Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFC West just about swept the East with the exception of the 2 win Rams.

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

I like the Niners to cover in this game, but it's true that the Giants played a much more difficult schedule than the 49ers in the regular season. Even still- a higher SOS doesn't automatically make one team better than another. The important point is that, over the course of the entire season, the Niners generally played as dominantly against weak opponents as they were supposed to.

The Giants had -6 total point differential this season. The 49ers' was +153.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post

she's the ugly one off glee
    Funniest thing is the guy didnt even spell her name right.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    I like the Niners to cover in this game, but it's true that the Giants played a much more difficult schedule than the 49ers in the regular season. Even still- a higher SOS doesn't automatically make one team better than another. The important point is that, over the course of the entire season, the Niners generally played as dominantly against weak opponents as they were supposed to.

The Giants had -6 total point differential this season. The 49ers' was +153.
    Gmen played 4 playoff teams vs. the Niners 5 in the regular season. Giants also played the weak 1 playoff team AFC East where the Niners played the 3 playoff team AFC North. Giants also played the NFC West one time each. They lost to the deadskins twice and the seahawks at home. Don't see how they played that much more of a difficult schedule.

Chimneyfish

You're looking only at the best or worst teams played by the two teams during the season instead of the rating of their average opponent. Sagarin has the Giants' SOS ranked #2 compared to the 49ers' #25. He still has the 49ers ranked as a better team (even before home field advantage) than the Giants, which I agree with.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    haha...SF lost 1 game at home the 2nd game of the season (and in ot) they beat the Giants in their own house by a td and last week they beat this years best qb and offense in the league ... and OP wants to know why the Giants are dogs at SF .... seriously son, get you shit together before you come at me... anymore ridiculously stupid posts you think you want to aim at me pal? like i said, its posts like those that make me laugh...not a single reason why the Giants should be favored against arguably the best home team still in the playoffs and the op has no idea why....he/she has, like you, no business wasting your money on gambling if you dont understand why SF is favored ... good enough for you son, fukk off
    ray i like the gmen here, they proved they can win on the road so the home field is wiped away. saints were bottom 3 in takeaways and niners top 3 and that showed. saints play a diff style of football, the gmen play the niners style of ball and played it before. both basically have the same team except one has a qb who played out of his mind vs a shitty D and one has been there with better weapons. the line is 2 because smith was the biggest question mark and after 1 shootout everyone is on his cok. i dont buy into smith yet. give me the better D and QB to prevail

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    ray i like the gmen here, they proved they can win on the road so the home field is wiped away. saints were bottom 3 in takeaways and niners top 3 and that showed. saints play a diff style of football, the gmen play the niners style of ball and played it before. both basically have the same team except one has a qb who played out of his mind vs a shitty D and one has been there with better weapons. the line is 2 because smith was the biggest question mark and after 1 shootout everyone is on his cok. i dont buy into smith yet. give me the better D and QB to prevail
    onetrickpony, I think the Niners have the better D. Is that even debateable?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You probably need a seeing eye dog to cross streets.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    onetrickpony, I think the Niners have the better D. Is that even debateable?
    on paper prob, come sunday G men will

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Under

Chimneyfish

give me the better D and QB to prevail
    What? You think the Giants have a better defense than the 49ers? These threads will never cease to amaze me.

New York's defense ranks among the worst 10 in the league according to FO's weighted defensive rankings. They rank in the worst fourth of the league in raw points allowed per game, and they gave up a full 11 points per game more than the Niners' defense.

john230

You're looking only at the best or worst teams played by the two teams during the season instead of the rating of their average opponent. Sagarin has the Giants' SOS ranked #2 compared to the 49ers' #25. He still has the 49ers ranked as a better team (even before home field advantage) than the Giants, which I agree with.
    Good point but the ratings are skewed by the fact that the Giants played the 15-1 Pack and the 13-3 Pats. Take one of those games off the schedule and the NIners played equal or better schedule. Also skewed by the Niners playing the 2-14 Rams twice. Gotta look at the fine lines.

Chimneyfish

on paper prob, come sunday G men will

Cheers buddy

john230

What? You think the Giants have a better defense than the 49ers? These threads will never cease to amaze me.

New York's defense ranks among the worst 10 in the league according to FO's weighted defensive rankings. They rank in the worst fourth of the league in raw points allowed per game, and they gave up a full 11 points per game more than the Niners' defense.

Right on. That Giant secondary was shredded at times this year. Niners have the better D.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Right on. That Giant secondary was shredded at times this year. Niners have the better D.
    Is Carlos Rogers your best CB?

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

The only real edge the Giants have in this game is offense...which is just a bit better than San Fran.

San Fran has the better defense and special teams.

Game is in San Fran and they are undefeated at home.....makes it even worse for the Giants.

Of course Giants are the dogs.

john230

Is Carlos Rogers your best CB?

Didn't he have a pretty good year this year?

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Didn't he have a pretty good year this year?
    No, I'm not trying to downplay him, just simply asking if he is the best CB you guys have at the moment. I remember the Redskins fans not being satisfied with his play, but I always thought he had talent. I guess the system does make a difference when it comes to utilizing each player's talents.

john230

No, I'm not trying to downplay him, just simply asking if he is the best CB you guys have at the moment. I remember the Redskins fans not being satisfied with his play, but I always thought he had talent. I guess the system does make a difference when it comes to utilizing each player's talents.

I am not a niner fan, so I do not know if he is the best corner. Just stating the facts as I see them. I think it will be a close game and in fact my money is on the Giants +9 in a teaser.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

damn, is everyone on this board an absolute fukking moron? ....you are attempting to tell me that since the giants won a game last week on the road, that home field advantage in the conference championship is completely meaningless...unfukkingreal how you have a dollar left to your name...

OTP, i have no real opinion on the game, myself... the question arose about how could the giants not be favored... i answered some smartass kid on why they were not and others added to the answer... giants could very well win, but they wont be favored come kickoff and there is no reason why they should. that was my only point...it wasnt an opinion, its a fact

and your idea that there is no home field advantage is one of the more clueless ones you have had. gl this week...

i have had my fill of this dumbness for one day...i need to read a book or something now

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

san fran better kicker. field goal game. san fran wins.

onetrickpony

damn, is everyone on this board an absolute fukking moron? ....you are attempting to tell me that since the giants won a game last week on the road, that home field advantage in the conference championship is completely meaningless...unfukkingreal how you have a dollar left to your name... OTP, i have no real opinion on the game, myself... the question arose about how could the giants not be favored... i answered some smartass kid on why they were not and others added to the answer... giants could very well win, but they wont be favored come kickoff and there is no reason why they should. that was my only point...it wasnt an opinion, its a fact and your idea that there is no home field advantage is one of the more clueless ones you have had. gl this week... i have had my fill of this dumbness for one day...i need to read a book or something now
    they went into lambau vs defending champs and a team who lost only 1 game and beat them down, once that is done home field is a non factor to the giants. candlestick will be a walk in the park

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Thanks for taking me to where I'm already at.

raydog

they went into lambau vs defending champs and a team who lost only 1 game and beat them down, once that is done home field is a non factor to the giants. candlestick will be a walk in the park
    ...okay buddy, cus 1 game always defines what will happen in the next ...whatever you say... good luck anyways... like i said, i have no opinion... come into chat later so we can kick patty around for betting another shitty dog tonight in hockey

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

if any of you have any questions about why the vast majority of gamblers are big losers, all you have to do is read the original post...it absolutely screams "i have no fukking clue what im looking at when i see a line" sorry to be so blunt. gl next weekend folks.

locker, shoot me a winner pal...i think i got us a good one over at the house that betplom built...lolz
    Boise St +6.5

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Boise St +6.5
    ... you have gotten the best out of fading me the last few games...that shit ends tonight you hear me???? TONIGHT IT ENDS!

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I like the Giants because they are playing great ball now when it matters. The 9ers have a few issues on offense. Not a slam dunk but I think Eli can keep them close and the giants have a better than 50-50 chance to win outright.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I think it comes down to the previous match up between these two and the fact that SF is home. That being said I will take NY with the +2.5.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I like the Giants because they are playing great ball now when it matters. The 9ers have a few issues on offense. Not a slam dunk but I think Eli can keep them close and the giants have a better than 50-50 chance to win outright.
    Agreed, the line is about right and see the cover for GMen.

apalm8
    Hello friends, Jim Nantz.
    apalm8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post
    Giants at +125 Ml doesnt make any sense.

The 49ers played a lousy schedule, in a lousy division and were able to luck out a home playoff game against a team who made 5 turnovers. Without the TO's the 49ers were toast, they were almost toast with 5 TO's. They scored against a piss poor defense.

The Giants have a great QB, a great Defense, 3 great recievers. They played a far superior schedule. They won a far superior division. They went into Lambeau and smoked the 15-1 defending SB champs.

The Giants didnt need 2 late TD's to pull out the win.

The Giants are far superior and I think NYG wins this game by 14 or more.

And please dont say I am just following the bandwagon since NYG won in Lambeau. I posted that I thought NYG would win in Lambeau before the game and some guy responding with the laughing icon. I wonder how much he lost on that game ?

Still, NYG wins this game easily IMO
    Well you've embarrassed yourself...

The 49ers have beaten Pitt, New Orleans, anddddd oo yea the GIANTS.

And the Giants do not have a great defense...they have an average defense who is playing out of their minds right now...

They played a far superior schedule? Well maybe...BUT THAT'S WHY THEY HAD SEVEN ******* LOSSES

And they won a superior division? NO ONE WHO WINS A DIVISION AT 9-7 COMES FROM A SUPERIOR DIVISION

They didn't need two late TD's to win the game? Did you even watch the NO/SF game? The teams scored a combined 4 TD's in the last 4 minutes...the 49ers went toe to toe with the formidable Saints and beat them.

Why are the Giants dogs? Because they are playing the NFC Championship on the road against a phenomenal defense, the likes of which they have not seen all year...

I am not going to sit here and say that the Giants won't win but I just want to point out how much you've embarrassed yourself with this thread.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

leah if thats really u fix that nose sweetie.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I agree that the Giants defense and pass rush has been exaggerated even before the GB game. They are ok, average.

I would throw out the regular season meeting. Eli has three very good receivers and is standing in the pocket with time and confidence. To me this is the key Eli vs Smith. I give the 9ers the defensive edge but I give the Giants a significant edge at QB. Keeping in mind Eli has been there and has a Superbowl ring, Smith on the other hand is in the biggest game of his life.

I like the game to be tight. Could well lose the bet afterall its gambling and no one really knows. But I like the +money on the ML with Eli Manning vs a 9er team that is not clicking very well on the offensive side of the ball.

First 12345 Last