chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

well i have been waiting for ctix to come in. I only will invest 500 in a stock that is inventive. I lost my ass on some oil stocks so trying to limit my losses. my pps is 1.45 but if someone wants to dd on it have at it.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    How so you fund it? Walk in their office with cash?
    Yes, large transactions are possible for bitcoin in cash. Presumably you wouldn't want to withdraw the whole $20k at once, but assembling it over a month's worth of ATM withdrawals shouldn't be a problem. For something ultra dicey (like maybe you're talking about), you'd want something designed with 100% anonymity in mind: Monero (XMR, which I own) or DASH or ZCASH (which I wish I owned, they just having signed w/ JP Morgan yesterday).

It's also still possible to be anonymous online, if people only bothered to take the time to do the work. When I'm online I'm always, always, always connected through a VPN w/ a kill switch. When I'm online doing anything dicey -- I was staff at the old KAT torrents site, the best torrents site there ever was or ever will be -- I'm linked through two VPN's, both set w/ kills, and accessing the internet only through Tor.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    well i have been waiting for ctix to come in. I only will invest 500 in a stock that is inventive. I lost my ass on some oil stocks so trying to limit my losses. my pps is 1.45 but if someone wants to dd on it have at it.
    You should say screw it to those penny stocks and join the 2nd American Gold Rush, happening right now in alt-coins.

Doubt me? Fair enough, I would, too. Let's try a random test. On the following link, click "BTC" under the 'Markets' tab, pick any set of random alt coins from the list of 70 and check their charts for the last 1/2/3 months.

Bear in mind that these charts are being measured vs BTC, not dollars, so any alt coin that breaks even with BTC for the last 2 months is actually up 100% vs the dollar. Most of them outperform BTC, meaning they're up hundreds, with an 's', percent. https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_btc

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    You should say screw it to those penny stocks and join the 2nd American Gold Rush, happening right now in alt-coins.

Doubt me? Fair enough, I would, too. Let's try a random test. On the following link, click "BTC" under the 'Markets' tab, pick any set of random alt coins from the list of 70 and check their charts for the last 1/2/3 months.

Bear in mind that these charts are being measured vs BTC, not dollars, so any alt coin that breaks even with BTC for the last 2 months is actually up 100% vs the dollar. Most of them outperform BTC, meaning they're up hundreds, with an 's', percent. https://poloniex.com/exchange#usdt_btc
    i'm at coin base and only one can buy is eth lb and btcoin.

MeanPeopleSuck

i'm at coin base and only one can buy is eth lb and btcoin.
    I'm surprised Coinbase has such a weak menu, given how long they've been around. If you're interested, it's super easy to register at Poloniex (you can probably get that done in 20 minutes), then you can just send them your coin, in whatever form you're currently holding.

4 days ago I opened a new portfolio titled "The World's Dumbest Investment Portfolio." Here are its rules: I bought .1 btc of the 7 cheapest coins listed at Polo. I did NO due diligence, I did NO research, I did NOTHING.

Instead of ranking the cheapest coins based on their market cap, which would make sense, I instead ranked them on their completely irrelevant 'per coin' price, because I know how good it feels to get thousands of coins for just a few hundred bucks. I realize it's irrational to feel better about getting thousands of cheap coins for the same amount of dollars as getting fewer, more expensive coins, but that's how I -- and I think most people -- tend to feel.

Guess what? It's up 40% in 4 days and I still don't have the faintest idea about any of these coins. I might not bother learning their names; I haven't decided yet. THAT'S how insane the alt coin world's become.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MeanPeopleSuck 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Yes wide spread insanity on these alt coins going through the roof. There are going to be a lot of severely beat up bag holders at some point.

Nice day for LTC with a low of $22 and a high over $31. Out of the major coins LTC would seem to have the most potential to double from here.

RoyBacon

The forgotten coins finally on the march. LTC $32.43

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The forgotten coins finally on the march. LTC $32.43
    BTC is at $2400, Ethereum is up to $198. Damn why didn't I sell the farm last month?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

It's also still possible to be anonymous online, if people only bothered to take the time to do the work. When I'm online I'm always, always, always connected through a VPN w/ a kill switch. When I'm online doing anything dicey -- I was staff at the old KAT torrents site, the best torrents site there ever was or ever will be -- I'm linked through two VPN's, both set w/ kills, and accessing the internet only through Tor.
    This is all great BUT there is a very, very low chance you could be traced back to your connection. It's not worth the trouble for the majority of hackers but it can be done. Do you know how you take this to another level? You leach off of numerous open networks. You can make a wifi dish that can find networks many miles away. Now you can't be traced physically. Want to take it to the extreme level? Add 2 dish's or how about 8 dish's on 8 different connections all transcribing individual bits... You are totally untraceable.

https://mods-n-hacks.gadgethacks.com...ternet-291730/

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

What is the best exchange to use to buy LTC or ETH?

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Opti got me on coin base. It is also easier to fund your gambling account through this.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Should we buy Ethereum? or wat will it hit bitcoin levels?

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

CNN is pushing it maybe buy ad hold for a week or so

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

ctix scum leadership

all talk and pump

in at $.60ish out around $2.50 years ago

remember years ago they were trying to up-list

still nothing lol
    Last edited by kidcudi92; 05-24-17 at 04:40 PM.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    ctix scum leadership

all talk and pump

in at $.60ish out around $2.50 years ago

remember years ago they were trying to up-list

still nothing lol
    yes i keep hoping to get close to what i have in them and then sell. up to over dollar now but those things they were hyping then are in phase 3 clinicals. Some is phase 2.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

yes i keep hoping to get close to what i have in them and then sell. up to over dollar now but those things they were hyping then are in phase 3 clinicals. Some is phase 2.
    yeah I still get their "newsletters/updates" but it's really nothing but fluff

i had lots of hope for them in 2012 or so

not that they are done, just don't like what I've seen

RoyBacon

I sold a bunch of LTC at $34+. Still holding some and even nibbling here at $32. Yes it's gone from $11 to $32 in 3 weeks but man there are a lot of sellers. I'm starting to think the entire coin market is bubbling. Would not at all be surprised to see a quick 35% drop across the board. On the other hand can't afford to be sitting without a position either.

RoyBacon

This is one for the ages; BTC Daily Change: +$588.64

fckk me running

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

put vdrm on your watch list. then when it hits say I should of listen to chico. I had owcp went from 88 cents to 2.64
    Do you like owcp today at 64 cents?

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Do you like owcp today at 64 cents?
    nope but i did like selling at 2.64 after buying it initially at 88 cents. I bought vdrm at .008 and can sell right now and make 2500 but I'm hoping to make a lot more. I hope it gets to 30 cents. It is like betting against the cavs in regular season and then finding out the big 3 aren't playing

chico2663

Account Number of Shares 80000
    Created 4/20/2016 11:28:17 AM ET Order Type Limit
    Action Buy Limit Price $0.0085
    Symbol VDRM Order Expiration Expire at end of day
    VIADERMA INC COM

chico2663

so my cost right now is at a penny so i have doubled my money but i 'm greedy. it went to 6 and i could of sold. i have already sold some so it is pure profit at this time and down to 21,000 shares
    Last edited by chico2663; 05-25-17 at 02:15 AM.

MeanPeopleSuck

LiteCoin and Ethereum are two of the largest, most common alt-coins and can therefore be purchased on almost any exchange.

Depending on what you're looking for, I might humbly recommend opening your first crypto account at any of the following 3 exchanges. These are all well established, safe, trusted platforms that are well capitalized and have been around a long time (by crypto standards, anyway):

1. Bitfinex.com.

Advantages: 1. It's the largest, best capitalized Bitcoin exchange in the world. 2. Accounts are super fast and easy to set up. 3. It's incorporated offshore, in the BVI, out of the jurisdiction of American courts and, especially, the IRS. 4. Margin buying and short selling are allowed on a 2.5 times initial margin basis. 5. Peer to Peer lending markets are available, so you can (and should -- not enough people do this) make passive, interest income on your coin and/or dollar holdings.

Disadvantages: 1. Last year, its cyber security was breached and it got hacked for $60 million, although it did get its account holders paid back within a few months. Since then they've spent millions on security upgrades, so I don't worry much about this aspect, but others might (eventually, you'll want to spread your holdings out across multiple exchanges, to hedge the hacking risk). 2. While including Litecoin and Ethereum, its menu of other alt-coins is pretty thin, a total of only 7 coins.

2. Bitstamp.net

Advantages: 1. Bitstamp's fully regulated by the EU, which requires it to maintain the highest capital (and cold wallet) reserves of any exchange in the world. 2. It's incorporated in Luxembourg and run out of Slovenia, so it's well outside US court and IRS jurisdiction. 3. Markets for trading in conventional currencies, like dollars to euros, etc., are available here, if you're into that boring kind of thing. 4. For a person's first account, Bitstamp's a strong option. Your money's safe and the inability to margin buy or short sell means account holders can't lose a bunch of cash before they've gotten fully up to speed on how to trade and, more importantly, how to trade crypto.

Disadvantages: 1. Litecoin and Ethereum trading don't go live at Bitstamp for another 3 weeks, in case the wait time's a problem. 2. Bitstamp currently only trades Bitcoin and Ripple (XRP), so even after it adds LTC and ETH, its coin menu will still be only 4 options deep. 3. There's no short selling or margin buying allowed. 4. Since there's no short selling or margin buying, there's no need for peer to peer lending markets, and therefore no opportunity to make any passive, interest income on your holdings.

3. Poloniex.com

Advantages: 1. Polo has by far the largest menu of alt coin markets in the world. Besides Litecoin and Ethereum, you can buy and sell 65+ other coins. 2. Accounts can be set up in minutes and anonymous trading is possible (if I remember right, you get a $2k daily limit for verifying an email account, which is upped to $7k a day if you give them a name -- any name). 3. Margin buying and short selling are available at 2.0 times original margin, but only for some coins, about 8 of them, but including all of the largest. 4. Peer to Peer lending markets are available for some coins, but not for dollars, a market Polo retains for itself, mirroring the policies of mainstream brokers like Etrade.

Disadvantages: 1. While Polo's never been hacked, its technology "feels" less sophisticated than Bitfinex's and Bitstamp's. 2. Its offices are located in San Francisco, within the jurisdictional reach of American courts and the IRS. 3. While it does have a live chat box (called the "Trollbox"), Polo tends to be slower to process deposits, withdrawals and inquiry tickets than its rivals (but only by crypto standards, meaning a few extra hours).

2 Popular Sites I'd Avoid: CoinBase, an overrated US based exchange, which is currently being sued by the IRS to turn over client records, and BitMex, an options exchange that makes stupidly large margin positions immediately available (some up to 100 times initial margin) using a derivatives / futures contracts format. IMHO, it's a pickem which happens first: you actually understand how the site works (I don't trade there) vs you going broke. Not recommended.

Good Luck and Happy Trading!!!

MeanPeopleSuck

I sold a bunch of LTC at $34+. Still holding some and even nibbling here at $32. Yes it's gone from $11 to $32 in 3 weeks but man there are a lot of sellers. I'm starting to think the entire coin market is bubbling. Would not at all be surprised to see a quick 35% drop across the board. On the other hand can't afford to be sitting without a position either.
    I think everyone agrees we're in a bubble, but that's been true for a year, so where does it peak? Anybody who's been in crypto for any length of time has decided many times -- and been wrong many times -- that "BTC can't go higher than X."

I specifically remember one handsome, enterprising, bright young trader who argued for a month on Reddit that the resistance level surrounding $1000 would be a long and difficult ceiling to break. Then bitcoin carved through it like a hot knife through butter.

So was that bright, well regarded, probably well endowed young trader short BTC at the time? Yes, he certainly was, and that cost him some cash, but at least he's bright enough to realize you can't dictate to the market where it should go and so instead he lets the market dictate to him. Thank the gods for modern technology, where switching sides is as easy as a few mouse clicks.

RoyBacon

MeanPeople, Bitfinex is probably going to make it but they are on their knees. No withdraws in USD. Bitstamp is very solid imo. A little expensive and they need ALLLL kinds of documentation. I know of one person who was denied an account. Also, it is typical in those license agreements that they share info with requesting governments. But once you are IN they are very good.

Coinbase itself is for little old ladies. But Coinbase has an exchange that is excellent. GDAX.com is great for US guys. After you literally beg to have your limits raised you can ACH to your bank account as many times a day as you want. With Bistamp your wire is going to take a week coming from Slovenia and it's going to cost $50 or .1% whichever is higher. I was booted from BA after a couple of those Slovenian wires which was a Godsend because BA is crap.

BTW, Polo has the same issue as Bitfinex. Can't get USD's right now.

From a purely safety standpoint I'd go with GDAX for US guys and non-US guys I'd go Bitstamp.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

MICT is right back up BOYS !

1.21+0.16 (+15.25%)

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

LiteCoin and Ethereum are two of the largest, most common alt-coins and can therefore be purchased on almost any exchange.

Depending on what you're looking for, I might humbly recommend opening your first crypto account at any of the following 3 exchanges. These are all well established, safe, trusted platforms that are well capitalized and have been around a long time (by crypto standards, anyway):

1. Bitfinex.com.

Advantages: 1. It's the largest, best capitalized Bitcoin exchange in the world. 2. Accounts are super fast and easy to set up. 3. It's incorporated offshore, in the BVI, out of the jurisdiction of American courts and, especially, the IRS. 4. Margin buying and short selling are allowed on a 2.5 times initial margin basis. 5. Peer to Peer lending markets are available, so you can (and should -- not enough people do this) make passive, interest income on your coin and/or dollar holdings.

Disadvantages: 1. Last year, its cyber security was breached and it got hacked for $60 million, although it did get its account holders paid back within a few months. Since then they've spent millions on security upgrades, so I don't worry much about this aspect, but others might (eventually, you'll want to spread your holdings out across multiple exchanges, to hedge the hacking risk). 2. While including Litecoin and Ethereum, its menu of other alt-coins is pretty thin, a total of only 7 coins.

2. Bitstamp.net

Advantages: 1. Bitstamp's fully regulated by the EU, which requires it to maintain the highest capital (and cold wallet) reserves of any exchange in the world. 2. It's incorporated in Luxembourg and run out of Slovenia, so it's well outside US court and IRS jurisdiction. 3. Markets for trading in conventional currencies, like dollars to euros, etc., are available here, if you're into that boring kind of thing. 4. For a person's first account, Bitstamp's a strong option. Your money's safe and the inability to margin buy or short sell means account holders can't lose a bunch of cash before they've gotten fully up to speed on how to trade and, more importantly, how to trade crypto.

Disadvantages: 1. Litecoin and Ethereum trading don't go live at Bitstamp for another 3 weeks, in case the wait time's a problem. 2. Bitstamp currently only trades Bitcoin and Ripple (XRP), so even after it adds LTC and ETH, its coin menu will still be only 4 options deep. 3. There's no short selling or margin buying allowed. 4. Since there's no short selling or margin buying, there's no need for peer to peer lending markets, and therefore no opportunity to make any passive, interest income on your holdings.

3. Poloniex.com

Advantages: 1. Polo has by far the largest menu of alt coin markets in the world. Besides Litecoin and Ethereum, you can buy and sell 65+ other coins. 2. Accounts can be set up in minutes and anonymous trading is possible (if I remember right, you get a $2k daily limit for verifying an email account, which is upped to $7k a day if you give them a name -- any name). 3. Margin buying and short selling are available at 2.0 times original margin, but only for some coins, about 8 of them, but including all of the largest. 4. Peer to Peer lending markets are available for some coins, but not for dollars, a market Polo retains for itself, mirroring the policies of mainstream brokers like Etrade.

Disadvantages: 1. While Polo's never been hacked, its technology "feels" less sophisticated than Bitfinex's and Bitstamp's. 2. Its offices are located in San Francisco, within the jurisdictional reach of American courts and the IRS. 3. While it does have a live chat box (called the "Trollbox"), Polo tends to be slower to process deposits, withdrawals and inquiry tickets than its rivals (but only by crypto standards, meaning a few extra hours).

2 Popular Sites I'd Avoid: CoinBase, an overrated US based exchange, which is currently being sued by the IRS to turn over client records, and BitMex, an options exchange that makes stupidly large margin positions immediately available (some up to 100 times initial margin) using a derivatives / futures contracts format. IMHO, it's a pickem which happens first: you actually understand how the site works (I don't trade there) vs you going broke. Not recommended.

Good Luck and Happy Trading!!!
    Appreciate the info MPS, Thanks!

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

With the huge interest in alt coins and cryptocurrency, does anyone like gahc stock? Especially with the recent big run by btcs stock price?
    Last edited by BarkingToad; 05-26-17 at 06:05 AM.

MeanPeopleSuck

But Coinbase has an exchange that is excellent. GDAX.com is great for US guys.
    GDAX is a rebranded name for Coinbase's marketplace, with shared ownership by the CB group (a sort of CB2, if you like).

That means it's also the target of the IRS's current litigation against Coinbase, a big enough red flag for many privacy minded crypto traders to avoid it.

MeanPeopleSuck

Appreciate the info MPS, Thanks!
    No prob. It's a team effort!

chico2663

No prob. It's a team effort!
    I bought litecoin for 32 and it has been lagging in the 20's. Do you have any thoughts

RoyBacon

All of the major coins have been whacked after tripling the first half of the year. I don't think anything fundamental changed just a profit taking bubble burst. LTC is actually up from a brief low of $18 to it's current level of $24. I think one should expect some softness while it heals from such a blistering selloff. I would give it a week to stabilize. LTC is not a sure thing but it has excellent risk to profit ratio. Put it in at $48 and it will sell before Labor Day.

chico2663

What do you think it will go to ?

MeanPeopleSuck

I bought litecoin for 32 and it has been lagging in the 20's. Do you have any thoughts
    I wouldn't sell any crypto during a crash, unless you have to. I haven't done full due diligence on LTC, so I'm no expert on the coin, but I'd recommend two resources for any coin:

1. Its reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/

2. And its Slack Chat (usually at least one member of the development team will be a member; plus you sometimes get inside info ahead of time on announcements, etc.): http://someguyslackinvite.herokuapp.com/

3. You'll also want to follow Charlie Lee on Twitter; he's the co-creator of Litecoin: https://twitter.com/satoshilite/stat...455872?lang=en

Predicting crypto price moves is 100% dangerous, but if it were me, I'd hold my position. LTC (and ETH) go live on Bitstamp next month; that should give it a boost.

Crypto crashes suck, but if you can persevere through them, it makes the highs much more delicious.

RoyBacon

I'd say $48 is realistic by labor day for LTC.

Do this chico, put in a sell order for half your position at $48 GTC. If it's under $25 at the end of the year sell it for a tax loss and forget it. Keep the rest until labor day 2018 and sell it. The thinking is full value will be realized sometime between last week and a year and a half.

First ... 2345678 ... Last