IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

I think the criticism of Harden is mostly unfair. They've surrounded him with losers. GM Morey deserves the blame. Over the summer someone on here was trying to convince me he's a genius. They shouldn't have let Parsons walk out of that contract -only now do they realise that character matters...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Harden probably doesn't finish contract in Houston. Maybe I'm wrong. Guy seems happy to get paid and be a star by default. Maybe he doesn't care about winning a 'ship. Maybe he does. All I know is that Houston, as is, won't be able to do it. Though the sad reality of the NBA is that only 6 teams have a real shot most years. Marketing the league's stars is more important than ever because it is difficult to market the league as a whole given the ever increasing disparity between the have and have-nots.

Figure they will try and move Dwight in the near future also. No way they want to spend 20+million on the guy but honestly can't think of who would give up much to take him at that price.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

He is so bad..dont care..i dont bet houston but i watched against nugs and faried plays physical and soon as dwight puts his hands on him he flops and gets a foul...dwight is so dumb..he doesnt care for anything..houston is a mess overall..i could name 10
    Centers in the league at least with way more impact then howard...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

How the hell did he go from being so good to so bad?

Is this a case of big fish small pond in Orlando? Or has he actually lost his game?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Howard is built like a truck.... yet isn't a dominant center. A dominant center doesn't make mistakes around the bucket. He misses easy baskets.

Big deal... he can rebound. Whoop tee do.

I just want to know why the guy takes steroids.... then acts like a fairy on the court?

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    How the hell did he go from being so good to so bad?

Is this a case of big fish small pond in Orlando? Or has he actually lost his game?
    When he showed up in the West, it immediately become apparent that he is more of a power forward b/c he is too undersized, and he has absolutely no offensive skills to be a good power forward. So in essence, he is about as useful as a fifth wheel. Just watch him going against a true center, like DJ or Drummond, and you will see a midget going against a giant.

IBetYou

He hasn't lost his game. He just doesn't want to work anymore. Always reminded me of Alonzo Mourning; an undersized power-player that was v.good on defense. Only Zo had a jump shot -which is so valuable for a centre. DJ is the same as Howard. 5 years from now he will be in the same boat.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Dwight still good. Has some domestic issues. Pulled the injury card last yr to avoid the front page

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guys like Harden and Howard do not care about winning as they always are laughing and smiling after the games it's why you can't have him on your team they are cancers

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Howard is a good player.

Houston plays too up tempo, never feed the ball in the post to him.

As a result, it appears as though his game has declined.

I would say that Houston is full of low iq players like Harden, Terrence Jones, Lawson, Brewer...

Howard needs to be surrounded by smart players that can recognize when he has a matchup advantage over a Cody Zeller or Robin Lopez.....

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Howard is a good player.

I would say that Houston is full of low iq players like Harden, Terrence Jones, Lawson, Brewer...

Howard needs to be surrounded by smart players that can recognize when he has a matchup advantage over a Cody Zeller or Robin Lopez.....
    Knock it off Goat. Yea sure Howard can still rebound and defend but his offensive game never developed and now injuries and deteriorating skills are beginning to catch up to him.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Knock it off Goat. Yea sure Howard can still rebound and defend but his offensive game never developed and now injuries and deteriorating skills are beginning to catch up to him.
    I don't think Howard is injured right now tbh.

Howard isn't that great on offense but he can still expose a lot of centers in the NBA that don't have his combination of size and quickness. I.e. Robin Lopez and other bums that play center in the NBA....

Not saying he needs to be the main guy, but when you don't get the ball, in whatever sport you play, you're simply not gonna give your all.

I don't think Howard cares if he averages like 12 and 10, he just wants the team to recognize that sometimes he needs to get the ball when a scrub d-levelesque player is guarding him. Harden is oblivious, guy still looks at the floor when he dribbles.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Howard is a good player.

Howard is junk. San Antonio didn't even want him. Just a clumsy fuk.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Howard is junk. San Antonio didn't even want him. Just a clumsy fuk.
    Why would San Antonio want Howard?

Tim Duncan is 38 years old obviously he's not gonna be guarding PFs anymore, beacuse quite simply, he can't.

Playing center in the NBA is 10 times easier than playing PF.

Which is why Pop made that switch with Duncan.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I think the criticism of Harden is mostly unfair. They've surrounded him with losers. GM Morey deserves the blame. Over the summer someone on here was trying to convince me he's a genius. They shouldn't have let Parsons walk out of that contract -only now do they realise that character matters...
    Yes, the same team that went to the Western Conference Finals last season, is all of a sudden filled with losers. This is why this board is filled with a lot of loser betters. Too much overreacting. BTW - The Rockets never made it out of the first round with Parsons and neither has the Mavs.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

I don't think Howard is injured right now tbh.

Howard isn't that great on offense but he can still expose a lot of centers in the NBA that don't have his combination of size and quickness. I.e. Robin Lopez and other bums that play center in the NBA....

Not saying he needs to be the main guy, but when you don't get the ball, in whatever sport you play, you're simply not gonna give your all.

I don't think Howard cares if he averages like 12 and 10, he just wants the team to recognize that sometimes he needs to get the ball when a scrub d-levelesque player is guarding him. Harden is oblivious, guy still looks at the floor when he dribbles.
    I agree with some of what you say. I think for some reason, this team doesn't feed Howard nearly enough. I really think Harden would be a championship level player if the offense went through Howard first.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Yes, the same team that went to the Western Conference Finals last season, is all of a sudden filled with losers. This is why this board is filled with a lot of loser betters. Too much overreacting. BTW - The Rockets never made it out of the first round with Parsons and neither has the Mavs.
    The Rockets are the Chelsea of the NBA. It's quite unbelievable and illogical really.

A bit unfair on Parsons - he didn't even really play in that series last year. It is tough to envision them winning a series soon though, even if I'll admit I'm secretly dreaming of a first round matchup with the Clippers where Dirk hits the game winner in game 7 in DeAndre's face

Goat Milk

Think about it like this though:

Once you take Howard off the rockets (which it seems like he is right now because he's clearly not trying his hardest for reasons unknown to us, but we can only assume it's the locker room), the rockets become a below average team. I mean you take out one of the best big men in basketball off your team....it's not the same team. They also lost Josh Smith which may not seem big, but don't forget that Josh Smith and Dwight Howard have been great friends since High School. Smith gave Howard a running mate -- someone who he trusted, could confide in, someone that motivated him to come play every day. Because even when things go bad, when your friend is playing a sport with you on the same team, your both gonna bring your all.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Howard is the biggest bitch that ever put an nba uniform on. Always complaining, whining, and blaming coaches or other players for the lack of production/wins, when all he has to do is look in the mirror. It's no wonder that whenever he he traded somewhere that team immediately has internal problems. He is a cancer to every team he has played for and an embarrassment to the game. It won't ever stop either because he gets to act like a jerkoff every year and still finds teams dumb enough to take the bait.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

With his Salary how can someone shoot 53% from ft line and still be in league?
    Its like get your ass in the gym and shoot free throws all day if thats what it takes.
    Clearly this asshole relies on natural talent and doesn't work hard at all. Fuk Him!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Points Awarded:

Seto gave t-wizzle 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RyleeCashflow

IBetYou

What a stupid comment. They had a different team last season. Overreacting you say? They're 12-14. McHale is gone, for good -he aint on holiday. Lawson is a car crash. Howard wants out. Take your head out of your @$$. The board is filled with loser bettors because everyone here's a fan that can't think objectively.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

there's one play this amped up "superman" has down "PAT"...... OR IS IT "DOWN GRAB" ?????

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

You can always tell who knows the game of basketball vs who follows the narratives of basketball by the responses about any given topic. The Dwight Howard Narrative that he simply sucks or is not Shaq...is and was created by the media...largely in part because he pissed off the Orlando brass when he left Orlando and he challenged Kobe...Ever since Kobe used his pending retirement to masquerade his piss poor play on the court..the NBA has now decided to milk Kobe's farewell tour for all it is worth and has green lighted the Dwight Howard narrative as a way to completely erase Kobe's poor showing on the court from public memory

Dwight missed free throws and is not a full back to the basket center but his defense bailed out those Laker teams time and time again..and was frozen out of the offense by a shooting guard who refuse to pass him the ball...the his injuries left him a shell of his former self...Dwight was never that skilled...he was however...Athletically gifted...Things were better in Houston..and he was the reason they got to the Western Conference Finals last year...Harden was the reason they did not get to the finals...Harden was the reason for the poor start this year....and Harden was the reason Mchale was fired as well...and anybody who has been watching knows it....It has nothing to do with Dwight...who only plays every other night because his body has broken down...and when he does play...does not touch the ball...as the Rockets no longer have a set offense...Harden has taken over the entire offensive set..and simply ISO's when ever the hell he feels like it....

He has every right to want to leave that team...they are what the Lakers were in 2012...Dwight has never been more than what he is...a defensive presence who can give you 10 boards and a little bit of scoring provided he is included in the offense. But in a league where centers are no longer included, this is becoming increasingly difficult..and with his injuries..not sure how effective Dwight can be....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Houston wins tonight

Bounce back

IBetYou

But in a league where centers are no longer included, this is becoming increasingly difficult

You talk of clumsy media narratives and then you go and say that lol. Is Lopez involved for the Nets? Cousins for the Kings? Vucevic for the Magic? Duncan for the Spurs? Gasol for the Bulls? These centres have skill so they're involved. The great centres of the 90s would still be great today, and Howard would still be Howard if he were in the 90s.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    But in a league where centers are no longer included, this is becoming increasingly difficult

You talk of clumsy media narratives and then you go and say that lol. Is Lopez involved for the Nets? Cousins for the Kings? Vucevic for the Magic? Duncan for the Spurs? Gasol for the Bulls? These centres have skill so they're involved. The great centres of the 90s would still be great today, and Howard would still be Howard if he were in the 90s.
    And why are they involved? Cousins is shooting 3's and Rondo barely shoots...Duncan despite being a role player now is still included in the offense...Vucevic is coached by Skiles, who has managed to get the entire Orlando team to implement ball movement...nobody holds onto the ball...see that happening on a team with James Harden? LOL...Howard has two problems that the media and his critics refused to acknowledge...his injuries and James Harden...a change of scenery can solve 1 of them but i don't see him returning to his Orlando form...his body just won't allow it...

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

You do realise that without Harden Houtson would have won like 5 games this season right?

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

i hate harden and i hate howard. trash players

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

ESPN writer chooses Celtics as top landing spot for Dwight Howard:David Lee, Tyler Zeller, future first-round pick...Lee wouldn’t have much value to the Rockets, who might just buy him out. Besides offering some flexibility with the hard cap Houston is working under this year after using its non-taxpayer mid-level exception, this trade is all about getting one of Boston’s huge stockpile of picks to flip in another trade. That could work out like when the Rockets traded Kyle Lowry to the Toronto Raptors for a lottery pick that ended up being a key part of the James Harden deal months later. (ESPN.com)

Wouldn`t give up a moldy ham sandwich for this bum. The Celtics have a good thing going with good chemistry. They are 2 studs away from being contenders, but putting DH into the mix would be pathetic.

First ... 2345