EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Longest Delay in Book Correcting Grading Error

What's your longest? I have to say most books get it done quick - like same night within an hour and two at most.

Error made grading a live bet from the Broncos-Colts game on Sunday Night though and still waiting.

It's Thursday and their last response says it is still in review with the quality management team. This is not a large sum of money mind you, so I'm not exactly put out by it - but I don't really see how it can take days to figure out your mistake. I even sent them the boxscore and PxP that includes the info they need. Hell, I've probably done more work than they have ...

What's your longest turnaround to get a grading error corrected?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not an error but back for SB XLV, I bet the under on the National Anthem, the one Cristina Aguiliera fukked up. They took two days leaving it pending before grading everyone a winner.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

2 days on Bovada. I think it was a player prop but I'm not sure. it was a while back.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Mine is also not a correction on a grading error, but it took 5dimes about a week and a half to payout on my "New Zealand to win the 2013 Rugby Championship" bet. I had to talk to them about it twice.

It may be pretty tough to solve a live-bet issue.

I hope your book gets it sorted out for you.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I've actually never had a grading error.

EaglesPhan36

It really shouldn't be when I send them all the documentation they need to grade it. I do that every time I have a bet graded wrong, so the books have no excuse but their own lazyness. I think they're hoping I just leave it alone so they don't have to do work on it, but I'm contacting them every other day until they pay me. Just the principle of getting what I am paying for. Obviously if a losing play got graded a loss, I wouldn't say a thing - but you know damn well they would have that sorted out quick.

EaglesPhan36

I need to start giving odds on the actual resolution date.

Right now, I'd have to say O/U 7 days, Over -1000

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

You were not the only one making this wager...if they really had a problem re-grading this bet, I bet they would of had many unhappy customers right now. Something tells me that for whatever reason they're just fukking with your particular acct....what that reason is remains a big fukking mystery.

Call them everyday - that's all you can really do here....and/or move your money elsewhere.

gl

EaglesPhan36

That's what I'm doing. Like I said, it's really small change because I was just fukking around with small bets on these live drive props ... but the principle is what drives me. They take your money in a flash of a second on a losing bet, so when you get a winner, you expect to get paid promptly as well. I've had a couple grading errors with this book before and they resolved them quickly and easily. So why this is taking so long is baffling.

EaglesPhan36

Felt it was fair for me to post a resolution to this and thank Stephen who inquired about my issue through Betonline's SBR handle.

Resolution is I am not getting paid for what I still think is an incorrect grade of a prop, but I was told what they have as the bet and I don't think it was correct, but without a screen shot of the bet as I made it - there is no point to going around in circles for a very small payout.

The bet as I had it was on the 12th Drive of the Broncos-Colts game. 1st official play (1st play that is not a penalty), I played both Completed Pass +220 and Any Other Outcome +220. They said the third option in this bet cluster was the play results in a Run. I swear it was a Run for a Loss.

The resulting play was a six yard run after the 1st play was a penalty. So the Completed Pass prop was correctly graded a loss, but I had my Any Other Outcome as a Win. Since they claimed the third option the bet was against was just a running play, they grade it a loss. I don't see how the odds would have been just +220 if I am betting ANY OTHER OUTCOME vs. either a run or a pass as their manager explained it to me. Basically, that bet would be betting on a fumble or INT or I suppose an incomplete pass. Odds of +220 would not be anything close to what that sort of prop would need to be to play and I would not even have thrown any money on it. So it is what it is.

Again since I was just screwing around with $10 and $20 plays on these sort of things to see how good I was at guessing, I am not gonna waste more time on it. Moral of the story I guess is take screen shots when you make live betting plays. Disappointed anything like this takes five days to resolve without an extra push from the right person.

Again, thanks to Stephen for pushing this to a conclusion. Also will say this is not the normal experience I have had with Betonline, so I am not knocking them as a whole because I like the book. Just a goofy experience with a :meh: resolution.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 10-26-13 at 02:28 PM.