Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I take it no one watched the UCLA game? Granted there QB is a true freshman, best LB in the country with a stacked line. Will be super tough to beat this year. Being a USC guy this is hard for me to say.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Come on... UCLA was playing an average Virginia team traveling 3000 miles on the road and they didn't dominate them by any stretch. I don't take away much from that game.

Cal was the only team that looked good in the entire conference IMO. And they were playing Grambling state and still gave up 2 TDs.

This was a horrible week for the Pac12. Pathetic showing by the entire conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    I take it no one watched the UCLA game? Granted there QB is a true freshman, best LB in the country with a stacked line. Will be super tough to beat this year. Being a USC guy this is hard for me to say.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Come on... UCLA was playing an average Virginia team traveling 3000 miles on the road and they didn't dominate them by any stretch. I don't take away much from that game.

Cal was the only team that looked good in the entire conference IMO. And they were playing Grambling state and still gave up 2 TDs.

This was a horrible week for the Pac12. Pathetic showing by the entire conference.
    Mac,
    Funny how it works...everyone (basically the media) creamed their collective pants because the SEC looked so good yesterday but as I've said numerous times, the ACC can play with any teams in the country in both football and basketball...you can say Virginia is just average (and for all intents and purposes, you would be right) but the starting QB for the Georgia Bulldogs out of the almighty, superior, SEC is Greyson Lambert who lost his starting job to QB Matt Johns from Virginia...that is why he transferred from Virginia...bottom line, it's not like UVA is devoid of talent...they are a scrappy team that should get better as the season goes along.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Too much medical marijuana, beaches, and sunshine. Footballs meant to be played by tough son of a bitches in the mud and snow. For over a decade the Pac 12 was like Harold Melvin without the Bluenotes, they were never going platinum, but instead of Teddy Pendergrass, their weapon was UCLA and USC.

Mac4Lyfe

I think the ACC is the best conference for Basketball but you're living in another galaxy if you think it's a football conference. I think there's a lot of talent for football in the ACC but the conference obviously does not care about football and would rather emphasize basketball. FSU and Clemson has been the class of the conference, with GT, and Vatech behind. The rest of the conference is a dumpster fire, including Virginia. Virginia may turn out to have a good football season but the program is average at best and that's being kind. Look at the last 5 years. Pretty awful.

2014 : 5 - 7
    2013 : 2 - 10
    2012 : 4 - 8
    2011 : 8 - 5
    2010 : 4 - 8
    Total : 23 - 38

I can see Virginia starting off the season 2 - 6. It will be a stretch to end up +0.500

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Mac,
    Funny how it works...everyone (basically the media) creamed their collective pants because the SEC looked so good yesterday but as I've said numerous times, the ACC can play with any teams in the country in both football and basketball...you can say Virginia is just average (and for all intents and purposes, you would be right) but the starting QB for the Georgia Bulldogs out of the almighty, superior, SEC is Greyson Lambert who lost his starting job to QB Matt Johns from Virginia...that is why he transferred from Virginia...bottom line, it's not like UVA is devoid of talent...they are a scrappy team that should get better as the season goes along.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Too much medical marijuana, beaches, and sunshine. Footballs meant to be played by tough son of a bitches in the mud and snow. For over a decade the Pac 12 was like Harold Melvin without the Bluenotes, they were never going platinum, but instead of Teddy Pendergrass, their weapon was UCLA and USC.
    We can't even make mud in California right now. We are doomed.

Da Manster!

I think the ACC is the best conference for Basketball but you're living in another galaxy if you think it's a football conference. I think there's a lot of talent for football in the ACC but the conference obviously does not care about football and would rather emphasize basketball. FSU and Clemson has been the class of the conference, with GT, and Vatech behind. The rest of the conference is a dumpster fire, including Virginia. Virginia may turn out to have a good football season but the program is average at best and that's being kind. Look at the last 5 years. Pretty awful.

2014 : 5 - 7
    2013 : 2 - 10
    2012 : 4 - 8
    2011 : 8 - 5
    2010 : 4 - 8
    Total : 23 - 38

I can see Virginia starting off the season 2 - 6. It will be a stretch to end up +0.500
    ACC went 5 - 3 against the SEC last year in football...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Ain't that the truth need that rain ...but not too much or could take a dump on the winter medical marijuana crops that would be a bummer ....El Niño

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Ain't that the truth need that rain ...but not too much or could take a dump on the winter medical marijuana crops that would be a bummer ....El Niño
    Here in Florida we've had enough rain to last us a decade. It's raining as I type. It's been like Seattle for the last 3 months, would gladly send it your way if we could.

Mac4Lyfe

When did this become an ACC vs SEC discussion? Did Virginia account for any of those ACC wins

Back to my original point. UCLA looked good against a usually average Virginia football team. UCLA, Cal and USC all had solid games against suspect opponents for the Pac12 but it was a bad weekend overall for the conference.

I think Virginia will be much improved this year but no world beaters. They'll be hard pressed to be bowl eligible IMO.

ACC went 5 - 3 against the SEC last year in football...

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

If you really believe the ACC (or PAC 12) is a better football conference than the SEC you need to find a new hobby.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

because he's black.
    You are exactly correct. Stanford, that great Liberal bastion in Northern California (aka the Peoples Republic of California) would never fire a black HC unless forced to do so. How long did it take UDub to fire Willingham? How long will it take Texas to fire Strong? Political correctness is ruining College Football.

smitch124

Man I had under 30 posts before Bigdaddy made this thread political. Not even close

Mac4Lyfe

Matt Johns fukking sucks. He was flat out awful tonight. Pick 6 first pass of the night.

The only thing Matt Johns beating out Lambert tells me is that Virginia coaching staff don't have a fukking clue how to coach guys up. Lambert goes to Georgia and looks all world now.

Virginia is exactly what we thought they are. Shit on a stick.
    Mac,

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Matt Johns fukking sucks. He was flat out awful tonight. Pick 6 first pass of the night.

The only thing Matt Johns beating out Lambert tells me is that Virginia coaching staff don't have a fukking clue how to coach guys up. Lambert goes to Georgia and looks all world now.

Says a lot about their coaching. That guy from virginia matched Jim Caldwell in the dumb look department. They have that look on their face like they've never seen a football field before

Da Manster!

gotta love SBR posters who always post AFTER the fact!......Mac, what you say is probably true...VA's coaching staff probably doesn't have a clue and coach London is on the hot seat...they should have fired his sorry ass last year...but that still doesn't change the fact that Lambert couldn't hack it at UVA and got beat out by pathetic Johns...a lot of collegiate QB's (johns included) would flourish at GE...hell, just hand off the ball to Nick Chubb 85% of the time and the rest will sort itself out!..it's not real hard to play the QB position when you have arguably one of the best running backs in the land with a decent O-line and good WR's!...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think it has more to do with a better coach, an offensive line that's 100x better, better receivers, and two rbs that are all world. Give that to a qb with tools and watch him flourish. It's why these nfhoyp quarterbacks are drafted all the time

Mac4Lyfe

Posted AFTER THE FACT? I said in the first game of the season that UCLA did not dominate a very average Virginia team. Somehow you didn't like that I said Virginia was average, so you said...

"bottom line, it's not like UVA is devoid of talent...they are a scrappy team that should get better as the season goes along."

Then I guess you were trying to imply that since Virginia's old QB was now at Georgia that Virginia was as good as Georgia??? Or since the ACC had a winning record over the SEC last year that Virginia would be better this year? I'm really not sure what you were trying to say but I was simply saying that Virginia is an average football team, year after year. It looks like they are below average this year and UCLA winning against them doesn't really mean a thing. My main point was that the Pac12 did not impress that first week and I'm still not impressed with the entire conference.

gotta love SBR posters who always post AFTER the fact!......

Mac4Lyfe

USC shitting the bed tonight. UCLA crapped their pants last Saturday. The entire conference is a dumpster fire...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

PAC 12 irrelevant

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    PAC 12 irrelevant
    Utah may make playoff

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Is there a good conference anymore?

Mac4Lyfe

Utah will have at least 2 losses...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Utah may make playoff

smitch124

There's way less dominant teams Jeffie.

Vegas39

I don't think so with their schedule

smitch124

Whose beating them?

Mac4Lyfe

I think it's pretty clear. The SEC is 31-4 OOC, with notable wins against P5. Take out Vandy, Arkansas and Tennessee and the overall conference has been solid.

The Big12 is doing pretty good as well and the Big10 has some nice wins among their top teams. I do agree that there's more parity today than ever but nobody in the Pac12 outside of Utah looks serviceable. But I'm not sold on them either. If Utah played Michigan today, I think we'd see different results.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sec is still the best Florida bama or lsu beat the breaks off anybody in the PAC-12

smitch124

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Sec is still the best Florida bama or lsu beat the breaks off anybody in the PAC-12
    I agree, but none of them is playing Utah. If they run the table they are in.

Vegas39

I agree, but none of them is playing Utah. If they run the table they are in.
    even 1 loss they get in as over a Big 12 one loss team

Mac4Lyfe

Most likely USC and UCLA but Cal this weekend or Zona on the road as well. They will most likely split those 4 games, if not lose 3 out of 4.

Whose beating them?

smitch124

Most likely USC and UCLA but Cal this weekend or Zona on the road as well. They will most likely split those 4 games, if not lose 3 out of 4.
    Don't see that happening, but they do have to play the games. We will see.

Mac4Lyfe

Why not? They are getting mad pub by barely beating a Michigan team that had a coaching change, personnel change, etc. and an overrated Oregon team that will struggle to end up 0.500.

The media has to pump somebody up in that conference. I ain't buying it.

The Pac12 has been horrible OOC. Oregon lost to MSU, Stanford lost to Northwestern, Az State lost to Texas A&M. Undefeated Cal should have lost to an awful Texas team. Washington lost to Boise, Oregon State lost to Michigan, Washington State lost to Portland State, Colorado lost to Hawaii. What's their best win? Michigan or Texas. Ouch.

Don't see that happening, but they do have to play the games. We will see.

Rob7168
    Rob7168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5372

USC LOVES Weed...............Keep smoking boys

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Truth is nothing "happened" to the Pac-12. It has been pretty bad for a couple of years. Last relevant team conference had was Stanford a few years ago. Don't talk to me about Oregon, a team that always wilts when it plays top defenses out of conference.

First 1234 Last