Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Missouri Black football players on strike

Still not quite sure why and it looks like they've been on strike all season. But probably the perfect spot to hammer BYU if a line ever comes out.

Facebook link

Twitter Link

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

why not

good angle

Mac4Lyfe

Missouri’s Black Players Announce Boycott Of Football Until University President Is Removed

Matt Hladik
    In the wake of mounting racial tension, which culminated in a swastika scrawled in human feces appearing on a dorm room wall last month, a University of Missouri graduate student named Jonathan Butler is waging a hunger strike in protest. Butler plans on continuing his strike until the university’s president, Tim Wolfe, steps down or is removed from his post.
    Wolfe has been accused by Butler and others of negligence in addressing the rising tension and racial problems on campus.

Tonight, black players on the Missouri football team joined Butler’s fight. The group posted a message on Twitter declaring that they would be boycotting all football activities until Wolfe is gone.

http://collegespun.com/sec/missouri/...ent-is-removed

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I've been told from an inside source the president has reached an agreement to end the strike.
    He ponied up and gave in to their demands.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

I've never understood the hunger strike thing.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy solution, give up your scholarship and uniforms and transfer. Otherwise, uphold your contract and play. Leave the rest to the arts students and those types.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

Distraction from their shit play, they should've been better than what their record is.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    I've been told from an inside source the president has reached an agreement to end the strike.

You're an idiot.

Mac4Lyfe

I did chuckle though...

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You're an idiot.

jjgold

nobody cares about Mizu..trash state

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

getting a free ride as it is and now wants hunger strike for more attention .. its same ole black bs

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

How the penetrate is this possible?

The university gave these players a chance to showcase their skills to the NFL. Where is the race issue?

Mac4Lyfe

From the Washington Post:

quote:

But even as he and his friends were holding signs and chanting on Ferguson’s streets, he was surprised, as he sees it, to see his university do little to address the racial tensions simmering in the same state.

There was national coverage, so for the school to not cover that or really address that, and we are only two hours away, I think was a huge mistake on their part and contributed to the current cultural environment that we have,” he said. “It just shows that there are racially motivated things — murders, assaults, other things — that happen and we are just going to sweep them under the rug.”

quote:

The problems in Columbia began on Sept. 11. That’s when Payton Head, the Missouri Students Association president and an African American, was racially abused as he walked home.

"Last night as I walking through campus, some guys riding on the back of a pickup truck decided that it would be okay to continuously scream N—– at me,” Head wrote on Facebook the next day. “I really just want to know why my simple existence is such a threat to society.”

African American students became upset when it took university chancellor R. Bowen Loftin nearly a week to respond to the incident.

quote:

Shortly after midnight on Oct. 5, members of the Legion of Black Collegians (LBC) were in a campus plaza rehearsing for a play the following night when “an inebriated white male” called them “n—–s.”

This time, the university responded more promptly, with Loftin issuing a statement denouncing the incidents. “We support free speech in the context of learning, spirited inquiry and intellectual discussion, but acts of bias and discrimination will not be tolerated at Mizzou,” he wrote.

A few days later, the white student was identified and “moved from campus,” according to the university.

The removal of the student did little to make Butler or his friends feel better.

quote:

Another group of student protesters covered a statue of Thomas Jefferson with sticky notes with words such as “racist,” “rapist” and “hypocrite” in protest, Fusion reported.

quote:

On Oct. 10, with the LBC abuse still fresh in their minds, Butler and 10 other African American students interrupted Mizzou’s homecoming parade by surrounding Wolfe’s gleaming red convertible.

Butler and his fellow students chanted until Columbia Police pushed them out of the way, threatening to arrest them and rattling cans of pepper spray in their faces. (Cops did not spray anyone and nobody was arrested, Butler said.)

"I thought, ‘What else do I have to do to prove my humanity’?” Butler told The Washington Post. “What else do I have to do, just because I’m a black person, to prove to you that I deserve to have a good experience on campus? That’s when I started to think about the action of the hunger strike.”

quote:

Then, two weeks later, Mizzou’s racial tensions flared again when someone used their own feces to smear a swastika on a communal bathroom wall in a brand new residence hall. The incident seemed to capture the college’s predicament: each attempt at a fresh start besmirched by old prejudices.

“This individual used a symbol that targets cultural and religious minorities in a place where students call their home,” wrote Residence Halls Association President Billy Donley in a news release, adding that the vandalism was “an act of hate.”

A university spokesman downplayed the incident, however.

“It was some vandalism that was discovered several days ago in a residence hall in a restroom,” Christian Basi told the Columbia Missourian.

quote:

"You may or may not know me,” it began. “Since Mr. Wolfe joined the UM system as president in 2012, there have been a slew of racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., incidents that have dynamically disrupted the learning experience for marginalized/underrepresented students at the University of Missouri.”

"The revolting acts that are occurring at Mizzou are a result of a poisonous infestation of apathy that has been spawning from University of Missouri system leadership,” Butler wrote. “Starting today … I will be embarking on an indefinite hunger strike in opposition to Tim Wolfe as the University of Missouri system president. During this hunger strike, I will not consume any food or nutritional sustenance at the expense of my health until either Tim Wolfe is removed from office or my internal organs fail and my life is lost.”

jjgold

Country laughing at them meaning players

Just fold program

You cannot give in because then kids will run campuses

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

It's what they have. Do not take this from them. We do not need anarchy

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I wonder if all the black players are behind this.

id hope the university president has more pressing issues than a kid getting called names by a drunk guy

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...107-story.html

Wolfe met with Butler and student groups on Friday to discuss the university's handling of racial harassment cases.
    Butler also has expressed concern about other student issues, including the removal of graduate student health care subsidies and an end to university contracts with a Planned Parenthood clinic.

They are also going to sit out practice...which leads me to believe they'll have a change of heart Saturday morning.

jjgold

Nothing wrong with looking into racial issues on campus of course but you cannot give into players

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Uhhhhh....if I saw a bunch of guys REHEARSING SCENES FOR A PLAY after midnite on campus....I most likely would've hurled some insults myself.

And who amongst can honestly say they haven't made a few swastikas out of their own feces??

Perfectly normal. Kids being kids.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

they are just masking the real reason that they completely suck at the game of football. Kick them out of the university...easy.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

I'm sure, after their play this season, there are a lot of Missouri Tiger fans praying they never come back from the strike.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nothing wrong with looking into racial issues on campus of course but you cannot give into players
    No choice but to cave in this soft social justice era we live in for 1.

2 you aren't winning any sec games missing 30 (black) players who wants to watch a bad/losing product?

my issue is it's Missouri that whole region is racist as hell why are you a kid I'm guessing grew up in that region surprised at racism there even if recruited from out of state it's no secret google search it ...Be like a kid complaining about racism @ ole miss well yeah have you checked the history?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

So what will the new resident do to solve the problem? Ban rednecks from drinking and driving their pickup trucks through campus? It's obvious the racists are not students and the school is located in redneck heartland.

jjgold

I have been saying this

America is a weak Country with weak people

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Uhhhhh....if I saw a bunch of guys REHEARSING SCENES FOR A PLAY after midnite on campus....I most likely would've hurled some insults myself.

And who amongst can honestly say they haven't made a few swastikas out of their own feces??

Perfectly normal. Kids being kids.
    Man stfu

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Fukk ass forum

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

hahah black ppl like chiken amirite guys?? XD XD XD

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    hahah black ppl like chiken amirite guys?? XD XD XD
    only thing missing is some pigs feet, collard greens, and watermelon!...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah the chicken thing still gets laughs in 2015 despite being played out as hell for lord knows how long... Low hanging fruit it's safe obviously it's been used a million times online for a reaction. It offends you hippy?

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Yeah the chicken thing still gets laughs in 2015 despite being played out as hell for lord knows how long... Low hanging fruit it's safe obviously it's been used a million times online for a reaction. It offends you hippy?
    No all this stuff gets an eye roll at best
    just funny to see ppl still using that played out shit ... In 2015

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    No all this stuff gets an eye roll at best
    just funny to see ppl still using that played out shit ... In 2015
    who gives a fukk?? african americans like chicken, who fukkin cares?

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    who gives a fukk?? african americans like chicken, who fukkin cares?
    Everybody likes chicken
    and ppl do this kinda shit to downplay the actual point

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Black people also like Seagrams gin, e&j brandy, loose fitting pants, church, basketball, and tonk

who the fukk doesn't like fried chicken

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

it is easily solved. stop their dining card. they can all go on hunger strikes with the activist.But my question is when did missouri become relevant in football. THEY SURE WEREN'Y IN THE 12!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Black people also like Seagrams gin, e&j brandy, loose fitting pants, church, basketball, and tonk

who the fukk doesn't like fried chicken

and orange soda, malt liquor, and white women!...

1234 ... Last