William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Let's all take a step back for a moment and rethink our positions on SBR/BI

Listen up boys..........I'm in agreement that BI Jon is a liar..........and apparently a scumbag. I'm also in the camp that believes SBR knew about serious issues at BI and kept silent for a period of time (due to the business relationship) hoping that somehow BI would find a new backer and everybody would save face. I'm also somebody who posted up at BI. I'm irritated.............I believe SBR could/should have done more to protect it's posters.

With the above in mind........let's all put on our big boy pants and get real about a few things.

1. SBR is a business........this site is here to generate income. The entertainment and info we all gain from this site is just part of the business plan/structure.

2. Those of us living in the U.S..........and sending money offshore for gambling purposes.........are fully aware that not only is our money always at some risk, but that we are......at the very least......pushing the limits of gambling laws.

3. We're not all here participating on a website to feed the hungry or cure disease..........we're here among thousands of other gamblers willingly partaking in an industry that's known to be more than a little bit dirty.

None of the above excuses anything that went down at BI......nor the role that SBR may have played in it. I'm simply stating that to point the finger solely at SBR without looking in the mirror and admitting that the person staring back at you was fully aware of the inherent risks involved with offshore gambling.............is unfair and being dishonest with ones self.

I hope that the SBR community is able to move forward from this as I for one enjoy my time here and find the many characters to be more than a little entertaining.

I'm not looking to debate this post all night.......I have a wife & kids at home that are too important to me to spend my evening poking away at a keyboard. I simply wanted to voice my opinion.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Absolute truth by OP

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I'm pretty sure Kris Humphries is half black

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Good point smoke
    Points Awarded:

Smoke gave WvGambler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26713

i would agree with everything the op said it is a dirty business and yes we have to look in the mirror but ESPECIALLY you guys who are pro who give this site extra money than they already receive from their affiliate deals, sbr knew what was going on. this has been public knowledge in costa rica that bet islands was broke for over a month, but yet sbr allowed the posters (their customers) to deposit money in a dead book. its a pure scumbag move they led people to the slaughterhouse right before christmas. when people could have used money that they deposited and lost, not by losing their bets but by betislands running with their money. people could have bought more christmas gifts for their kids or do whatever they chose to do with that money but sbr let a crook run with it. im very disgusted with what is going on here. watchdog haha

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

That's all fine and good, but I cannot tolerate or take lightly lies,cover-ups, and half-truths.....Not to mention what allabout the $$$ just said

I didn't even lose any money in this but I feel awful for those that did.....Someone needs to come out and disclose everything, it's the least they could do for 1.5 mil of stolen money.....

MiAMiEDDY
    MiAMiEDDY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Agreed.. I cant help but think about what happen with ASTRO a couple months ago.. I never condoned his actions but I didn't bash him over it either. I for one know how shady this industry is and how often the big guys have the upper hand against us. This whole decable is just another example to me. So when one of us got a little payback everyone bashed the kid as if the ppl running these online gaming sites are saints. Unfortunately, this isnt the first and probably not the last time some sh*t like this goes down. I feel for the ppl that had many tied up in there, I can understand their frustration but this is a great reason to do your best and find a decent local and give up on this shady online gaming cra.p until its legit in the states. If I learned anything from this and SBR's take on issues like this is, Every man for themselves and like JJ would say " Business as usual guys"
    Points Awarded:

paranoyd androyd gave MiAMiEDDY 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paranoyd androyd

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Well said, WW.

Now on with the mob...

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    That's all fine and good, but I cannot tolerate or take lightly lies,cover-ups, and half-truths.....Not to mention what allabout the $$$ just said

I didn't even lose any money in this but I feel awful for those that did.....Someone needs to come out and disclose everything, it's the least they could do for 1.5 mil of stolen money.....
    thanks for the back up there MLD but now onto serious business dont forget jets dont finish over 500 you owe me a dinner in ac baby

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're points are correct but SBR used to be a watchdog and now they are a business?

I would have liked to know when they officially changed their stance.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sammy is not being flippant when he quotes Hyman Roth (Godfather II) "This is the business we've chosen..."

Also in defense of SBR the Kenny Boy Defense

If John had said something earlier it would've made a bad situation worse and probably killed any chance of BI making a come-back

Last edited by Sam Odom; 12-19-12 at 06:31 PM.

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

I don't accept the premise that betting offshore is shady and therefore reject most of what your saying. You are probably American and therefore think that nothing that happens outside your borders could be legitimate

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    thanks for the back up there MLD but now onto serious business dont forget jets dont finish over 500 you owe me a dinner in ac baby
    Yes I do pal.....8-8 was a push though, correct?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cliff notes please

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by harvesters View Post

I don't accept the premise that betting offshore is shady...

Come-on !

This whole biz is built on being in the dark

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

id like sbr to handle this better myself, even tho i never used bet islands. they are acting like this is a hangnail when in reality one of their fingers has been chopped off.

walters is right about people looking in the mirror but sbr also needs to do something, even if its wrong at this point.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Cliff notes please
    Willy Walters blowing Sbr John .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er, 5mike5, and Delicious

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kris Humphries is half black

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

glad i never used bet islands

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

im not defending sbr but wasnt betislands only a B book?

that basically is telling you that they felt there were better options out there, seems like players would have more gripe if they were pimping an A rating to someone who didnt deserve it.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

I agree with walters here

that's why I only post up money I am willing to live without

any amount of money i have in a book I will get pissed if screwed over

but it is never enough to effect my life at all

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Will, I agree with that.

The problem I have was with the shitty way SBR responded.

I would be their biggest defender had they just announced "Hey guys, there are problems with BI, stop depositing there. Jon is a thief, and we are sorry we were ever in business with him. We will try to get your money back, but we have no guarantees."

That is all that is/should be required of SBR.

Of course there is inherent risk with tatt'd up 20 something's surrounded by large sums of cash.

But SBR failed in their response. That is my gripe with them.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Who gives a fukk

Pump them hammies!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Smoke

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    I agree with walters here

that's why I only post up money I am willing to live without

any amount of money i have in a book I will get pissed if screwed over

but it is never enough to effect my life at all
    Volume 2 material right there!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Will, I agree with that.

The problem I have was with the shitty way SBR responded.

I would be their biggest defender had they just announced "Hey guys, there are problems with BI, stop depositing there. Jon is a thief, and we are sorry we were ever in business with him. We will try to get your money back, but we have no guarantees."

That is all that is/should be required of SBR.

Of course there is inherent risk with tatt'd up 20 something's surrounded by large sums of cash.

But SBR failed in their response. That is my gripe with them.
    That would be ideal. But all the people with large amounts of cash there would have flipped a shit, knowing that they would NEVER see a dime after SBR makes a claim like that.

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1815

Guess you didn't lose any money. Good for you.

Now please phuck off.

Smoke

there's soo much to it

more will keep coming out as well

first time i saw that MilMike video of the dad laughing nuts

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    That would be ideal. But all the people with large amounts of cash there would have flipped a shit, knowing that they would NEVER see a dime after SBR makes a claim like that.
    TTO... you are right. Players would have flipped. But SBR would have maintained a degree of honesty and respect, and certainly a hell of a lot more support than they have right now.

The board is in open revolt. So much so, the 3 big dogs have virtually disappeared today.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

TTO... you are right. Players would have flipped. But SBR would have maintained a degree of honesty and respect, and certainly a hell of a lot more support than they have right now.

The board is in open revolt. So much so, the 3 big dogs have virtually disappeared today.
    Sbr getting plenty of traffic though I am sure!

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

cheers

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

No doubt, lose/lose situation for SBR. They may not have taken the best approach, that's for sure, but when stuck between a rock and a hard place......

I haven't seen a book collapse before (I know it happens just never been involved in any way). And I had never deposited at BI, I think the anger in people is clouding their judgement on the issue somewhat. People can go for tattoo num-nut Jon's head immediately, but before turning on SBR I think more of a wait and see approach is needed.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Listen up boys..........I'm in agreement that BI Jon is a liar..........and apparently a scumbag. I'm also in the camp that believes SBR knew about serious issues at BI and kept silent for a period of time (due to the business relationship) hoping that somehow BI would find a new backer and everybody would save face. I'm also somebody who posted up at BI. I'm irritated.............I believe SBR could/should have done more to protect it's posters.

With the above in mind........let's all put on our big boy pants and get real about a few things.

1. SBR is a business........this site is here to generate income. The entertainment and info we all gain from this site is just part of the business plan/structure.

2. Those of us living in the U.S..........and sending money offshore for gambling purposes.........are fully aware that not only is our money always at some risk, but that we are......at the very least......pushing the limits of gambling laws.

3. We're not all here participating on a website to feed the hungry or cure disease..........we're here among thousands of other gamblers willingly partaking in an industry that's known to be more than a little bit dirty.

None of the above excuses anything that went down at BI......nor the role that SBR may have played in it. I'm simply stating that to point the finger solely at SBR without looking in the mirror and admitting that the person staring back at you was fully aware of the inherent risks involved with offshore gambling.............is unfair and being dishonest with ones self.

I hope that the SBR community is able to move forward from this as I for one enjoy my time here and find the many characters to be more than a little entertaining.

I'm not looking to debate this post all night.......I have a wife & kids at home that are too important to me to spend my evening poking away at a keyboard. I simply wanted to voice my opinion.

willy, here's my problem with premise of your post, keeping in mind you're an A rated poster in my book.

common sense dictates (ethics aside obviously) that when an issue arises between an affiliate book paying John 10k per month to advertise and a player paying John $200/year, John is going to side with whichever side that represents his best interest ($$$). Even Smoke can figure this one out.

This is an undeniable conflict at the heart of his business and one that isn't going away. John can't collect the kind of money he is from books and be impartial in the arbitration process. Which means he's not all in as a player advocate. sBR and John have moved past advocating for players with affiliate books and realized that SBR marketing, his bread and butter, is much more profitable.

Now if we can accept that and move past the fantasy that they're here to represent us, we can get back to an entertaining forum and sharing info amongst ourselves.

But don't be fooled where SBRs interest lie.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i honestly don't give a fukk

SBR works for me. I use SBR as a tool to make money

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Yes I do pal.....8-8 was a push though, correct?

absolutely correct my brother

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    willy, here's my problem with premise of your post, keeping in mind you're an A rated poster in my book.

common sense dictates (ethics aside obviously) that when an issue arises between an affiliate book paying John 10k per month to advertise and a player paying John $200/year, John is going to side with whichever side that represents his best interest ($$$). Even Smoke can figure this one out.

This is an undeniable conflict at the heart of his business and one that isn't going away. John can't collect the kind of money he is from books and be impartial in the arbitration process. Which means he's not all in as a player advocate. sBR and John have moved past advocating for players with affiliate books and realized that SBR marketing, his bread and butter, is much more profitable.

Now if we can accept that and move past the fantasy that they're here to represent us, we can get back to an entertaining forum and sharing info amongst ourselves.

But don't be fooled where SBRs interest lie.
    Kraken............what I've bolded above isn't news to any adult who understands the first thing about business. It's actually my point...........the above isn't breaking news...........instead..........should be common knowledge to any and every person that posts up at an SBR sponsored book. Like my original post says............SBR is a business first.........a watch dog second (more importantly....when conducive to business). May not be what people want to here, but when push comes to shove........SBR is what it is.

12 Last