TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Stewart just lost his sponsor, career, and life in a matter of seconds. Nice work.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57563

Hit the gas as he got close, knew he would fishtail into him. He saw the kid and knew what he was doing - Brutal and deliberate.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

no one is talking about the idiot kid trying to get in front of the car. what was he gonna do, stop tony stewart with his fingers?

but if that kid did die, he's going to jail for sure. you can hear him flooring and running the kid over.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

The car before Tony's slowed down; Tony saw the kid and sped up trying to prove a point. Unfortunately the situation ended in a disaster.

BatemanPatrickl

Kevin Ward Jr. was pronounced dead on arrival.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

watching the video, the kid looked like he died instantly.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i don't know how many angles they have but from that video, tony can just claim he didn't see the kid.

kevin ward is a dumbass...

BatemanPatrickl

Not when you can hear him gunning the engine right before impact and the car fishtailing.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lucky for tony, there's only one angle of the incident and you can clearly see it's the kids stupidity that killed him.

no jail time, not even a fine is what i predict...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Absolutely no way to say for sure that he did it on purpose, and the kid went halfway on the track. Way too much reasonable doubt, Tony won't get in any legal trouble. Sad for it to happen, could have been deliberate or could have been gunning it to get away from him but you don't run in the middle of the track during a damn race. Just testing fate.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Damn video already removed.

Knew I should have taken a copy.
    Still availble on you tube

Terrible incident

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Kid acted like a fukking moron no doubt. Like you mentioned tho Bateman the driver in front of Tony had slowed down and TS gunned it a bit. Now why on earth you would hit the gas under a caution flag right at the spot of a crash especially is anyone's guess. Needless to say this is a bad look for Smoke and he's gonna pay in some regard I would think.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

family gets $ in a civil suit probably and thats that

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

The one thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is Tony being a seasoned driver 30+ years experience on all different kinds of track surfaces did this wtf?!? Accident or not gonna be alot of explaining to do and at the least gonna put a heavy hit on his bank account I'm sure. Kid was acting like an idiot bit he's 17 young, dumb and full of ... Anyway we see drivers acting like this all the time even on nascar tracks so no doubt more emphasis and heavy fines will probably be levied on drivers for getting out of their cars and behaving like this. R.i.p. to the kid that was killed and condolences to his family what a senseless tragedy!

Cuse0323

Not that I'm a driver but it is a smaller dirt track, also the guy was 20. It sucks regardless of why.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I'm hearing 17 but if he's 20 what's the difference still young/dumb and too bad the kid let his emotions get the best of him.

Cuse0323

Yeah, no difference...just saying. In the end it's a tragedy no matter what, hope it was an accident though really.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Looks like he tried to scare the kid and the worst possible outcome happened.

Kid put himself in a vulnerable spot and I can't see Tony being charged.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah for Tony's sake let's hope that's what they find in the investigation. Accident or not tho it's too bad a young man lost his life. Hopefully this is a wake up call for these drivers and they learn from this and take a split second to think when in the heat of the moment and temper is boiling ov an accident.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

doubt you can charge someone when the "victim" was visibly on an ACTIVE race track

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well I have no doubt Tony did not do this intentionally. However I could see recklessness being a factor. As I mentioned why would any driver let alone one with Tonys experience hit the gas under caution right at the scene of an accident? I could see Tony who is known for his temper (like pretty much all these guys when racing) maybe trying to put a little scare into the kid saying fukk this young punk trying to call me out and maybe misjudged it. Gonna be interesting to see the aftermath and what comes of this no doubt. Anyone know if Stewart has released a statement?

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno

I think he did that shit on purpose.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Stewart is done for a while, looked suspicious to me

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by StanleySharp View Post
    Stewart is done for a while, looked suspicious to me
    Initial reports are saying he's not facing any criminal charges. The way i see it, Ward tried to play a game of chicken with Tony, thinking Tony would stop but he was wrong.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Very classless that he's going to drive this morning.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Very classless that he's going to drive this morning.
    He's got sponsors and a company to run...it's strictly business..not being cold...but that's what those dude's think about Not saying the 2nd and 3rd order affects are going to be he might lose many fans and customers, but he's not think that far ahead right now

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Optimist prime, thank you for being one of the very few rational people in the world. There will be no way they can prove this was intentional while some dumfukk gets out of his car on a racetrack and walks toward another car on a track near a disabled car which tightens the area in which another car can pass. I would have hit the throttle too.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    He's got sponsors and a company to run...it's strictly business..not being cold...but that's what those dude's think about
    mob mentality boys (not saying anything wrong with driving today, don't get me wrong)

but dirty is right, just the truth

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    He's got sponsors and a company to run...it's strictly business..not being cold...but that's what those dude's think about Not saying the 2nd and 3rd order affects are going to be he might lose many fans and customers, but he's not think that far ahead right now
    Could easily have a different driver step in and keep the car in the field. He had a hand in killing someone. Human life and respect > Business

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    Initial reports are saying he's not facing any criminal charges. The way i see it, Ward tried to play a game of chicken with Tony, thinking Tony would stop but he was wrong.
    Not facing criminal charges but could be taking an understood leave of absence or suspension from NASCAR if an investigation of any kind follows. I personally don't think Stewart tried to avoid him, but tried to get his point across and a freak/horrific accident came out of it.

I can't believe he's actually participating today.. I don't think that's the right move

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I've been to quite a few sprint car races,find it very hard to believe Stewart didn't see the kid.He clearly revved the engine as he went by the kid, forcing his right wheel tire to kick out.Stewart isn't a rookie driver.He,s driven everything from modifieds,midgets,410 sprints to wingless sprints,he know exactly what he was doing.And to say he was just trying to scare the kid,anyone that has driven one of these 410s knows what the machine is capable of.And as far as the kid getting out of his car,I watched many NASCAR races at Bristol Tennessee were tempers flare,and drivers get out of there car to confront drivers,I never saw any driver ever rev his engine to scare or hit a driver.....Stewart should pay dearly for this act,and I WAS A Stewart fan.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

that's penetrating crazy, straight up murdered him

stewart is lucky not someone I care about or be a sequel to saw going on

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you down gear the engine revs up also so that's another scenario that's up in the air

It's so difficult to come to a conclusion here

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Edit
    Last edited by Joe Dogs; 08-10-14 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Double post

First 123456 ... Last