Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

David Shaw is a dumb ass!

Shaw is a stupid mofo. Stanford went up 12 with 2 minutes to go in the game and this dumb ass kicks the PAT instead of going for 2. This fukkin idiot took out his starting QB who was 10 for 10 to start the 2nd half. Then called predictable play after play. This fukker looked like he was trying to keep the game close. How does the coach of Stanford be this fukking dumb?

Black Lives Matter as long as it isn't this dummy...

and yes, I had Stanford -14

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He had -12.5 and +15

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

i had 13 phew

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Tough break Mac.
    -12.5's -13's were everywhere....Closed at -11.5
    Early lines are not always sharp lines.
    K St got plenty of late action.

-14 is a tough number...
    But I smell what you stepped in.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He had -12.5 and +15
    acoochy would be proud

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Tough break Mac.
    -12.5's -13's were everywhere....Closed at -11.5
    Early lines are not always sharp lines.
    K St got plenty of late action.

-14 is a tough number...
    But I smell what you stepped in.
    I knew i was fukked when the line dropped to 11.5. I didnt think Shaw's dumb ass would fukk me though. How do you not go for 2? I was hoping KSU would come back just so he would have to explain his stupidity.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is dumb

got job because of quota laws

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
    Stanford Cardinal (Pac-12 Conference) (2011–present)
    2011 Stanford 11–2 8–1 T–1st (North) L Fiesta 7 7
    2012 Stanford 12–2 8–1 T–1st (North) W Rose 6 7
    2013 Stanford 11–3 7–2 T–1st (North) L Rose 10 11
    2014 Stanford 8–5 5–4 2nd (North) W Foster Farms
    2015 Stanford 12–2 8–1 1st (North) W Rose 3 3
    2016 Stanford 1–0 0–0 (North)
    Stanford: 55–14 36–9

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is dumb

got job because of quota laws
    Shut the penetrate up man.

RavensFan2k3

I couldn't tell if this post was sarcasm or not

irishstuey
    irishstuey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1654

All the racism aside...it doesn't make any sense to not go for 2. Had 13.5, but whateva.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Shut the penetrate up man.
    To the rescue! c'mon man. Freedom of speech. You know that. Sit for the national anthem do what you do. But, when it is against youz its be different. Show you right! Fo Shizzle. Weak focks for acting so tough all the time. Youuz be getzin youz feelns hurts awful easy. Hard MO FO's lol

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Quote Originally Posted by irishstuey View Post
    All the racism aside...it doesn't make any sense to not go for 2. Had 13.5, but whateva.
    It is racist. He knew no black boyz be bettin Stanford,

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has the inability to think in crucial moments he's just a figurehead

RavensFan2k3

Lol right. It literally made no sense to have gone for 2. Sorry you all lost your bet, but the coach made the right call.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    To the rescue! c'mon man. Freedom of speech. You know that. Sit for the national anthem do what you do. But, when it is against youz its be different. Show you right! Fo Shizzle. Weak focks for acting so tough all the time. Youuz be getzin youz feelns hurts awful easy. Hard MO FO's lol
    Huh?? Coach made a right call in going for one. Going for two should have never even been considered. So he made the right call and now he is dumb and was hired for quota laws? People on this board are so ridiculous

irishstuey

Lol right. It literally made no sense to have gone for 2. Sorry you all lost your bet, but the coach made the right call.
    Lol, you penetrating stupid. You can Google and find the math on what to do at 12 up at this point in the game.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Shaw is a stupid mofo. Stanford went up 12 with 2 minutes to go in the game and this dumb ass kicks the PAT instead of going for 2. This fukkin idiot took out his starting QB who was 10 for 10 to start the 2nd half. Then called predictable play after play. This fukker looked like he was trying to keep the game close. How does the coach of Stanford be this fukking dumb?

You left out the part him not expecting the obvious onside kick after the safety.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave M.W. 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

M.W.

Huh?? Coach made a right call in going for one. Going for two should have never even been considered. So he made the right call and now he is dumb and was hired for quota laws? People on this board are so ridiculous
    Wow -- you are clueless. You have to go for two in that situation. The chance of the opponent missing one of two PAT kicks (so that you don't get beat if you opponent scores two TDs) is way lower than the chance that you make the two-point conversion (so that you don't get beat if you opponent scores two TDs). It's not a close cal at all, and if you don't understand that, well . . . .

RavensFan2k3

Lol, you penetrating stupid. You can Google and find the math on what to do at 12 up at this point in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post

Wow -- you are clueless. You have to go for two in that situation. The chance of the opponent missing one of two PAT kicks (so that you don't get beat if you opponent scores two TDs) is way lower than the chance that you make the two-point conversion (so that you don't get beat if you opponent scores two TDs). It's not a close cal at all, and if you don't understand that, well . . . .
    You think with 2 min left in the game Stanford was worried about KSU scoring not one but two touchdowns? Are you kidding me? If i was facing a team that could score then sure, but 23 point lead as Stanford against an offense of KSU, I'm confident my defense can hold them

irishstuey

You think with 2 min left in the game Stanford was worried about KSU scoring not one but two touchdowns? Are you kidding me? If i was facing a team that could score then sure, but 23 point lead as Stanford against an offense of KSU, I'm confident my defense can hold them
    KSU just went 70 yards for a TD in under 2 minutes. They almost scored again on the last drive. Crazy shit happens sometimes. Either you are a troll or just don't know shit about football.

RavensFan2k3

KSU just went 70 yards for a TD in under 2 minutes. They almost scored again on the last drive. Crazy shit happens sometimes. Either you are a troll or just don't know shit about football.
    Needless to say, they went for one to be up 13, and the game ended with them still up 13. Again sorry if you had Stanford for by 14 or more, but that doesn't make Shaw an idiot for not going for 2. And you're right I'm a clueless troll who doesn't know shit about football. Best of luck this season.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

It's amazing, we're 2 days into the season and already this clock/scoring mistakes from these coaches is in full effect. First, the App State coach blew the Tennessee game and now Shaw can't count.

It's only just begun.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Seattle Slew 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Needless to say, they went for one to be up 13, and the game ended with them still up 13. Again sorry if you had Stanford for by 14 or more, but that doesn't make Shaw an idiot for not going for 2. And you're right I'm a clueless troll who doesn't know shit about football. Best of luck this season.
    Not going for 2 is a STUPID move. It was the wrong move. You cannot explain going for 2 in that situation. Shaw is a good coach with a better record at Stanford than Harbaugh but this was not one of his better games. He made too many mistakes in this game and was lucky to not have lost this game. Butch Jones did the same stupid shit last year against Florida (going for 1) and lost. Even when questioned that idiot said his card said to go for 1. EVERYONE told him to tear that card up.

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have to go for 2 to make it 14. Being up 12 as opposed to 13 means nothing. As being up 14 is actually relevant

RavensFan2k3

The only reason why this is even an issue here because you guys had Stanford at 13.5 or higher. That's the only reason. Like I said if they were facing a team with a potent offense, i'd agree with you. But in this case, don't see the problem.

Mac4Lyfe

The only reason why this is even an issue here because you guys had Stanford at 13.5 or higher. That's the only reason. Like I said if they were facing a team with a potent offense, i'd agree with you. But in this case, don't see the problem.
    KSU made it a game and actually had a chance to win. Did you watch the game? McCaffrey finally broke one to put the game out of reach but it was definitely nail biting time near the end. What does KSU's lack of offense have to do with proper situational football? Shaw screwed up just like App State's coach screwed up against UT. At least be honest about your mistakes.

ikid2groove
    ikid2groove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

For a dumbass his team seems to be solid every year

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove View Post
    For a dumbass his team seems to be solid every year
    He's a good coach but that was a dumb ass decision. I'm not sure why you guys want to excuse bad play?

ikid2groove
    ikid2groove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Shaw is top 5 coach in college football- he's always been conservative and his teams are well coach!!! not to mention- Stanford don't get the 5star recruits!!!

Mac4Lyfe

Shaw is top 5 coach in college football- he's always been conservative and his teams are well coach!!! not to mention- Stanford don't get the 5star recruits!!!
    That was not a conservative call... it was the wrong call. Why can't you admit it?

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had State +14.5. (as well as Colorado State) And it doesn't matter about a "potent offense" 1 big play makes it a 1 score game. Hell a touchdown with 10 seconds left gives you a chance with an onside and a hail mary. This shouldn't even be having to be discussed because of how no brainer it is to go for 2.

It's not "conservative" it's wrong. What is he helping himself out by taking the 1? And what is he potentially hurting his team if they miss the 2? This isn't even a game theory scenario like how going for 2 when you're up by 7 is. This is just a standard you have to go for 2.

And yeah the only reason it's getting talked about on a sports betting forum is because it effected the spread and the outcome depending when you bet. But, that doesn't mean there's no validity that Shaw was flat out wrong.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm guessing you weren't a math major.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

M.W.

No, it's a stupid move for someone trying to win a game, which I didn't bet on (by the way). You are really embarrassing yourself.

12 Last