NHL Pro Capper
    NHL Pro Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL PC's Guide to Telling Friends, Family, GFs, What You Do For a Living

Ok, so i had a lackluster pre season. I felt bad giving some bad picks so i wanted to help you guys out another way before the regular season starts.

We all want to try this "full time" or be a "pro". My definition of this is simply deriving your primary income from sports betting. Now lets say your good at this, and you've proven yourself to be profitable over a long time and the variance has been accounted for. I can promise you if you want to go "pro" DON'T tell your family, friends, gf, or wife. It will cause nothing but problems no matter how "understanding and supportive" they are.

Unfortunately, people that don't know terms like EV, and ROI, Variance, etc... they will never understand that this can be profitable and actually be a "full time" job or "professional capper". You will ALWAYS be labeled a gambler, degenerate, etc... and even the closest loved ones that accept it, you will never get respect for not having a "real" job. They will also get hounded that their son is a "gambler" or your gf/wives friends will always talk behind her back and it will cause her stress because she is dating a "degenerate".

99.9% of the time, if you are up front with betting sports while you are single and dating, women will RUN if you are honest. When you try to explain EV, Variance, etc...the girl your on a date with will associate you with her Uncle Jack who lost the mortgage playing blackjack. As well, every friend of hers will tell her to run cause there's no money to be spent if you actually do get married. (Most people do lose, however that's not the point here, this is for successful cappers looking to take the big step).

Now I recognized this early. I was single, but i was honest when dating. They all ran. Family was also very dissapointed. I have a degree and lots of working experience and when I started full time I "had a gambling problem" and I was going to "lose every penny" and I was "wasting my education" etc...

So what I did was tell everyone i quit, i made a little money but it was not for me. Then I created a sole proprietorship business. I registered it for $70. My official job title is "consultant". I created a fake website, fake e-mails, all kinds of investment article links to msnmoney, cnn, forbes, etc.. I put up news every week or so, basically making it look legit. I have a separate "work" cell as well. If you put a little effort into it, you can look the part and that is the whole idea here.

Now this won't work for the long run, but it gives you a cover so you can at least meet a girl and when she asks what you do, you tell her "I am a financial consultant." Give her your business card that you made online for $50 for 500, and tell her that you "data mine and use information to make +EV investments". "Short and long term". etc... So you are not lying, you are just wording it as clever as the stock market brokers. These stock brokers, which to me is a hell of a lot more gamble in it then sports, get more respect because they wear suits and lease nice cars. Same illusion here.

If you dress well, and set up a good separate number, as well as a good website with some nice business cards it will really help you long term. (don't cheap out on business cards, get the heavy duty high dpi ones.)

Now if things get serious with a girl, or the parents keep poking around in what you do, you can actually rent a small office space in a shared environment. Here in Toronto I rent an office space with 3 other businesses. We pay $500 a month each and have our own boardroom, secretary, office and kitchen. They do their own stuff, and I do mine. This is a little further down the line but it's something you have to do if you have the wife/serious gf wanting to visit you at work or wonder why you don't leave the house.

Now some of you may not like not being completely honest with your wife/gf/family but i can promise you if you want to do this full time, you HAVE to do this. You can never be honest with losing respect from people you care about. It really sucks, but like i said even if they are supportive, they will still be a little embarrassed and will always have anxiety when people ask what you do for a living at the boring as hell dinner party's a b-day events. As well you will have a really hard time dating and sometimes you just gotta tell white lies to potential gfs. Like I am sure they won't tell you about the 3 some they had while they went to Mexico with their slutty gf's and that she has actually slept with 53 guys and not 4.

If you are good at betting sports, and you want to do in for a long time, and you don't want any headaches this is the best bet. If you have a really cool wife and she does not poke into your things, you can work out of your home office, but you have to always keep lines, sheets, web pages of SBR, etc.. closed or eventually they will get suspicious. It really depends on your wife/gf/family but for the most part this will apply to 95% of you.

Another thing you must do is have consistent money flow if you are married or living with a long term gf. If your wife likes to see the bills you have to make sure you deposit money into your account every few weeks. What I do is just use my registered company cheques, you can go to any bank and open a business account, and i just write cheques to myself and deposit them into my personal account every 2 weeks. It shows up my company name and shes got money to buy groceries, tampons, and other crap.

So to summarize:
    1. Register a legit business
    2. Open a business account at a bank
    3. Register a domain and build a website (if you suck at websites, you can pick a template and have one built for $300-$500 see templatemonster.com)
    4. Get a pre paid cell phone. Use it ONLY for business hours turned
    5. Get business cards (can do online for cheap) and put your site, phone number, company, etc...
    6. If you have cash, get a shared office. Actually use it for capping it really makes a difference and separates the home life from business
    7. Come up with a prepared statement of various job descriptions on what you do
    Example: "Well I invest in various markets. I datemine markets. I follwed the forex and the nasdaq, and when the time is right, i invest my money in good spots where i see a positive expected value return in all kinds of various markets".. etc...

99% of the people will have no idea what the hell your saying and will just nod their head. If you get a smartass just tell him your a day trader and you hate talking about work and change the subject smartly

*Make sure you actually have money for personal expenses and to float your family if you have one. If you want to do this as a pro, don't do it without a lot of security. It's one thing to go bust while your young and single but if you have a family DO NOT do this full time without a lot of savings.

So that's it basically, I have never had anyone really pry. I had occasional visits from the gf to the office to bring me lunch and some phone calls here and there. I always gave my job speech to new ppl and it was so boring that they never ask how work is. The key there is to make it boring. If you get someone prying tell them to mind their own business. Really most ppl won't pry. Maybe a father of a girl you want to marry, so you can open a trader account if you want and tell him your an invester/consultant and as long as you have money, and dress well, you will be ok. If you look like a bum, 3 days un shaved, track pants and dirty 2 day shits, and always being cheap at dinner parties, ppl will pick up on it and start asking questions.

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by NHL Pro Capper; 09-29-11 at 12:09 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbyfk

xbalto
    xbalto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 847

why not just show them your SBR Pro account

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

U cOst me my shirt guy transfer me 2 points per day for 2 weeks thank u for cooperating and for fukks sake save the articles and make it a blog

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

why not just get a real job and use your gambling profits for the extras in life

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

This is pretty legit info.

Actually, pretty cool stuff from a fantasy perspective. I'll most likely never be a pro capper but one can dream!!!

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

so, what do you use the office secretary for?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Wtf

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

good tips. i like the whole start an imaginary business idea.
    my girl would sniff that shitt out a mile away though, throw my ass out

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

ggrrrr, i dont know guy