Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8418

He has been fantastic but you can't blame the defense on his turnovers...he throws some stupid passes. I have seen numerous should be picks from him as well as the picks themselves and I think it is because of his inability to read defenses at this point. Probably has thrown more ints to a defenders chest than any other qb this season. That is just stupid decisions and something he needs to improve on whether his defense was this years panthers or the 85 bears.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Newton has exceeded my expectations - and I was projecting this type of season later down the line, at best, I thought he'd be a better H back, to be honest. To be fair, though, no matter how many yards you throw or rush for, for a QB, there is only 1 stat. Wins. If you want to nitpick, BIG wins. And further - BIG wins on the road or in the playoffs.

If you want to talk 'fantasy', then talk 'fantasy', but for now, Andy Dalton is the better QB and I would take Dalton, for certain.
    Again, there's a HUGE disconnect between numbers and production in the NFL. Production is leading your team to wins. Numbers are just numbers.
    No doubt Newton has shown me something that is freakishly good. I'd rather have him than Vick right now, and it's not even close (only comparable QB other than Aaron Rodgers, for pass/rush numbers and that's not even a debate). Ponder up in Minnesota, also, has a reason to be better than Newton this year. Yet, you have, IMO, the best QB prospect in Jake Locker not even playing right now.
    Gotta be fair, though. Newton is really f'n good - but he's not winning. That's a problem.

Thing is, Newton has unlimited potential. He's shown me something a year 2 or 3 QB should show. He's also shown a LOT of what guys that are no longer in the NFL can do.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

From what I seen between Cam Newton now and Andrew Luck in college.

I believe that Cam Newton is the better QB and first pick.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    From what I seen between Cam Newton now and Andrew Luck in college.

I believe that Cam Newton is the better QB and first pick.
    I agree with that statement, for sure.
    I've only seen Luck a few games (all wins), and he's shown me nothing that translates to the NFL game like 4-5 guys that came out this last draft.
    There's guys that can make plays in their offense and there are guys who just make plays. I understand that there are people that get to see the '22' film, that I do not. He reminds me of a rich man's Matt Leinhart, who is not an NFL starter. TONS of guys that have been evaluating talent for a lot more years than I have - have graded Luck out around guys like Elway, and this was last year.
    I am kinda down with Phil Simms evaluation. Sometimes a QB just has to 'go for it'. Guys like Matt Ryan or Flacco just don't have 'that'. I could be wrong, but yeah, I'd rather have Newton than Luck for certain. I think Newton has the ability to be incredible, if not better. Not like Vick, Vick is a stat guy that is not a winner... He's also improved as a QB, IMO, but not enough. Not even close to being a real NFL QB, IMO.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Newton has exceeded my expectations - and I was projecting this type of season later down the line, at best, I thought he'd be a better H back, to be honest. To be fair, though, no matter how many yards you throw or rush for, for a QB, there is only 1 stat. Wins. If you want to nitpick, BIG wins. And further - BIG wins on the road or in the playoffs. If you want to talk 'fantasy', then talk 'fantasy', but for now, Andy Dalton is the better QB and I would take Dalton, for certain. Again, there's a HUGE disconnect between numbers and production in the NFL. Production is leading your team to wins. Numbers are just numbers. No doubt Newton has shown me something that is freakishly good. I'd rather have him than Vick right now, and it's not even close (only comparable QB other than Aaron Rodgers, for pass/rush numbers and that's not even a debate). Ponder up in Minnesota, also, has a reason to be better than Newton this year. Yet, you have, IMO, the best QB prospect in Jake Locker not even playing right now. Gotta be fair, though. Newton is really f'n good - but he's not winning. That's a problem. Thing is, Newton has unlimited potential. He's shown me something a year 2 or 3 QB should show. He's also shown a LOT of what guys that are no longer in the NFL can do.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just incredibly stupid

the bengals have a top 5 defense, the panthers have a top 5 worst defense

put Cam on the bengals and they might be undefeated right now

First 12