stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Here's the problem with NCAAB and NBA bal

Cold as hell here in Ct. today, icy, great day to crack open a 24 pack and watch NCAAB hoops, get caught up on all the conferences.

The refs don't let them play anymore.

Guy driving down the lane, blows by defender, defender barely gives ball handler a love tap on the wrist in an attempt to steal or strip, that's a foul.

Minor, barely noticiable hand check, that's a foul.

Like 12 - 16 times a game.

NBA died when Jordan left, Rodman and Lambier and the Laker enforcers of the 80's would not survive today's game.

I'm UConn guy, old school Big East the refs let them play, Georgetown was physical, Pitt used to bruise, Big East was real hoops back in the day.

Today, it's a love fest.

Having said all that, from where I sit, Gators are the best team in the nation and the team to beat.
    Orange imo are second best.
    Maybe Kansas third, or Sparty, Zona team is a fraud.
    Points Awarded:

Jago2008 gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

where in CT you live nasher?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Cold as hell here in Ct. today, icy, great day to crack open a 24 pack and watch NCAAB hoops, get caught up on all the conferences.

The refs don't let them play anymore.

Guy driving down the lane, blows by defender, defender barely gives ball handler a love tap on the wrist in an attempt to steal or strip, that's a foul.

Minor, barely noticiable hand check, that's a foul.

Like 12 - 16 times a game.

NBA died when Jordan left, Rodman and Lambier and the Laker enforcers of the 80's would not survive today's game.

I'm UConn guy, old school Big East the refs let them play, Georgetown was physical, Pitt used to bruise, Big East was real hoops back in the day.

Today, it's a love fest.

Having said all that, from where I sit, Gators are the best team in the nation and the team to beat.
    Orange imo are second best.
    Maybe Kansas third, or Sparty, Zona team is a fraud.
    Funny part about the old Pitt teams is that the coach of Zona is all about that style of play, as he was a part of it during the glory days of physical big east ball. It is an interesting dynamic out here, because he gets a lot of California soft kids that aren't ready for the culture change that is his style of coaching and his style of play.

One of the reasons he is so successful out here is due to the fact that he demands a physical style of play in a very finesse conference.

Keep thinking Zona is a fraud. Love reading it like you wouldn't believe.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

How bout' my San Diego St. Aztecs, Boise State was their trap game, but they have the propensity to win close games this year. Did not expect this however.

They can tie their longest winning streak at 20 tonight against Nevada.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

different conferences have different ref styles
    virgina/pitt game they let them play
    lasalle/st. louis game i thought was officiated very well
    worst is a gonzaga home game or duke home game, lots of home cooking

GHSCREW
    Where did Kemba Go?
    GHSCREW's Avatar Become A Pro!

glastonbury represent

stevenash

Fairfield here, home of the crappy Stags, they suck, but they try.

SCSU can ball a little, Sacred Heart should give up the sport all together.
    Yale? Stick to hockey boys.

We churn out LLWS teams every year though, but different sport.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Funny part about the old Pitt teams is that the coach of Zona is all about that style of play, as he was a part of it during the glory days of physical big east ball. It is an interesting dynamic out here, because he gets a lot of California soft kids that aren't ready for the culture change that is his style of coaching and his style of play.

One of the reasons he is so successful out here is due to the fact that he demands a physical style of play in a very finesse conference.

Keep thinking Zona is a fraud. Love reading it like you wouldn't believe.
    OK, fraud is a little harsh, don't think they will be standing in the final four.
    Wichita is a fraud, Zona, I take that back

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Agreed. Basketball today is so controlled by the refs that they do not let the players play anymore. I just watched Suns/Warriors a while ago, Jermaine just watched Dragic fell down because of slippery floor and O'neal was called for a foul. It's like they should call a foul every time a player was bumped or fell down.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I disagree for the most part. I love me some street ball but that's for the streets. A foul is a foul. It's boring and slows the game down but it's how the game should be reffed.