Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Here is a safe prediction:

UK will not have the starting 5 all go pro after this season.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Kentucky does not look good. They will be good by the end of the year, but they are not title contenders and they are going to lose their whole team to the nba next year. They might be overhyped for a long time to go unless calipari starts recruiting some people that will stick around a few years.

The only thing you can say in defense of Kentucky is that the Irish don't lose at home. They are unreal in that arena, just never ever bet against them on their home court. They always find a way to win there.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by good_money View Post
    Thats how most colleges work. Get the big name coach so he can get the big name players. Look at Arkansas trying to get Les Miles. Or Tennessee and John Gruden.
    Speaking of that, wtf was Arkansas thinking? That's like the Cal Bears trying to get Lane Kiffen or Kansas trying to get Stoops or Navy trying to get Chip Kelly. Could you imagine what Les Miles told this guys? I'm guessing it was something like "Come on maaaaaaaaan, you are seriously asking me to come to Ar - Kansas? I'm the head football coach at LS fukin U dude?"

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    Kentucky does not look good. They will be good by the end of the year, but they are not title contenders and they are going to lose their whole team to the nba next year. They might be overhyped for a long time to go unless calipari starts recruiting some people that will stick around a few years.

The only thing you can say in defense of Kentucky is that the Irish don't lose at home. They are unreal in that arena, just never ever bet against them on their home court. They always find a way to win there.
    Nah, they are the front runners to win it all in 2013. The class that they a bringing in is a monster. Possibly the best I have ever seen.

Andrew Wiggins is the best non NBA player on the planet. He could play in college right now, and contend for National Player of the Year. Kid is the next superstar. And that class doesn't even stop there. James Young is a one and done NBA talent. Add the Harrison's and it is stupid good.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Speaking of that, wtf was Arkansas thinking? That's like the Cal Bears trying to get Lane Kiffen or Kansas trying to get Stoops or Navy trying to get Chip Kelly. Could you imagine what Les Miles told this guys? I'm guessing it was something like "Come on maaaaaaaaan, you are seriously asking me to come to Ar - Kansas? I'm the head football coach at LS fukin U dude?"
    And Ar-Kansas replied with a stupid dollar amount.

What is the old expression? Money talks, bullshit walks.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    The guy is not a great coach. He is a great recruiter and manager of talent. But unless his team is loaded, top to bottom with NBA talent - he struggles. Always has, always will.

I will say it again. Worst UK team since he arrived. Noel as the best recruit in the nation was nothing but a joke.

You sir have no idea what you are talking about....lol...Noel will be the #1 pick in this years draft...Goodwin and Poythress will also be lottery picks...the biggest difference this year than others with Cal at UK is we dont have any veteran players returning...last year we have 3 returning players to mesh with the freshmen...all 3 of those players were drafted lol. That makes for a dangerous team which why they won the title. Coach Cal said at the begininng of the year this year's team would take some time. Holla back come March moron.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Wait til march bitches!!!! An next years class is top top elite talent arguably the best recruiting class in the history of college hoops!! Blow me!! Go big blue!! We will be at least a sweet 16 team this year when it's all over!!

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i guess nobody realized notre dame was 40-1 at home going into last nights game...there are very few teams that would have beat them last night...

the better players have helped Calipari become a little bit better coach(still the best recruiter in college)...when he was at memphis, he was whoreshit... you cant be great every year when you lose the talent he does year after year...

RG3ING

If they get rid of the 1 an done rule calipari would be able to go down as one of the elite great coaches ever cause he would win lot of titles being able to keep elite talent for multiple years

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    You sir have no idea what you are talking about....lol...Noel will be the #1 pick in this years draft...Goodwin and Poythress will also be lottery picks...the biggest difference this year than others with Cal at UK is we dont have any veteran players returning...last year we have 3 returning players to mesh with the freshmen...all 3 of those players were drafted lol. That makes for a dangerous team which why they won the title. Coach Cal said at the begininng of the year this year's team would take some time. Holla back come March moron.

lol the guy that Jack Cooley schooled going #1? Hilarious..... you won't play much in March moron

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by RG3ING View Post
    If they get rid of the 1 an done rule calipari would be able to go down as one of the elite great coaches ever cause he would win lot of titles being able to keep elite talent for multiple years

if they get rid of the 1 and done rule, the idiots that Cal can recruit will go pro and the smarter kids will go other places. You're an idiot. Calipari wouldn't be able to improve those guys over multiple years, there ego is too big idiot

RG3ING

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    if they get rid of the 1 and done rule, the idiots that Cal can recruit will go pro and the smarter kids will go other places. You're an idiot. Calipari wouldn't be able to improve those guys over multiple years, there ego is too big idiot
    Oh the clown comes out to talk to some research before you go running ur mouth there trying to make it 2 or 3 yrs min. You would have to qualify to leave for draft u penetrating idiot so all the elite talent would be at Kentucky for multiple yrs an cal does make his teams better every year u see them get better an better thru out the year again why the hell are u commenting on basketball elite shut ur damn mouth an know ur place when true blue blood basketball is being talked shut ur mouth you aren't in the discussion an never will be

TPowell

Oh the clown comes out to talk to some research before you go running ur mouth there trying to make it 2 or 3 yrs min. You would have to qualify to leave for draft u penetrating idiot so all the elite talent would be at Kentucky for multiple yrs an cal does make his teams better every year u see them get better an better thru out the year again why the hell are u commenting on basketball elite shut ur damn mouth an know ur place when true blue blood basketball is being talked shut ur mouth you aren't in the discussion an never will be

if they get rid of the 1 and done rule, players will be going straight from high school you inbred penetrate. Nobody wants to play FOR UK, they just go there because "John Wall and Anthony Davis" did. I feel sorry for you, you ignorant inbred rooster_eater. Is it possible to block this idiot?

RG3ING

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    if they get rid of the 1 and done rule, players will be going straight from high school you inbred penetrate. Nobody wants to play FOR UK, they just go there because "John Wall and Anthony Davis" did. I feel sorry for you, you ignorant inbred rooster_eater. Is it possible to block this idiot?
    You say no one wants to play for UK an I'm the idiot ur a penetrating Moran u pc of garbage please how many national championships y'all got yeah that's what I thought [SCOREBOARD BITCH]!!!

TPowell

You say no one wants to play for UK an I'm the idiot ur a penetrating Moran u pc of garbage please how many national championships y'all got yeah that's what I thought [SCOREBOARD BITCH]!!!
    how was your recruiting under Gillespie and Tubby in his later years white trash? Seriously man, you make me want to leave this state so bad. Such an embarrassment

RG3ING

Really cause they weren't good recruiters everyone knows this when was ur recruiting ever good lol!! Why u changing the subject!! Scoreboard bitch!! Yeah ur a good little bitch now read me the scoreboard bitch

ChalkyDog

This thought actually doesn't translate well.

The problem with being able to "keep players multiple years" is that there wont be room. The blessing Cal has, is that he is able to turn around entire teams and put them into the NBA in short order, allowing for PT to be had - drawing the next class of elite talent.

Under the 2 and done rule - Calipari would be only able to load up every other year. Obviously this assumes the normal 4-5 kid recruiting class per year.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

They will smash baylor.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    They will smash baylor.
    they wouldn't smash Trinity high school

ChalkyDog

Hahaha...

Cheers gents!

ChalkyDog

First time Kentucky has dropped out of the Top 25 since John Calipari's tenure at UK.

Let's hope the books still are giving out juicy lines.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Money talks. If Miles is on 500k at the Tigers, you don't think he'd walk for 800k? (This would be the only way I could see an ambitious bid coming off and even then LSU may well match it).

First 12