Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

One day he will meet his maker.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I know this guy did it but not premeditated. I think it's one of the heated of the moments thing and people got killed. This is why he's so humble, praising and constantly asking for forgiveness. Will God will forgive this guy if he doesn't confess to his crimes, I don't know. Heck, people in the US military accidentally kill innocent people all the time not intentionally. Maybe Lewis does deserves a pass because 100x a better man now. Why would Peyton Manning embrace a murderer.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

what was lewis's testimony anyway????

those 2 got off and someone had to of done it

If lewis did it wouldn't they say he did or someone besides the family victims and newspapers?

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

yes he did, im glad hes leaving

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Was this thread bumped from 13 years ago?
    Did you guys know that MIchael Jackson is dead too.
    Oswald shot Kennedy.
    "Kennedy's dead?"

It's 2013.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.
    Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.
    "I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo.
    He didn't. For his punishment, Lewis received one year of probation and a $250,000 fine by the NFL.
    Lewis declined to comment when asked about the subject Thursday by USA TODAY Sports. Messages left for agents and attorneys representing him were not returned. Oakley, recently living in Atlanta, didn't return messages seeking comment. A relative of Sweeting, living in Miami, hung up when reached by USA TODAY Sports. And the prosecutor, Paul Howard, declined a request to be interviewed.
    Said Lewis: "You want to talk to me about something

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Ray Lewis.... Hypocrite;
    a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or
    religion. 2. : a person who
    acts in contradiction to his or her stated
    beliefs or feelings.

Ray....spare me the posturing and proselytizing...
    Very soon you can return to your
    chosen profession....that of murderer.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Ray Lewis.... Hypocrite;
    a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or
    religion. 2. : a person who
    acts in contradiction to his or her stated
    beliefs or feelings.

You just described the ingredients of every "successful" politician in the USA.........

Welcome to America...............

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You just described the ingredients of every "successful" politician in the USA.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Ray Lewis...An unconvicted MURDERER!!

Money talks...Ray, the MURDERER, walks.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Those prosecutors are just as big of dogs for doing a deal to begin with...

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Ray Lewis...An unconvicted MURDERER!!

Money talks...Ray, the MURDERER, walks.
    But the US military and police Officer get away with these kind of things all the time, they just call it justifiable homicide. Lewis did something in the heat of the moment to defend himself. I'm certain the victims instigated the situation also. Lewis probably got away with killing, but he's no Jefferey Dahmer or Ted Bundy who doesn't feel the victims pain. The guy is going to help a lot of young people in the long term. After seeing how humble he was after that win in Denver, I finally thought for the first time, this guy is not that bad of a person.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[36]
    Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[37] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[38] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[39] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.
    Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000 on the basis of self-defense.[40][41] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.
    On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[40]

There you have it .

It was acquitted and ruled self defense on the 2 suspected murderers Oakley and Sweeting..........

They defended themselves so the reason for death was solved..........

They could not afford a "Dream team" of Lawyers so if the law could of thrown the book at them the law would have done so.............

How can Ray Lewis be guilty for murder when he was not a suspect and the death was ruled self defense to boot?

This was no different than a "Gang fight" that happens every hour of every day except it involved someone famous...

We all know how the public loves to see the famous hung if they fart to loud in public.........

This is not even in the same solar system compared to OJ
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave PAULYPOKER 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

coop gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

19th Hole

[QUOTE=frostno98;17493310]But the US military and police Officer get away with these kind of things all the time, they just call it justifiable homicide. Lewis did something in the heat of the moment to defend himself. I'm certain the victims instigated the situation also. Lewis probably got away with killing, but he's no Jefferey Dahmer or Ted Bundy who doesn't feel the victims pain. The guy is going to help a lot of young people in the long term. After seeing how humble he was after that win in Denver, I finally thought for the first time, this guy is not that bad of a person.[/QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You looking for work?..SNL needs a comedy writer..

Idi Amin killed many people, but he was no Hiltler. WTF

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I finally thought for the first time, this guy is not that bad of a person.
    if killing people is not "bad", what do you think is bad?

lying? cheating? stealing?

people fry for that, man
    Last edited by face; 01-15-13 at 05:42 AM.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

shoulda got the death penalty

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

he got away with murder. that happens sometimes

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

He threw away his bloody suit so obviously he felt guilty
    Murder trial

Following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000, a fight broke out between Lewis and his companions and another group of people, resulting in the stabbing deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were questioned by Atlanta police, and 11 days later the three men were indicted on murder and aggravated-assault charges. The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found. Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard alleged the blood-stained suit was dumped in a garbage bin outside a fast food restaurant.[36]
    Lewis' attorneys, Don Samuel and Ed Garland, of the Atlanta law firm Garland, Samuel & Loeb, negotiated a plea agreement with Howard, where the murder charges against Lewis were dismissed in exchange for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting,[37] and his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.[12] Lewis admitted he gave a misleading statement to police on the morning after the killings. Superior Court Judge Alice D. Bonner sentenced Lewis to 12 months' probation, the maximum sentence for a first-time offender,[38] and he was fined $250,000 by the NFL, which was believed to be the highest fine levied against an NFL player for an infraction not involving substance abuse.[39] Under the terms of the sentence, Lewis could not use drugs or alcohol during the duration of the probation.
    Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000 on the basis of self-defense.[40][41] No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.
    On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family.[40]

There you have it .

It was acquitted and ruled self defense on the 2 suspected murderers Oakley and Sweeting..........

They defended themselves so the reason for death was solved..........

They could not afford a "Dream team" of Lawyers so if the law could of thrown the book at them the law would have done so.............

How can Ray Lewis be guilty for murder when he was not a suspect and the death was ruled self defense to boot?

This was no different than a "Gang fight" that happens every hour of every day except it involved someone famous...

We all know how the public loves to see the famous hung if they fart to loud in public.........

This is not even in the same solar system compared to OJ

philippe61
    Update your status
    philippe61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Lewis = best linebacker to play the game if he wasn't charged get over it its been 13 years

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Self defense? An NFL linebacker and his two friends were attacked by an artist and a barber, and they needed to kill for self defense?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I always assumed he did. At least the victim's family got paid by Lewis.

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I know this guy did it but not premeditated. I think it's one of the heated of the moments thing and people got killed. This is why he's so humble, praising and constantly asking for forgiveness. Will God will forgive this guy if he doesn't confess to his crimes, I don't know. Heck, people in the US military accidentally kill innocent people all the time not intentionally. Maybe Lewis does deserves a pass because 100x a better man now. Why would Peyton Manning embrace a murderer.
    What proof do you have? I find it hard to believe that he did anything except lie to save someone close to him from going to jail. For anyone, especially many on this website who enjoy being racist because they think it's funny, the karma is actually on you. I hope one day you can stop labeling people and maybe you will have more positive things to say about others. I wish you well...

pouyasophy

Exactly...bunch of haters who lost money on Peyton Manning...what? did you actually think Peyton Manning was gonna win another Super Bowl? His only Super Bowl was won because he played Rex Grossman.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I always assumed he did. At least the victim's family got paid by Lewis.
    Broncos lost you money so Ray Lewis is a murderer...

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Lol Ray Lewis is a fukkin nark, no respect for him outside of football.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

now they are going to make him a analyst on tv, ???? there is a serious disconnect here, he's found GOD, has six kids with four different women, great role model

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

One of the most damning things for Ray Lewis is how marked his transformation into a God fearing man has been. Usually the more zealous Christian you become the worse you were before you were saved.

Can I get an Amen?

cards2013
    cards2013's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

well noone is perfect, but get away with it?

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I do not like is the announcers and media kissing his ass.

Citing him as a leader, all the interviews. He should be ignored. IGNORED other than on the field.

Yes, a good linbacker, for awhile a great one.

IMO they should have kept him out of the limelight but instead made him a hero all these yrs... like he was a goddam role model and all that... give me a break. Sickening.

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I cant stand Lewis...Biggest fraud in sports claiming to be a Christian...preaching this preaching that...MURDERER!!

Hope Brady carves Lewis and that defense up next week...he doesn't deserve another Super Bowl ring!!!

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I live in Akron. It's a thug ass town two dudes got shitty with some other dudes they was going to rep the 330 and got killed. Thanks brothers for reppin. Don't blame the winner of the fights pucies. The losers start the MFers most of the time. You out, you get into it, you lose, tough shit blood, don't be a bigger pucie and get the law involved. You get shot and killed or stabbed don't hate the player hate the game bieotch! Keep dancing Ray you da' best. Love thy brother
    Points Awarded:

Darkside Magick gave ZINISTER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

$$ rules the world...he is no different than 99.9 percent of christians and catholics....

preach but the last thing they do is practice what they preach....

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Ray lewis is a stabber!!!!!!

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i dont get all the hate for the guy....sure hes a little over the top turning himself into a character...but in the end no one will ever forget him....hes made sure hell still make money when hes done with football.....anyone remember what happened to his college roommate marlin barnes? or what happened to bryan pata....those guys down at the U are marked men...and there are some crazy ass thugs down there

123 Last