him and he's out of whack he looks terrible.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He's not making anybody better he's just a ball hog guard and there's plenty of them in the NBA that lose
    Is there any player that the jj's like? It's like you have this response copied for any player.

Kyrie is a scoring PG. Russ is too. Harden, I guess, if he's considered a PG. That's the NBA. 24 seconds to do something. The PG tends to shoot more these days as they are really combo guards. Warriors, and Spurs run an offense. Not many do these days. Well, they all try to, but it's tough when you have basically 18 seconds to run a set. If it doesn't work out, then iso it is.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Spurs, and Minny would be solid. The other two are weird. Maybe he likes Miami, but NY is odd. Unless they could magically keep Melo, and KP. They have no assets to make a trade because management ruined the franchise. I really think Boston would be a good one, but not his style, I guess. Minny is the spot. I'm not a Kyrie fan, but he can play. Throw him on Minnesota, and they make the Playoffs easily, even in the West. Young, stacked lineup with a good coach.
    issue here is Minny has to give up something tht weakens them. Cavs aren't gonna be retarded and give him up for nothing. Especially those scrubs you mentioned. Miami has the most pieces if Riley wants to rebuild and recruit. Lebron can still win the east with minimal talent. Hell, he can win it with jr, shump, D Rose and Love as it is. Cleveland has been recruiting Rose this week for that reason. Because of Kyrie trade request. If he can get them 18ppg, plus some young guys from MIA, Lebron gets to the finals, but swept there. He's leaving, so won't care much anyway. Goes to the Lakers with another star and pushes to make the finals in 3 years

jjgold

All scoring point guards lose, Golden State won because they have great defense and seven all stars

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    issue here is Minny has to give up something tht weakens them. Cavs aren't gonna be retarded and give him up for nothing. Especially those scrubs you mentioned. Miami has the most pieces if Riley wants to rebuild and recruit. Lebron can still win the east with minimal talent. Hell, he can win it with jr, shump, D Rose and Love as it is. Cleveland has been recruiting Rose this week for that reason. Because of Kyrie trade request. If he can get them 18ppg, plus some young guys from MIA, Lebron gets to the finals, but swept there. He's leaving, so won't care much anyway. Goes to the Lakers with another star and pushes to make the finals in 3 years
    No doubt. If a team wants him they are gonna have to give away a nice package. Minny has to keep Towns, Wiggins, and Butler. Dieng, Rubio are fair game. Teague they signed, but could get rid of him. They have Patton from this draft. Not sure their draft pick situation. Not sure if Cleveland even thinks about it. They would have to at least get Patton, and some picks. Poor Cavs should have never got rid of Wiggins for Love.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Combo playmakers historically successful. Lebron, Scottie, Bird, and Magic.

jjgold

Nobody giving up a nice package for a small guard

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

No doubt. If a team wants him they are gonna have to give away a nice package. Minny has to keep Towns, Wiggins, and Butler. Dieng, Rubio are fair game. Teague they signed, but could get rid of him. They have Patton from this draft. Not sure their draft pick situation. Not sure if Cleveland even thinks about it. They would have to at least get Patton, and some picks. Poor Cavs should have never got rid of Wiggins for Love.
    Tough call. Lebron wanted to win immediately. Wiggins definitely better longterm. Not sure they win last year with Wiggins in his second year. I was thinking, averaging 24ppg last year, Wiggins as a two way player makes him possible better than Kyrie. Kyrie brings nothing on defense and isn't a great playmaker. If he took advantage of his ability to get to the hole and got assists that way, it would improve his value. He would be a great fit in Memphis. I always thought zebo would fit great in cleveland. Phsyicality and inside presence. But he went to Sac. Lebron could have used Zebo and Vince. PG is gonna be an issue in Cleveland, even with Rose considering his health and no adequate back up. Not having a GM is the worst thing In history for a player of Lebron's caliber at his age. They blew it this whole summer. and now this.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Wiggins voted by peers last year as worst defensive players in league at his position..

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Tough call. Lebron wanted to win immediately. Wiggins definitely better longterm. Not sure they win last year with Wiggins in his second year. I was thinking, averaging 24ppg last year, Wiggins as a two way player makes him possible better than Kyrie. Kyrie brings nothing on defense and isn't a great playmaker. If he took advantage of his ability to get to the hole and got assists that way, it would improve his value. He would be a great fit in Memphis. I always thought zebo would fit great in cleveland. Phsyicality and inside presence. But he went to Sac. Lebron could have used Zebo and Vince. PG is gonna be an issue in Cleveland, even with Rose considering his health and no adequate back up. Not having a GM is the worst thing In history for a player of Lebron's caliber at his age. They blew it this whole summer. and now this.
    That's funny. You don't like Irving because he's 1-D. Yet you like Wiggins.....

jjgold

Wiggins way more upside than Irving

Cuse0323

Wiggins way more upside than Irving
    The Cavs could be a monster right now. Hindsight, yeah, but they botched their draft picks. 2011, Kyrie at 1, great. Then they go with TT. Could have had Klay, or Kawhi. 2013 is one of, if not the worst draft classes ever all around. Still, they take Bennett. Anyone else would have been better.

They could potentially have had Kyrie, Klay, Wiggins, LeBron...two out of Giannis, Gobert, Noel. They messed up with Bennett, and Karasev in 2013. The Warriors nailed their picks, and the Cavs blew it. Easy to say now, but Bennett was a terrible pick, at the very least.

jjgold

Cuse barring injury nobody even comes close to GSW

Cuse0323

Cuse barring injury nobody even comes close to GSW
    Preaching to the choir. It's all about building for the future, after GS wins at least the next two.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Lebroom is horny

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

The Cavs could be a monster right now. Hindsight, yeah, but they botched their draft picks. 2011, Kyrie at 1, great. Then they go with TT. Could have had Klay, or Kawhi. 2013 is one of, if not the worst draft classes ever all around. Still, they take Bennett. Anyone else would have been better.

They could potentially have had Kyrie, Klay, Wiggins, LeBron...two out of Giannis, Gobert, Noel. They messed up with Bennett, and Karasev in 2013. The Warriors nailed their picks, and the Cavs blew it. Easy to say now, but Bennett was a terrible pick, at the very least.
    This is the dumbest sh#t ever. TT was drafted 4th overall, Klay wasn't even remotely in the discussion for the 4th overall pick. He eventually went 11th overall & Kawhi 15th & both were drafted higher than expected at the time.
    To say the Cavs blew a draft because players drafted 10+ picks later ended UP better than TT is ridiculous. Every team could say the same thing. If anything the Cavs nailed the TT pick. I remember Jan Vesely & even talk of Jimmer Fredette being the others in discussion along w/ TT when this pick was made.
    Obv the Bennett pick was garbage but Giannis went 15th & Gobert went 27th lol. It's easy to say they should have taken so n so who went 26 picks later after u see them play for 5 yrs. There wasn't a clear #1 that yr. Noel was coming off two torn ACL's & hadn't played in yr & half. Cody Zeller was the other name being mentioned as the fav to go #1 overall.

If every team had a crystal ball they would all draft perfect.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Irving didn’t name the Sixers as a preferred landing spot, but Moke Hamilton of Basketball Insiders argues that a trade to Philadelphia makes the most sense. Hamilton believes the Cavs must operate as though LeBron James will leave once he’s able to in the summer of 2018, meaning they should not trade for veteran players. Instead, the team should look to rebuild and target young players and assets.

The scribe contends that Irving could come to Philly and become the team’s No. 1 option, something that’s important to the 25-year-old. Hamilton believes a package of Markelle Fultz, Jahlil Okafor, and a couple future first-rounders would be a good haul for Cleveland.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lol I wouldnt give up Fultz alone for Kyrie let along Okafor and future first rounders.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Knicks have come up as a possible landing spot for disgruntled Cavs guard Kyrie Irving but Fred Kerber of the New York Post wonders if the asking price for the All-Star may be a little too high.

The Knicks were one of four teams on Irving’s short list of preferred destinations but league sources say that New York is reluctant to part with young building blocks Kristaps Porzingis and Willy Hernangomez.

Whether the franchise would actually let the inclusion of Hernangomez be a deal breaker or not, remains to be seen. Per one unnamed league executive, the Knicks would be wise to ultimately deal the Spanish big man if necessary but lumping Porzingis in with an outgoing package is another story.

IBetYou

WH & Porzgog are the Knicks' starting frontline of the future. They'd be stupid to mess with that. People under-estimated the other Spaniard Marc too -popovich slammed the griz for the gasol/ gasol trade at the time...

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    This is the dumbest sh#t ever. TT was drafted 4th overall, Klay wasn't even remotely in the discussion for the 4th overall pick. He eventually went 11th overall & Kawhi 15th & both were drafted higher than expected at the time.
    To say the Cavs blew a draft because players drafted 10+ picks later ended UP better than TT is ridiculous. Every team could say the same thing. If anything the Cavs nailed the TT pick. I remember Jan Vesely & even talk of Jimmer Fredette being the others in discussion along w/ TT when this pick was made.
    Obv the Bennett pick was garbage but Giannis went 15th & Gobert went 27th lol. It's easy to say they should have taken so n so who went 26 picks later after u see them play for 5 yrs. There wasn't a clear #1 that yr. Noel was coming off two torn ACL's & hadn't played in yr & half. Cody Zeller was the other name being mentioned as the fav to go #1 overall.

If every team had a crystal ball they would all draft perfect.
    No shit. Point remains. The Cavs botched basically every pick, and GS nailed theirs. So, people who say GS is some super team because they added KD are idiots. They are the best because of the draft.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

In a recent interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio, Suns rookie Josh Jackson said he is confident he won’t be part of a potential deal with the Cavaliers for Kyrie Irving. LeBron James is reportedly interested in bringing Jackson to Cleveland and is using his connection with new Phoenix executive James Jones to try to make it happen. The Suns have assured Jackson, the fourth pick in this year’s draft, that he won’t be traded, according to reports last month.

“I think if that was going to happen, it would’ve happened by now,” Jackson said in the interview. “A little talking to my agent, not really checking social media because that’s not the way to go. People just say whatever. I handled it the same way I tried to handle draft night. Coming in, I didn’t know what was going to happen, I still don’t know what is going to happen. I’m going to make the most of whatever situation I’m presented with. If I’m traded to China, whatever, I’m gonna come out, I’m gonna be happy, just try to make the best of it. I was kind of in the dark a little bit. But I got a feeling that the trade wasn’t going to happen.”

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11005

My buddy is so sure that kyrie will be on a different team opening night that he wanted to bet a steak dinner up to $200. So I took it. If kyrie is still a cav opening night, I win.

jjgold

They are not giving up Josh Jackson for Irving nobody would

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

With uncertainty around LeBron James‘ future in Cleveland — and good luck finding anyone around the league who thinks he is staying; LeBron’s options are open, but the sense is he has one foot out the door — the Cavaliers are prioritizing getting a young star to rebuild around back in any Kyrie Irving trade.

At the top of the Cavaliers’ wish list: Kristaps Porzingis.

Except the Knicks have no interest in this trade, reports Steven Marcus and Mike Rose of Newsday.

"The Knicks don’t appear interested in trading Kristaps Porzingis, including a possible deal for Cavaliers All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving, according to a league source…

“[Knicks president] Steve Mills and [Knicks general manager] Scott Perry on the record were very clear that Kristaps was part of the future,’’ the source said in reference to comments made last month by both executives. “In all the discussions since then — there were other rumors before that Cleveland would want Kristaps — and it didn’t seem that [the Knicks] were interested at all in a conversation.’’

Nor should the Knicks give him up — even if they could dump the anchor Joakim Noah contract in the process.

jjgold

lol

Nobody wants Irving

homie1975

coming up on a month since Kyrie's trade request, and nothing....

homie1975

Traded to celtics lmfao

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13281

damn and he got put on the east on a contending team

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Good trade for both sides.