ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

hedge strategy for ~25-1 parlay 3 legs left

have 3 items left on a 25-1 parlay that i bet a small amount on. perfect on soccer so far and have the phillies (oswalt @ myers-hou), rays (niemman @ britton-bal), and the broncos tonight. all are money lines.

is there a strategy i should use to hedge this? the phils and rays lines both moved (got chalkier) then what i got them at overnight. i guess the rays scares me the most b/c the line was only -123 last night which is absurdly low considering the rays are one of the best road teams. phils should win and i like the broncos at home but ya never know.

should i just leave it alone? i think the other team MLs are +163, +132, and +160

taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

how much does it pay ?

I would at least bet a unit on each else it was all that work for nothing

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by taxer View Post
    how much does it pay ? I would at least bet a unit on each else it was all that work for nothing

If you put 1 unit on each opposing team, if the parlay losses 1 game, you're still down the original bet, + the 2 hedge bets, and you won 1 unit on the hedge.

The nice thing about it is all 3 games start at seperate times. So if you do hedge, and rays are down 4-1 in the 5th inning and look like shit, don't even bother hedging the philly game, if you think the first game will lose. Save yourself hedging on your original thoughts/bets.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by taxer View Post
    how much does it pay ?

I would at least bet a unit on each else it was all that work for nothing
    ~250 or so
    Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post

If you put 1 unit on each opposing team, if the parlay losses 1 game, you're still down the original bet, + the 2 hedge bets, and you won 1 unit on the hedge.

The nice thing about it is all 3 games start at seperate times. So if you do hedge, and rays are down 4-1 in the 5th inning and look like shit, don't even bother hedging the philly game, if you think the first game will lose. Save yourself hedging on your original thoughts/bets.
    thats what i was thinking. probably just leave it alone. then if it looks like phils and rays winning easily, question becomes how much to hedge on the raiders if at all

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

fukking phillies