Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

What Does Addition of Marshall/Jeffery Mean For Cutler And Bears?

Will they compete this year?

Looks like we should know by week 2 at Green Bay

Can not believe how similar they are...this video is eye opening in that regard

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Both players have character issues that will cause tension in the locker room.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think it'll make a big difference. Johnny Knox and Devin Hester are responsible for a lot of Cutler's interceptions.

At Green Bay is a tough game though, Bears have seemed to get better as the year progresses the last couple of years so I wouldn't say that game is a good barometer. They will obviously be moderate dogs 6-7 points.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They should be super bowl contenders
    Not too sure about the twink they drafted on defense

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They should be super bowl contenders
    Not too sure about the twink they drafted on defense
    High motor guy. At least we know he won't have character issues or trouble with the playbook.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Anyone who thinks they are super bowl contenders is crazy.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    I think it'll make a big difference. Johnny Knox and Devin Hester are responsible for a lot of Cutler's interceptions.

At Green Bay is a tough game though, Bears have seemed to get better as the year progresses the last couple of years so I wouldn't say that game is a good barometer. They will obviously be moderate dogs 6-7 points.
    Bears started 7-3 last year and missed the playoffs

I think at Green Bay week 2 is a perfect barometer

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    Bears started 7-3 last year and missed the playoffs

I think at Green Bay week 2 is a perfect barometer
    Bears started at 7-3 and then lost Cutler and Forte to injury and Hanie and Marion Barber sabotaged the rest of their games. They were definitely getting better before they lost those two.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Based on what? Have you been in their locker room? Didnt think Cutler and Marshall had any problems together in Denver. Marshall had his off field personal stuff that he's dealt with, but not locker room issues.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Bears started at 7-3 and then lost Cutler and Forte to injury and Hanie and Marion Barber sabotaged the rest of their games. They were definitely getting better before they lost those two.
    Yeah I understand all that I agonized through every game, Bears did start out rough, but the last half was garbage. If you don't think week 2 is a "So, how good are we" game from every player/staff member/fan of this team you are crazy.

If it's Bears 40 Packers 13 people will start buying Super Bowl tickets

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

A passing game. That is what it means. We paid for a top end QB, who were throwing to the worst receivers in the league. Hell, he made some flier in Knox look decent. Now, he has actual receivers.

PickWinnerAllDay

Yeah I understand all that I agonized through every game, Bears did start out rough, but the last half was garbage. If you don't think week 2 is a "So, how good are we" game from every player/staff member/fan of this team you are crazy.

If it's Bears 40 Packers 13 people will start buying Super Bowl tickets
    True... but I'm not going to make too much of it if the Packers win convincingly. It will take some time for Marshall/Cutler/Alshon to get into a groove and into the new offense.

The Bears do seem to get better as the year goes on though. They were 4-3 in 2010 and then won 7 of their last 9, and last year they were 2-3 and then put together the 5 game winning streak and lost Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears were 2-2 after 4. At GB and at Dallas are probably their 2 toughest games.

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

What kind of character issues does Jeffery have? Why would you say something that is completely false? Jeffery had zero character issues while in Hugh school and also at south Carolina.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

True... but I'm not going to make too much of it if the Packers win convincingly. It will take some time for Marshall/Cutler/Alshon to get into a groove and into the new offense.

The Bears do seem to get better as the year goes on though. They were 4-3 in 2010 and then won 7 of their last 9, and last year they were 2-3 and then put together the 5 game winning streak and lost Cutler. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears were 2-2 after 4. At GB and at Dallas are probably their 2 toughest games.
    I think as long as Jeffery comes back from injury alright and spends his time studying that playbook he should be fine. If you have watched any of the Bears OTA vids Cutler and Marshall have pretty mush not missed a step. Might be the most psyched I have been about a season in my entire life. Already have tickets to the Monday night game vs. Lions October 22 and will probably take a trip to training camp as well, it's only about a 3 hour drive or so.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimed...y_clip=Y&rn=14

PickWinnerAllDay

I think as long as Jeffery comes back from injury alright and spends his time studying that playbook he should be fine. If you have watched any of the Bears OTA vids Cutler and Marshall have pretty mush not missed a step. Might be the most psyched I have been about a season in my entire life. Already have tickets to the Monday night game vs. Lions October 22 and will probably take a trip to training camp as well, it's only about a 3 hour drive or so.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimed...y_clip=Y&rn=14
    This is my first year being back in Chicago. I'll be taking advantage and going to every Bears game that I can get to. My apartment is a mile and a half from Soldier Field so I'm pretty pumped.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    What kind of character issues does Jeffery have? Why would you say something that is completely false? Jeffery had zero character issues while in Hugh school and also at south Carolina.
    He's probably making an assumption because he fell out of the first round. Jeffery seems like a solid kid to me. I think he has an ego, but that pretty much goes with the territory at WR. Also I don't think he'll necessarily play much right away. Bennett will be ahead of him on the depth chart. He'll have to earn it.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Ejected from Outback Bowl

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Didn't even think Jeffery did much of anything on that play. Dennard took a swing at him. Regardless, that's all you got? He has character issues which will cause tension in the Bears locker room because he had a little pushing match with a cornerback on an opposing college team? WTF.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

will go down to the last game of the season, nfc is alot tougher than the afc. I say bears or detroit in the last spot

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Anyone who thinks they are super bowl contenders is crazy.
    This ^

The Bears still have Cutler...enough said

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

They are the Bears....enough said.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

It's not like there isn't a WORLD of difference between Chad Henne and Jay Cutler. Cutler had over 2,300 yards, 13 TDs and 7 INTs through 10 games and he wasn't even throwing to capable receivers. Since Marshall left Denver he's only had 9 TDs in 2 years, that's not a coincidence.

They might not win the division, but it's not like they aren't going to contend...

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Classic case of someone making assumptions. He was getting held all game and got hit late and reacted. That doesn't mean he has character issues. I'd take a guy who competes and stands up to constant beatings over someone who doesn't hold his own. Btw, Jeffrey had an incredible day off of denard, a highly rated db. I was in attendance for that game as well, best game I've seen AJ1 play

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

It's really getting rid of their O.C that will open up the bears offense. Not being able to audible as freely as cutler wanted in the past screwed him over hard and took insane amount of sacks.. With the ability to run the offense a little more freely, and with his talent and his arms, but more importantly being one of the best in the NFL to throw while being flushed out of the pocket will allow the bears to compete for the playoff spot.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

bears will be alright...their d will be good and their offense will be good if they get forte going and b marshall's head is in the right place...due could be a beast. Bears if healthy will be a definite playoff contender. period

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

means cutler has 2 new guys to throw his arms up at and act like a little whiny b1tch

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Cutler has permanent jerkface

I cannot deny that

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    This ^

The Bears still have Cutler...enough said
    Bears got to a Super Bowl with Grossman.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    means cutler has 2 new guys to throw his arms up at and act like a little whiny b1tch
    Careful bronx.