TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How Can You Have A Sports Conversation With Someone Who Doesn't Gamble? Impossible.

Have you ever had a sports conversation with a guy at work... or someone who knows EVERYTHING ABOUT SPORTS but never laid a dollar in his life on a game? I hate those people. I always want to punch them out. I'm like buddy if you know so much and you're so right... then put your money where your mouth is. All my bros who talk sports and have action I respect... we know all the sh#$ that goes down in these games.

I know there are some funny stories out there... I'd like to hear some. It's Friday night... not going out fellas. Let me hear some funny ones.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I just usually have small talk with non gamblers about sports

Even gamblers I do not talk much

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I talk to some of my friends that know sports, but not a lot. It's the best access to "The Public" you can get. Like a good degen, I got them hooked now so they are starting to gamble more. It's funny when you go on a rant about travel or ATS or some advanced stat and they look at you like you just spoke Mandarin.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I spend more time talking to non-gamblers than gamblers.

Far less paranoia involved.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lakerboy

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I don't have a problem talking to some non-gamblers

There are sports fan who don't gamble and are highly intelligent about sports and those that are not.

There are gamblers that are highly intelligent about sports and those that are not.

A guy who consistently posts negative unit plays is about as useful as a non-intelligent casual sports fan.

Some sports fans love sports, but feel betting on sports isn't pure to the game or whatever.

Also, you never know if that casual sports fan, actually bets on games and doesn't talk about it.

Having a sports conversation with a guy like Bradley Snyder or Brock Landers is about as useful as having a sports conversation with a woman. No relevant insight from either group.

I like Brock, but he doesn't usually win.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the worst bettors are better informed then the smartest fan.