jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's pray this has a snowball effect and many other states will join the ban

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

^
    I would not hold your breath JJ.

A ton of very legit sites have DFS now.

Yahoo, CBS sports.....
    Is this just a target at FD and DK or is a total ban of all sites that offer DFS?
    Like Yahoo and CBS and the others.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I would not hold your breath JJ.

A ton of very legit sites have DFS now.

Yahoo, CBS sports.....
    Is this just a target at FD and DK or is a total ban of all sites that offer DFS?
    Like Yahoo and CBS and the others.
    I understand all that don't have a pool license. Not sure who has them if any

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I find it despicable how the leagues - espcially the NFL - do everything they can to prevent legalized sports betting, but they are in bed with the DFS's.

And I am not exaggerating. Bob Kraft is an investor in a DFS. Jerry Jones is one as well. Other leagues and networks are all in on the gig.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Why are you fukkin dinosaurs at SBR against DFS?!

I don't get it

It's legalized gambling. If you suck at it, then go fukk yourself... Don't try to lose it for all of us.

Some of us make good money betting on DFS.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I find it despicable how the leagues - espcially the NFL - do everything they can to prevent legalized sports betting, but they are in bed with the DFS's.

And I am not exaggerating. Bob Kraft is an investor in a DFS. Jerry Jones is one as well. Other leagues and networks are all in on the gig.
    TIde is changing

It is getting too much bad exposure now

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

I just don't like fantasy sports,

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

I don't get it

It's legalized gambling. If you suck at it, then go fukk yourself... Don't try to lose it for all of us.

We're against the hypocrisy. It should be treated as exactly what it is, betting on sports. And hopefully DFS is so ingrained, and so profitable for the Leagues, especially the NFL, which is the most vocal opponent of sports betting, and the networks etc., they will drop their hypocritical resistance to sports betting, in order to keep the DFS money flowing. And open up an even larger revenue stream, the legalized betting market. That's the long game hope.

kyhawk
    kyhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7764

What exactly is the difference between betting on a team vs betting on a team of players you pick?

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Bingo.

It's like all those universities who would never sell beer at sporting events because they had some moral high ground to espouse. Then they realized how much money they could make and that tune changed very quickly. They're all hypocrites.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

don't care either way as long as they stop with the f***ing commercials. NFL is totally in bed with them.....tried to stop the hearing in DC going forward anyway...suck it goodell

mikewlgm

I don't get it

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

As in most everything - follow the money. The state of high morality (Nevada) was also against the evil sins of online poker. How nice of them to consider the harm it does to you.

Bottom line is Harras isn't making a dime off of it so it must be bad.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I'm guessing within a year these sites will no longer exist, or every form of sports gambling will be legal.

mikewlgm

Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana and Washington....and now Nevada have a ban on fantasy gambling.

Fan duel & Draft kings got to greedy....to many ads...they drew way to much attention to themselves. Sure the ads got them noticed but maybe not in the way they wanted.

And now with the insider information they gave the govt a stick to beat them with.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by mikewlgm View Post
    Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana and Washington....and now Nevada have a ban on fantasy gambling.

Fan duel & Draft kings got to greedy....to many ads...they drew way to much attention to themselves. Sure the ads got them noticed but maybe not in the way they wanted.

And now with the insider information they gave the govt a stick to beat them with.

Best post of the thread

The more they advertise the greater chance it will be gone
    Points Awarded:

mikewlgm gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sam9ball
    Update Status
    sam9ball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2353

Daily fantasy sports sites ordered to shut down in Nevada

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada regulators ordered daily fantasy sports sites like DraftKings and FanDuel to shut down Thursday, saying the hard-to-miss sites that have flooded the marketplace with TV and Internet ads cannot operate in the state without a gambling license.

http://news.yahoo.com/daily-fantasy-...-finance.html#

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Not a good precedent for the fantasy industry. Government entities are going to screw this up for American citizens like they already have for the poker industry. Sounds to me that the special interests in Nevada have been crying hard to their "bought" representatives. Its really a damn shame for us regular guys.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I don't get it

I don't think the people here are against DFS as much as they are for legalized gambling on games.

I have a dream that exposing the facts that DFS's are gambling helps pave the way for legalized gambling on games, not shutting down the DFS's.

(Although the commercials are getting way the hell annoying)

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

The mood in Nevada, especially the radio guys is very positive when it comes to the banning. That surprised me.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3110

These sites pay taxes. It's not going to banned everywhere

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    The mood in Nevada, especially the radio guys is very positive when it comes to the banning. That surprised me.

the bigger companies will get pool license. See if Nevada gaming ends up approving them

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

because its a pussy sport with pussy stakes

nobody cares

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    because its a pussy sport with pussy stakes

nobody cares
    You can play head to head for 10k.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by kyhawk View Post
    What exactly is the difference between betting on a team vs betting on a team of players you pick?
    Long story short, the high courts deemed fantasy a game of skill, not chance.

Here this will explain it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...ball-be-legal/

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    the bigger companies will get pool license. See if Nevada gaming ends up approving them
    Fukking A they'll approve.
    Beau coup money for the state that needs every penny it can get.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

DOuble edge sword for DFS to even "apply" for a gambling license - If they do, just by the process - they will be "admitting' They are gambling... Nevada know this...

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    DOuble edge sword for DFS to even "apply" for a gambling license - If they do, just by the process - they will be "admitting' They are gambling... Nevada know this...
    Its for a pool license and I'm assuming FD and DK will as well as Yahoo

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    We're against the hypocrisy. It should be treated as exactly what it is, betting on sports. And hopefully DFS is so ingrained, and so profitable for the Leagues, especially the NFL, which is the most vocal opponent of sports betting, and the networks etc., they will drop their hypocritical resistance to sports betting, in order to keep the DFS money flowing. And open up an even larger revenue stream, the legalized betting market. That's the long game hope.
    how is DFS any different then playing the stock market? you analyze data, price movements and create a lineup just like you would a portfolio of stocks. if DFS is "gambling" so is the stock market.

it is absolutely 100% a game of skill, and the only reason vegas is doing this is for a piece of the juicy pie.
    gambling is what goes on in the pits and even sports betting - there is more skill in this then the pits, but this is still very risky because youre having to outsmart the oddsmakers who construct the lines to beat.

In DFS you just beat the opponnent(s) and the rake.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    What the DFS sharps all know, and the DFS sqaures don't know and need to know it you win with 'contrarian' player picks.
    You ain't winning with 28 percent of the players starting Bell at RB and Rodgers at QB.
    most of my money goes into cash games, but i always take small shots in the GPP's. from doing the whole NBA and MLB season, winning GPP lineups (25,000ish players) are blended with value plays (that are higher owned) and a few contrarian picks thrown in.

Here was the winning lineup in a 200,000 player field this past weekend:

Eli (7%)
    Freeman (35%)
    Martin (4%)
    Beckham (14%)
    Edelman (35%)
    JJones (15%)
    Gates (15%)
    Brown (5%)
    GB (5%)

All of these players made a lot of sense when looking at DFS stats (DVP etc), and Doug Martin was a performance not a lot envisioned....

For a 200k player field, guys with ownership %'s in the teens are still somewhat popular. yes there will be plenty of winning lineups some weeks with guys .02% owned, but it doesnt happen as often as many claim (and cry about).

the whole DraftKings employee thing was a joke. just b/c you know the ownership %'s doesnt change the fact that you still have to put together the right combination lineups. anyone that plays DFS regularly will be able to closely predict ownership levels. any one who plays the Thursday night game will get to see ownership % levels for the players in all games -- it will only show %'s for guys in your lineup, but if someone was that obsessed with getting % data for the sunday start games, they can enter a ton of different thur lineups to see how all players are owned.

yes you want to be different to win a tournament, but not every pick needs to be completely off the wall.

no i have never won a GPP..ha
    i fire single entries into these and am not doing the mass multi entry game that the pros do. these guys enter hundreds of lineups generated by algos -- thats how you win big at this; hire a quant and automate it.
    Last edited by Tommy Karate; 10-16-15 at 10:04 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Its for a pool license and I'm assuming FD and DK will as well as Yahoo
    I know Vegas, but even for a pool license its one step closer to admitting "something"...

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    how is DFS any different then playing the stock market? you analyze data, price movements and create a lineup just like you would a portfolio of stocks. if DFS is "gambling" so is the stock market.

it is absolutely 100% a game of skill, and the only reason vegas is doing this is for a piece of the juicy pie.
    gambling is what goes on in the pits and even sports betting - there is more skill in this then the pits, but this is still very risky because youre having to outsmart the oddsmakers who construct the lines to beat.

In DFS you just beat the opponnent(s) and the rake.
    The stock market is pure gambling..ZERO SKILL

statistically proven its random

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

the Am gaming ass and Fantasy trade association will eventually partner, or at least become allys and put more pressure on congress in 5 or 6 decades... Really, the next logical thing to do for DFW is partner with Horse tracks and the best lobbiests.. fk what great Idea... no one steal plz....

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

This is serious business...despicable?...these guys are smart, they can profit by investing in these fantasy sports companies. How much money do these guys make if paulie the bookie or tony takes all of the money...

its really quite a simple concept and of course leagues and networks are in...exaggerating lol

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The stock market is pure gambling..ZERO SKILL

statistically proven its random
    i hear ya; all of those hedge fund managers with Harvard MBA's banging 22 year old models in their Hamptons houses are just lucky

First 123 Last