Bomb threats at Clemson

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigboydan
    SBR Aristocracy
    • 08-10-05
    • 55420

    #1
    Bomb threats at Clemson
    I figured we would see something like this, but I would have thought it would have been next Sunday when the NFL season gets underway.

    BTW... Hey coach, Are Elmer and yourself responsible for these?

    Security upped after Clemson University Police receive bomb threats

    CLEMSON, S.C. -- Security has been heightened at Clemson's Memorial Stadium for tonight's football game against No. 19 Florida State after Clemson University Police received two bomb threats Monday, according to university officials.

    It was the third bomb threat received by Clemson police since Aug. 27, according to a pair of alerts issued to university faculty by school officials.

    University police told ESPN they received two threats earlier Monday, the first of which targeted Sirrine Hall, which is located behind the John C. Calhoun Mansion at the center of campus.

    According to an e-mail alert sent to university faculty earlier Monday, Clemson Police chief Johnson Link requested a bomb task force from nearby Anderson, S.C., which included an explosive-detecting dog. No explosive device was found.

    The target of the second threat wasn't immediately known.

    On Aug. 26, the school's admissions department received a threat that claimed a bomb was located in Sikes Hall, which houses many of the school's administrative offices. The e-mail threat wasn't read until the following day, according to the police alert, and the Anderson police bomb task force swept that building and found no device.

    Anderson Police and University Police have set up a command center in nearby Littlejohn Coliseum. If a threat to the stadium is received by police before or during the game, Clemson president James F. Barker will decide whether to evacuate the teams and more than 83,000 fans.

    The schools' associate commissioners, head coaches and ACC officials are aware of the possibility of a threat. The players hadn't been told of the threat an hour before kickoff.

    ESPN sideline reporter Holly Rowe asked fans if they were worried about the threats before the game and they responded, "Oh, no." The fans told Rowe they were just worried about the outcome of the game.
  • pags11
    SBR Posting Legend
    • 08-18-05
    • 12264

    #2
    heard this on college football live today...bad deal...
    Comment
    • Dark Horse
      SBR Posting Legend
      • 12-14-05
      • 13764

      #3
      On the general topic of bomb threats, I always thought the proper thing to do was to wait until your team had absolutely no chance of getting back in the game.

      This premature stuff is tasteless.
      Comment
      • BatemanPatrickl
        SBR Posting Legend
        • 06-21-07
        • 18772

        #4
        I think the calls were traced to Jeff Bowden's cell phone.
        Comment
        • jjgold
          SBR Aristocracy
          • 07-20-05
          • 388179

          #5
          Who gives a fuk? Why do they even respond to them? None are ever true, any real bom just gos off without anyone telling them

          lol
          Comment
          • pokernut9999
            SBR Posting Legend
            • 07-25-07
            • 12757

            #6
            It was Fsu's offense but they had already left the building when bomb squad got there.
            Comment
            Search
            Collapse
            SBR Contests
            Collapse
            Top-Rated US Sportsbooks
            Collapse
            Working...