No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Is it safe to say that Jordan is one of the worst owners in NBA history?

This Charlotte team is just plain horrific. Shouldn't even be in the league.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

No. He rode gerald Wallace and Jackson as long as possible and now he's going to rebuild with top of the lottery picks. Same way OKC did.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    No. He rode gerald Wallace and Jackson as long as possible and now he's going to rebuild with top of the lottery picks. Same way OKC did.
    I hope you are joking.

Bobcats are a disgrace. Easily the worst team in the NBA, and probably the least bright future. You look at all the weak teams, and they all have good up and coming players. Not sure I can say the same about the Bobcats.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

I hope you are joking.

Bobcats are a disgrace. Easily the worst team in the NBA, and probably the least bright future. You look at all the weak teams, and they all have good up and coming players. Not sure I can say the same about the Bobcats.
    I hope your joking. They have a bright future because they will be at the top of the lottery for the next 2 years.

How else will they become a winner?

Is Howard going to sign there?
    Is deron going to sign there?
    Did anyone from last years class have any interest in signing there?

No.

Same deal with OKC, Minnesota, etc. All part of the process.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This Charlotte team is just plain horrific. Shouldn't even be in the league.

He's only the third worst owner in Charlotte basketball history.

Not even close

panik
    panik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3139

his in league with isiah thomas for sure. great bball players, but just terrible at managing teams.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

some teams just will never have a chance at winning, doesn't matter who the owner is. If he has the money to buy a championship he can do that in time, but only way they have a chance

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this post gets bumped 2 years from now, you'll regret it, IMO. What's the benefit for Jordan to pump money into their roster when their core is undeveloped? This was always going to be a throwaway season for the franchise wherein they assess what they've got and build the playing experience of the players they like. Now if they do well in this year's draft and perhaps shop around a bit in the free agent market, next year they can put a team on the floor that's exciting to watch. The year after that, their needs will be better defined and they'll really have a high degree of certainty as to what they are capable of.

It's an unreasonable expectation to start from nothing and succeed right away...

Speedy88

I hope your joking. They have a bright future because they will be at the top of the lottery for the next 2 years. How else will they become a winner? Is Howard going to sign there? Is deron going to sign there? Did anyone from last years class have any interest in signing there? No. Same deal with OKC, Minnesota, etc. All part of the process.
    Oh yeah because MJ has the best track record when it comes to drafting and personel moves. Didn't he get the #1 pick a few years ago when he was the Wiz GM? Yeah Kwame Brown sure did work out nice for him. Oh yeah and trading Rip Hamilton for a washed up Jerry Stackhouse sure was a great move as well.

Oh and my favorite, taking Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. Way to go MJ!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Just to be clear the worst owner in nba history...even worse than that fuk Sterling...is the nba itself

What's going on in new Orleans is fukking criminal

zsr

Oh yeah because MJ has the best track record when it comes to drafting and personel moves. Didn't he get the #1 pick a few years ago when he was the Wiz GM? Yeah Kwame Brown sure did work out nice for him. Oh yeah and trading Rip Hamilton for a washed up Jerry Stackhouse sure was a great move as well.

Oh and my favorite, taking Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. Way to go MJ!
    Kwame brown would of been the number 1 pick no matter which team it was. He was just the unlucky one who go to find out he was a bust.

Morrison had a productive rookie season. His problem was injuries.

Is david Kahn a great GM? No. Look at the potential the timberwolves have over the next 4 years.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

MJ is as good at owning a team as he is at hitting a curveball.

Speedy88

Kwame brown would of been the number 1 pick no matter which team it was. He was just the unlucky one who go to find out he was a bust. Morrison had a productive rookie season. His problem was injuries. Is david Kahn a great GM? No. Look at the potential the timberwolves have over the next 4 years.
    Only an incompetent GM like MJ would have picked Morrison. Everyone knew the kid couldn't play a lick of defense. And if I remember correctly, people were very critical of MJ's pick of Morrison when it happened. When you are given the #3 pick in the draft, there is not much room for error. You can make or break the next decade for your franchise depending on the pick.

His bad moves completely outweigh his good moves.

Can someone please back me up here on SBR, we have a guy trying to defend MJ and promote him as a good general manger. How long was he with the Wizards and look what he did with them. How long has he been with the bobcats, and IMO they have regressed. He's been with them for 6 years now, and they haven't made any major strides. At least teams like Minnesota/Sacramento/Golden State seem to be building something.

And if you honestly think he will be a good GM just because the Bobcats suck and they will get good draft picks, then your not worth talking too. If anything, with MJ's track record with top 3 picks, he'll blow them on a guy who is a bench player at best.
    Last edited by Speedy88; 02-19-12 at 06:14 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Teams swing and miss at lottery picks every year....more fail than succeed.

PickWinnerAllDay

Yeah but technically isn't Brandon Roy a bust too? Retired at 27 and half of his years in the NBA were plagued by injuries.

dshaffe4
    dshaffe4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

Hey y'all quit talkin bad about my bobcats

Rich Cho will lead us to the promise land

zsr

Only an incompetent GM like MJ would have picked Morrison. Everyone knew the kid couldn't play a lick of defense. And if I remember correctly, people were very critical of MJ's pick of Morrison when it happened. When you are given the #3 pick in the draft, there is not much room for error. You can make or break the next decade for your franchise depending on the pick.

His bad moves completely outweigh his good moves.

Can someone please back me up here on SBR, we have a guy trying to defend MJ and promote him as a good general manger. How long was he with the Wizards and look what he did with them. How long has he been with the bobcats, and IMO they have regressed.
    Morrison was a top 5 guy regardless. Again, how can you blame kwame on him? Consensus number 1. Morrison was consensus top 5.

How have they regressed? He played out the Wallace and Jackson era as long as he could, now he's rebuilding from the top of the lottery.

What would you rather he be doing with the franchise? It's a small market. He's following the blueprint of OKC and Minnesota, two teams on the brink of championship success.

kdavis
    kdavis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3809

He was a great basketball player. He doesn't have the brains to be an owner. End of story.

jmonkres
    jmonkres's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

To be fair the 06 draft wasn't that strong/deep.
    Bargani, Aldridge ( 1&2), then Gay. Rondo, Millsap and Lowry were the only other high quality players, but were kind of surprises. Everyone else in that draft is completely irrelevant besides a few half decent role players. #3 wasn't a great pick to have in that draft. (Also excluding Roy because injuries.)

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    some teams just will never have a chance at winning, doesn't matter who the owner is. If he has the money to buy a championship he can do that in time, but only way they have a chance
    Let's face it you put a team in Charlotte or some off the wall city like that and they are going to suck legendary balls

I mean Charlotte.....seriously????

Why not put a team in fukin Nome, Alaska while you're at it

Speedy88

I'm done discussing this with you. You have to be working for MJ or sleeping with him. One or the other. I've never heard someone defend MJ as a GM, until I heard you.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Let's face it you put a team in Charlotte or some off the wall city like that and they are going to suck legendary balls

lol what is wrong with Charlotte

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Let's put a team in Oklahoma city or some off the wall city like that and they are going to suck legendary balls.

Speedy88

The NBA's problem is that they don't have enough talent to spread around to all the teams. They won't do this, but if the NBA were smart, they'd contract the NBA and cut out 2 teams.

PickWinnerAllDay

Charlotte is top 20 in population in the US I think. I live bout 30 minutes from Charlotte but never go to Bobcat games.

zsr

I'm done discussing this with you. You have to be working for MJ or sleeping with him. One or the other. I've never heard someone defend MJ as a GM, until I heard you.
    Would you rather he do what the suns are doing and overpay guys like frye and warrick and kept Nash, hoping to somehow be an 8 seed and win 1 game in the playoffs?

He's played out the Wallace Jackson duo and is now following a blueprint that has been successful. That's all there is too it.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

TRUE!! with nba stars getting together and forming superteams, all of whom must play in awesome cities like NY or LA.. its literally impossible for small market. owners are now realising they will always be washington generals, i expect some drastic changes to the NBA in the next few years.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post

TRUE!! with nba stars getting together and forming superteams, all of whom must play in awesome cities like NY or LA.. its literally impossible for small market. owners are now realising they will always be washington generals, i expect some drastic changes to the NBA in the next few years.
    OKC is arguably the best team in the league and there a small market.

Speedy88

Would you rather he do what the suns are doing and overpay guys like frye and warrick and kept Nash, hoping to somehow be an 8 seed and win 1 game in the playoffs?

He's played out the Wallace Jackson duo and is now following a blueprint that has been successful. That's all there is too it.
    I would prefer if he would just win. Does he need 20 years to build a serious contending team? Every team he has had has been a joke. Wizards under MJ = joke. Bobcats under MJ = joke

At some point you have to take some accountability and make results.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

[quote=No coincidences;13815765]This Charlotte team is just plain horrific. Shouldn't even be in the league.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

To me, Charlotte is embracing more of the 1980-2010 rebuilding plan of the Clippers, instead of the recent OKC plan.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

48 points through 3? Pacers aren't some defensive juggernaut.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Charlotte doesn't want to lose any money. They have done more player swapping/cost cutting than any team over the past 4 to five years. No one is left from the Felton/Maye draft year team. That is ridiculous. Nobody is worth a shit on that team. Jordan needs some of the blame when he would still be the best player on the team.

zsr

I would prefer if he would just win. Does he need 20 years to build a serious contending team? Every team he has had has been a joke. Wizards under MJ = joke. Bobcats under MJ = joke

At some point you have to take some accountability and make results.
    Of course there not going to just all of a sudden become a championship team, Charlotte isn't Miami or LA, nobody is lining up too play there.

Give him 2 more years and 2 more high lottery picks, the team will be a winner. Sam presti is generally regarded as an outstanding general manager and it took him 3 high lottery picks to build OKC.

If you look at his past mistakes from a unbiased stance, everyone was taking kwame number 1, and Morrison averaged something like 11 and 4 his first year before he tore his ACL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If Michael Jordan were Joe Blow, you guys wouldn't be defending him. How many of you give him the benefit of the doubt just because he's MJ?

I did the same with Dumars for a long time in Detroit. He's my favorite Piston of all-time, and I overlooked his shortcomings when he made bad decision after bad decision. I finally faced reality, ignored how I felt about him as a player and began to realize how much of a failure he is in the front office.

12 Last