KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Winnipeg has only played three games so the sharpest forecast I can make gives British Columbia the win with 30 points to Winnipeg’s 28 points...

...If all else fails, just follow the forecast. If Winnipeg goes up early and then loses the game, but covers the spread, you’ll know what happened…lol.

It’s not what they bring; it’s how they bring it...

Against the line, the forecast was calling for the favorite to win but the underdog to cover in an Over.

Winnipeg led 42-17 in the fourth and with less than a minute to go BC completed the comeback and kicked the winning field goal.

The favorite won, the underdog covered, and the game went Over.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

It goes back to what I was posting about with basketball.

"It should be such and such team, but..."

...It sure looks like its Winnipeg’s time and it’s being handed to us on a silver platter. I’m not sold here. I speculate that it’s the last ditch effort for the market to absorb upset moneyline bets before paying a 10 point underdog tomorrow with Saskatchewan and Calgary...

Serious, market moving, and yes Chucky, sharp money was ready to cut into that dinner on a silver platter tonight, but then the moneyline was snatched from their jaws.

...I have strong indications and had them since before the line came out that this game would be the underdog covering the spread. These metrics will be followed by strong market moving money...

Like I said, if I indicate smart money is going a direction, it’s wise to pay attention. That smart money on the Winnipeg spread did get paid, but the upset was a bit too greedy.

Last edited by KVB; 07-22-17 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo that was bugging me...lol

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24843

Kv, just posting my opinion. I've seen a lot of CFL line-moves that don't make sense.

In this game, the key info was BC qb Jennings sitting out. Lulay is surely one of the top 1 or 2 backup QBs in league, so displacement wasn't too much. If the betting mkt was in love w/ Winnipeg, feel like the line would have dipped more toward 3.

ChuckyTheGoat

Winnipeg an ok team, have had couple close losses. If they fare ok vs Eastern teams, think they get to 8-10 and steal Eastern 3-seed.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Kv, just posting my opinion. I've seen a lot of CFL line-moves that don't make sense.

In this game, the key info was BC qb Jennings sitting out. Lulay is surely one of the top 1 or 2 backup QBs in league, so displacement wasn't too much. If the betting mkt was in love w/ Winnipeg, feel like the line would have dipped more toward 3.

It's all good Chucky, I was just letting you know I was reading your posts, and seeing if you were reading mine...

Seriously though, hopefully my posts help make sense of some of those movements. One of the main goals is to gain an understanding of why the market opens where it does and moves to where it closes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    ...Re: CFL opening lines + line-movements...

...Lines move, but not necessarily on sharp action.
    I’ve been using a lot more words to say the same thing you did...

For tonight’s game remember that the line moved from as high as -8.5 all the way down to -4. That’s about as big a move as it’s going to get.

A move to 3 late may have triggered steam action that the books clearly would have wanted to mitigate.

ChuckyTheGoat

I saw the 8.5. Thought that was a phantom line. I now see that 8.5 was real. So, yeah, I guess the mkt did react to that Jennings info. My bad, on that one.

ChuckyTheGoat

FWIW, I wish I would have seen the early +8.5.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Saskatchewan has only played three games so far so the sharpest forecast I can make has Saskatchewan winning with 40 or more points to Calgary’s 24 points.

The stacking forecast shows Calgary winning with 33 or 34 points to Saskatch’s 20 points. The public gauge and some unsophisticated numbers give Calgary 33 points as well but tend to give Saskatchewan a few more points. If you’re looking for a total on the public gauge it’s about 55 points.

We’ve got a major split in the numbers here and the sharp forecast has been successful 5 times in a row against the moneyline, and has lost one against the spread that traded as a push until game time close. The Totals for the forecast have alternating wins and losses.

The spread has moved toward the forecast, despite the stacking and public numbers. There is a good portion of public betting, that sees an underdog league with a huge spread and is buying as well. The Total opened between the numbers and has moved away from the sharp forecast.

I’m not going quote my above posts extensively because I’ve already placed a bet. I mentioned before the first game that I had an idea of how the money would flow. After seeing how they’ve brought the action I’ve predicted, I’ve gone in line with that thinking and have picked up Saskatchewan Roughriders +10 (-105) and +350 over Calgary Stampeders.

For trading purposes similar to last time, I have also picked up Saskatchewan +10 (-110) over Calgary. I’ll explain the multiple entry points in a later post about tracking.

This line is moving and getting costly so I can’t write much more, hopefully if a bettor is following, he or she would have already picked up this play as it was mentioned yesterday.

This upset is fine at +330, +340, etc, as I see it is dropping. If I was entering multiple moneylines, I would buy at +330.

I would consider +10 (-120) but it’s almost better to take +9.5 at reduced vig. I rarely pay -120 for a spread.

Good Luck.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

The total in tonight's game has seen the most movement.
    Opened at 58.5.
    I loved the under until I saw this.
    I feel like I missed the line we needed.

Nice to see our 1st BOLD picks in the thread
    Last edited by Jayvegas420; 07-22-17 at 04:10 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I hope this bold play hits. For tracking, I'll probably pull the bold plays from the early season thread as well there was a good day and then a loss there. Hopefully that loss on Hamilton from week 4 comes back to us tonight.

Actually, I think that Hamilton loss may be a bold play early in this thread. They'll get tracked either way.

One problem with tonight is that when trying to hide an upset, sometimes it's not best to have it be the game where the sharp forecast shows such a big discrepancy. I suppose if the forecast has hit 5 in a row (increasing some of that streak breaking pressure) and the last time it lost against the moneyline was a Calgary game, we may have chance.

Let's see if we can get some give and take on that level...specifically in regards to Calgary and the forecast performance.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

You're right. Hamilton over BC.
    I am gonna parlay this game with a UFC fight I have had my eye on.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    The total in tonight's game has seen the most movement.
    Opened at 58.5.
    I loved the under until I saw this.
    I feel like I missed the line we needed...
    That Under was a tough one but I think you are right on about missing the line.

I don't fully trust the forecast (OVER) as far as Totals at this point, but I can see where there is pressure on the Under, both in the numbers and by some slightly emboldened streak breakers. I wouldn't be surprised if it went Over or landed somewhere in the middle.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You're right. Hamilton over BC.
    I am gonna parlay this game with a UFC fight I have had my eye on.
    It's Saskatch over Calgary but I made the same mistakes all week. I kept typing Hamilton/BC for the Hamilton/Edmonton game, and the same for the Winnipeg/BC game.

We need more teams, it's driving me nuts...

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

sure bro

solid thread

who wouldn't want to take advice from a guy living off of $7 per day

sign me up for the super system

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    sure bro

solid thread

who wouldn't want to take advice from a guy living off of $7 per day

sign me up for the super system
    It's war Rudy and the bullets are flying. There may have been a gameplan, but there is no super system. There's a sharp forecast, a lot information and how you use them both.

If you do any handicapping, use the analysis alongside your work to hopefully pick up few more winners or take you off of some losers.

We're calling scores and predicting how games are played in here using the evidence given, it may be too much for you.

RudyRuetigger

It's war Rudy and the bullets are flying. There may have been a gameplan, but there is no super system. There's a sharp forecast, a lot information and how you use them both.

If you do any handicapping, use the analysis alongside your work to hopefully pick up few more winners or take you off of some losers.

We're calling scores and predicting how games are played in here using the evidence given, it may be too much for you.

yea, you guys are clearly doing solid work in here bro

please teach me the yards per game again...i had no idea that the worse defense you played the more yards you would expect to gain

do you come up with this on your own??

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...please teach me the yards per game again...i had no idea that the worse defense you played the more yards you would expect to gain

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never wrote anything of the sort, ever, in any post or thread in all of posting.

Looks like Rudy made the list as another poster who doesn't read before posting.

Good Luck kiddo but no need to post bullshit, no need to compromise your integrity like that.

RudyRuetigger

I have no idea what you're talking about. I never wrote anything of the sort, ever, in any post or thread in all of posting.

Looks like Rudy made the list as another poster who doesn't read before posting.

Good Luck kiddo but no need to post bullshit, no need to compromise your integrity like that.

what do you want to bet that you have

RudyRuetigger

this is what i love

throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks

what do you want to fukkin bet

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 338

On the stampeders ML tonight

RudyRuetigger

don't fukkin run

you can apologize or we can move forward

your move

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Rudy

pull the trigger and get it over with already

this has to be an act , nobody is this miserable

This is either an act or you are posting from a prison library

nobody is this angry in their personal life and makes it this long

without killing someone else and going to prison or offing themself by now

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

You don't read before posting Rudy. I won't waste anymore time with you.

You are wrong about what I've posted and the proof is that you won't be able to find anything like that. I've only posted about the use of means and medians and may have used yards and points as an example, but you probably didn't read all of that either.

As usual at SBR, you are wrong. I've noticed you like to use drinking as an excuse to be confused and wrong.

Take your attention seeking drama elsewhere, it interrupts the educational experience.

That's the last thing I'll say about it.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Rudy

very weird you act like death is some huge grieving thing 1 day and the next you tell someone to kill himself

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Rudy

RudyRuetigger

You are wrong about what I've posted and the proof is that you won't be able to find anything like that. I've only posted about the use of means and medians and may have used yards and points as an example, but you probably didn't read all of that either.

As usual at SBR, you are wrong. I've noticed you like to use drinking as an excuse to be confused and wrong.

Take your attention seeking drama elsewhere, it interrupts the educational experience.

I win again

too easy with you sbr losers

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

RudyRuetigger

yea, you guys are clearly doing solid work in here bro

please teach me the yards per game again...i had no idea that the worse defense you played the more yards you would expect to gain

laughing face is a good come back when you know you are wrong

you and I both know I forgot more than all you have learned

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Rudy's just busting balls, it's what we do here.
    I'm heading to a free concert tonight and will not be watching games but I'll fukkin bet ya Ruder!
    You pick it.....150 points.
    I'd go all in with ya for $7 but I don't wanna go broke or break any rules.
    What do you like in the CFL Rudy?

You wanna go against KVB & take Calgary -10????

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

very weird you act like death is some huge grieving thing 1 day and the next you tell someone to kill himself
    You view everything in this manner
    no matter what someone says or does you could see the worst in it
    you gotta be single , no way a woman would be around this person everyday
    unless she's confined to a dark room with chains
    Everything in life is a disastrous conspiracy to you and nothing is fun
    or you don't have any originality so all you can do is spread diatribe
    in hopes to get a bad reaction out of somebody or ruin their spirits
    if even for a second , it's like a needle in your arm
    Damn bro it's impossible not to respond to you anymore
    you can't go 5 minutes or multiple posts without reverting back to hating
    your own guts and someone elses

and death is "some huge grieving thing" but some people
    gotta go before they explode and hurt somebody innocent
    message board is a message board but the internal profile I'm seeing in you
    is that of someone capable of letting their inner turmoil cross over into
    the path of some innocent victim one day

You need a exorcism, like yesterday

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

To clear up for thread, the lesson was about means and medians not about levels of defense and offense.

That lesson was basic math and Rudy was confused about it then, that's why he remembers it.

I've never posted anything about a poor defense leading to anything for that team.

I laugh because Rudy buries himself, but I don't think being drunk is a valid excuse.

RudyRuetigger

You view everything in this manner
    no matter what someone says or does you could see the worst in it
    you gotta be single , no way a woman would be around this person everyday
    unless she's confined to a dark room with chains
    Everything in life is a disastrous conspiracy to you and nothing is fun
    or you don't have any originality so all you can do is spread diatribe
    in hopes to get a bad reaction out of somebody or ruin their spirits
    if even for a second , it's like a needle in your arm
    Damn bro it's impossible not to respond to you anymore
    you can't go 5 minutes or multiple posts without reverting back to hating
    your own guts and someone elses

and death is "some huge grieving thing" but some people
    gotta go before they explode and hurt somebody innocent
    message board is a message board but the internal profile I'm seeing in you
    is that of someone capable of letting their inner turmoil cross over into
    the path of some innocent victim one day

You need a exorcism, like yesterday
    you a poet bro?

RudyRuetigger

To clear up for thread, the lesson was about means and medians not about levels of defense and offense.

That lesson was basic math and Rudy was confused about it then, that's why he remembers it.

I've never posted anything about a poor defense leading to anything for that team.

I laugh because Rudy buries himself, but I don't think being drunk is a valid excuse.

means and medians...in what roadways, not in offense and defense??

you know what this forum is about?

RudyRuetigger

Rudy's just busting balls, it's what we do here.
    I'm heading to a free concert tonight and will not be watching games but I'll fukkin bet ya Ruder!
    You pick it.....150 points.
    I'd go all in with ya for $7 but I don't wanna go broke or break any rules.
    What do you like in the CFL Rudy?

You wanna go against KVB & take Calgary -10????
    very weird post, I was expecting something worse from you

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

C'mon rudy, we're running outta time!
    Tatdy called my bluff last night and took 150 points from me. I need those points back.
    Put down the bottle for 3 mins and let's make a bet!

First 12345 ... Last