Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

jj call me, il explain everything

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember talking to Spiro in early July, and he just seemed drained/exhausted/fed up with the industry. Always was a guy who was easy to talk to, but really just seemed completely out of it.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

what's he fed up with?

I'd be fed up too looking at that software all day long, straight out of an early 1990s arcade

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They do pay of course and fast
    I think my point is they drifted away from the sharp player action and discourage it
    Good to know, I see them dealing some juicy lines sometimes but was worried it was some sharp lean.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

They alwayss pay. That's the # 1 factor. Of course there juice lines always suck but there bases lines are ok and they move slow and almost always last.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

after pinnacle left, thegreek was my ONLY book, sad to see them gone too, loved their DC

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

You people are so ******* stupid, they get plenty action from the U.S.
    They are smart, officially leaving the market so your god damn government leaves them alone, while keeping all serious bettors.
    You clowns on this board don't bet there now, that's obvious, but who cares about your air and 50$ bets?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    what's he fed up with?

I'd be fed up too looking at that software all day long, straight out of an early 1990s arcade
    !!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post

You people are so ******* stupid, they get plenty action from the U.S.
    They are smart, officially leaving the market so your god damn government leaves them alone, while keeping all serious bettors.
    You clowns on this board don't bet there now, that's obvious, but who cares about your air and 50$ bets?

lines freak
    lines freak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

You'd be hard pressed to find a better book for lines and for reliablity than The Greek were.

They left the Us market not by choice from what I understand.

But Spiro and Wally were good to me during my time there, At times I thought they were cheap, but as I
    deal with new book after new book looking for something to stick, I realize how good I had it there.
    I think they had the best lines as well, it seemed other books were off in comparison.

And the customer service in these new places sucks, nobody gives a shit about anything. it's almost like saying "yeah what are you gonna do about it"

Whatever Spiro and Wally are doing now I wish them the best.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    And to address Summer Fill in JJ's point

The Greek takes plenty of US based action
    Just like
    Pinnacle
    CRIS
    Grande
    Catalina
    Top Cat
    Tradewinds
    Legends
    etc etc
    When you see SBR odds or Sports option light up
    It's NOT because your $200 freeplay wager, that you got with 3000 of Walker's pizza points,has had any factor
    Credit is what moves those numbers
    Real books could give three rat fuks about post up
    Post up players are a pain in the azz and represent hardly any volume
    Post up players who post across forumville represent less
    It's a service
    No more calls ladies and gentleman, we have a winner...

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    they did. how can you not know this? i think it was about 5 yrs ago he went to 10 cent lines. they really do have great lines in bases. he has some very opinionated lines too.
    It was actually just last season that they went to the dime line. Feels like a long time ago, though.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

So why do they threaten to stop taking action if you do not give them balanced action??

Does anyone know??

Rainbow
    Rainbow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

So why do they threaten to stop taking action if you do not give them balanced action??

Does anyone know??
    They don't like bettors that come in and bet props only. It has nothing to do with betting major sports. No one has gotten booted ever betting major sports at the greek, unless 80% of his action is props and the other is only 20%. Wiseguys are not going to lose betting props and its one-way action on most of them with no buy backs. They are not in busisness to give money away they in it to earn money. Some people just don't really know whats it like on the other side of the counter. How fast do you think they put up all their 2nd halfs on hoops and football? The last thing is that they are scared to take a bet from any wiseguy in the world on major sports period. They made a business decision to quit catering to US customers, its not what they really wanted, sometimes in this business you have to make decisions, its not always the right one's.

jjgold

So why do they offer Props then??

If your putting them up who cares if that is all you bet???

Rainbow

So why do they offer Props then??

If your putting them up who cares if that is all you bet???
    Because they are not in business to feed wiseguys betting props. The main reason books deal props is to cater to the squares that post-up not to BONUS WHORES and WISEGUYS looking to pick you a part with them. Why are they so scared to bet equal amount on major sports? I will answer the question because the lines are HORRIBLE and they are PURE STEALING.

jjgold

They should get a better prop linesmaker then

I might call them

Rainbow

They should get a better prop linesmaker then

I might call them
    Wiseguys will brutalize props no matter who the prop linesman is. Do you think Pinnacle makes money off of props? Not no but hell no. They will skin you alive, its more than one-way to skin a cat and catering to wiseguys that are betting mostly props only,isn't one of them.

lines freak

Maybe the reason they dont like prop betters is because they dont get equal action on both sides.

I dont know that wiseguys are any better at picking props than anyone else. Some of those prop bets are completely stupid, they are just for people who like to be entertained.

I dont consider halftime lines a "prop" bet. A prop bet is "who will have the first error in the game"

if a wiseguy can figure that out, i guess they are really wise.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

What's so hard about making a good prop line when you're dealing 30c juice?

Why do they offer props at all then?

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    What's so hard about making a good prop line when you're dealing 30c juice?

Why do they offer props at all then?
    What good is a 30 cent line if a prop opens -120 and closes -240 or opens -150 and closes -260? Talking about putting up a good prop line and doing it is two different things, they will hand pick you a part with props periods. The rest is history.

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by lines freak View Post
    Maybe the reason they dont like prop betters is because they dont get equal action on both sides.

I dont know that wiseguys are any better at picking props than anyone else. Some of those prop bets are completely stupid, they are just for people who like to be entertained.

I dont consider halftime lines a "prop" bet. A prop bet is "who will have the first error in the game"

if a wiseguy can figure that out, i guess they are really wise.
    HT lines are not props. They are not stealing nothing with that prop you hand picked, like I said they will hand pick you and brutalize you with props. Example: You might see a prop -130 when the correct line should be -200, they know which one's are off, they have so many to choose from and thats the ADVANTAGE they have.

JohnnyC
    JohnnyC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 597

Their 'unbalanced action' excuse is just a way of saying 'we don't want pro action'. The same as when they get mad and cut you 500 globals when you miss a day of betting, calling you an Indian and accusing you of taking your winnnings and running... just because you didnt bet for one gdmn day. It's just a smokescreen, they are too ashamed to admit that they don't want the pro action.

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Their 'unbalanced action' excuse is just a way of saying 'we don't want pro action'. The same as when they get mad and cut you 500 globals when you miss a day of betting, calling you an Indian and accusing you of taking your winnnings and running... just because you didnt bet for one gdmn day. It's just a smokescreen, they are too ashamed to admit that they don't want the pro action.
    100% agree with you on PROPS. 100% DISAGREE with you with MAJOR SPORTS. You can bet them whatever falls out your pocket on any MAJOR SPORTS. They don't want WISEGUY ACTION on PROPS. I guess they don't like DONATING to the WISEGUY FOUNDATION.LMAO. Some people just don't understand on the other side of the counter...

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

who is this rainbow poster

how does he know so much about the greek

does he work for them or something?

jjgold

Seems we exposed a weakness at the Greek

This thread served its purpose

They need to make some changes

lines freak

Well, I can do that myself with football lines, particularly college. Some low key college teams are usually off. Most handicappers are looking for "off" lines, why are props more feared?

Must be the unequal action.

lines freak

Again, if one is a handicapper, it doesnt matter if its a propr or a game, they can find the line weakness

Rainbow

Again, if one is a handicapper, it doesnt matter if its a propr or a game, they can find the line weakness
    True, but you don't get buy back with props. Its practically all one-way action, thats the part JJ is having a hard time comprehending.

Rainbow

True, but you don't get buy back on props unless you let them SCALP you...LOL... Thats the part JJ doesn't understand. Props are one-way action with no buy back period.

Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    True, but you don't get buy back on props unless you let them SCALP you...LOL... Thats the part JJ doesn't understand. Props are one-way action with no buy back period.
    Sorry for the double post.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    who is this rainbow poster

how does he know so much about the greek

does he work for them or something?
    I'm pretty sure he's a linesman for them.... posts alot at EOG

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I might call Greek and get a feel for them
    Maybe you should have done that before you started this thread. You obviously know very little about the true goings on at that out but are more than willing to start a very opinionated thread about it.

Like most of your threads lately there is not much substance to the headline or content.

JohnnyC

wrong.

JohnnyC

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    100% agree with you on PROPS. 100% DISAGREE with you with MAJOR SPORTS. You can bet them whatever falls out your pocket on any MAJOR SPORTS. They don't want WISEGUY ACTION on PROPS. I guess they don't like DONATING to the WISEGUY FOUNDATION.LMAO. Some people just don't understand on the other side of the counter...
    Wrong, if you bet parlays or teasers on major sports there and win they will cut you.

First 123 Last