1. #71
    TheMoneyShot
    The Man The Myth The 3 Part Mini Series
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 24,529
    Betpoints: 12

    Like Randy Orton maybe?

  2. #72
    Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-10-10
    Posts: 1,218
    Betpoints: 4435

    I guess Tony Dungy, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman are on crack when they state that if they had to choose 1 QB to lead their team RIGHT NOW that QB would be Aaron Rodgers. Let that one sink in all you Rodgers doubters.

    No one, I repeat no one has the combination of mobility and accuracy like Rodgers has; Vick is close, but not as accurate as Rodgers. Brady has ALWAYS had the best O-line in the league annually. Get Brady off his spot or get him on the move and he's very ordinary, see Jets and Baltimore playoff losses last two years. Rodgers plays behind an average O-line at best and makes it better by making plays IN AND OUT OF THE POCKET. Brady & Manning can't do as much when the pocket breaks down and that's why Rodgers is better.

  3. #73
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    I guess Tony Dungy, Steve Young, and Troy Aikman are on crack when they state that if they had to choose 1 QB to lead their team RIGHT NOW that QB would be Aaron Rodgers. Let that one sink in all you Rodgers doubters.

    No one, I repeat no one has the combination of mobility and accuracy like Rodgers has; Vick is close, but not as accurate as Rodgers. Brady has ALWAYS had the best O-line in the league annually. Get Brady off his spot or get him on the move and he's very ordinary, see Jets and Baltimore playoff losses last two years. Rodgers plays behind an average O-line at best and makes it better by making plays IN AND OUT OF THE POCKET. Brady & Manning can't do as much when the pocket breaks down and that's why Rodgers is better.
    Always had the best O-line, huh? Why do people who knock Brady always bring this up, without any support?

    Last year, 10th best passing O-line.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...%80%93-part-2/

    2009: 4th
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...line-rankings/

    And these recent groups are the best he's had. So, yes, they are very good, but the best every year? How about no.

    Also,


    Opinions of Ray Lewis and Darelle Revis>>> Aikman, Dungy, and Young, considering these 2 actually play against these guys

    Rodgers is the future, but Brady is still king.

  4. #74
    Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-10-10
    Posts: 1,218
    Betpoints: 4435

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

    Always had the best O-line, huh? Why do people who knock Brady always bring this up, without any support?

    Last year, 10th best passing O-line.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...%80%93-part-2/

    2009: 4th
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...line-rankings/

    And these recent groups are the best he's had. So, yes, they are very good, but the best every year? How about no.

    Also,


    Opinions of Ray Lewis and Darelle Revis>>> Aikman, Dungy, and Young, considering these 2 actually play against these guys

    Rodgers is the future, but Brady is still king.
    Sorry, but when it comes to evaluating QB's, I'll respect the opinion of two HOF QB's, and a great head coach over Ray Lewis and Revis two defensive players. I wonder what great insight or knowledge Aikman or Young could offer on MLB's getting off blocks or how to play bump and run man coverage. See what I'm getting at?

    As for the top 100, that whole list is a joke. A popularity contest if there ever was one. Greg Jennings not in the top 50, ranked #74? Tony Gonzalez #46 best player of 2010? Yeah, Ok..

  5. #75
    trendon
    trendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-06-10
    Posts: 504
    Betpoints: 3321

    Quote Originally Posted by Povey14 View Post
    Rodgers stats are averaged over 3 full seasons (not counting 05-07)...when he gets to 9 full seasons like Brady and 13 full seasons like Manning...then we'll compare these stats again...that's if Rodgers even makes it that long without injury

    He's a great quarterback but still not at the level of Brady and Manning
    This. And before anyone gets mad at me, I think Rodgers is so goddamn awesome.

    However, for right now. Brady and Manning are in their own little special bubble. If anyone is in it with them or near it, it is not Rodgers, it is Philip Rivers. The big difference? These three have succeeded (in varying degrees) with revolving casts - and in Brady and Rivers' case, often pretty ******* pedestrian - and behind often leaky defenses.

    Rodgers is the type of QB that will be able to do that. He just hasn't done it yet. I know he is the en vogue pick to sau "GREATEST!" and saying Brady makes you look like a square; I just see Brady do shit every week that is just absurd.

  6. #76
    (Reyes)
    (Reyes)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-16-11
    Posts: 190

    just sayin' ?

  7. #77
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Sorry, but when it comes to evaluating QB's, I'll respect the opinion of two HOF QB's, and a great head coach over Ray Lewis and Revis two defensive players. I wonder what great insight or knowledge Aikman or Young could offer on MLB's getting off blocks or how to play bump and run man coverage. See what I'm getting at?

    As for the top 100, that whole list is a joke. A popularity contest if there ever was one. Greg Jennings not in the top 50, ranked #74? Tony Gonzalez #46 best player of 2010? Yeah, Ok..
    So what are your thoughts on Steve Young saying last night during Monday Night Countdown that Brady is the most accurate QB ever? What about his postgame comments, saying Brady could make the ball talk to players and put it just where it needed to be? Larry Fitzgerald said last night that if he could choose any QB to play with, it would be Brady

    Rodgers will certainly take the crown from Brady (assuming he stays healthy), but I don't see how anyone can argue that the reigning unanimous MVP, who put up 500+ yards on the road against a division rival in week 1, isn't the best in the game RIGHT NOW. If I was starting a franchise I would take Rodgers over Brady simply because of the age difference, but for right now, give me Brady any day of the week

    Edit: Joe Cool, on Brady- "He has the ability and he has a lot of time left, so he will probably pass everybody," Montana told the Daily News. "I never like to say the greatest of all time, but when he is done, he will be the best one who ever played."
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 09-13-11 at 06:57 PM.

  8. #78
    Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-10-10
    Posts: 1,218
    Betpoints: 4435

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

    So what are your thoughts on Steve Young saying last night during Monday Night Countdown that Brady is the most accurate QB ever? What about his postgame comments, saying Brady could make the ball talk to players and put it just where it needed to be? Larry Fitzgerald said last night that if he could choose any QB to play with, it would be Brady

    Rodgers will certainly take the crown from Brady (assuming he stays healthy), but I don't see how anyone can argue that the reigning unanimous MVP, who put up 500+ yards on the road against a division rival in week 1, isn't the best in the game RIGHT NOW. If I was starting a franchise I would take Rodgers over Brady simply because of the age difference, but for right now, give me Brady any day of the week

    Edit: Joe Cool, on Brady- "He has the ability and he has a lot of time left, so he will probably pass everybody," Montana told the Daily News. "I never like to say the greatest of all time, but when he is done, he will be the best one who ever played."
    I'm not disputing Brady's greatness or his accuracy, just feel like right now nobody is playing better than Rodgers. He's been on a amazing run and I don't see it stopping soon. As for Young, he stated he'd pick Rodgers over anybody right now to lead his team. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, maybe.

  9. #79
    SWBET
    SWBET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-28-10
    Posts: 78

    Brady just had a historic night not sure if rodgers is the best,

  10. #80
    Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-06
    Posts: 448
    Betpoints: 4191

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    This should be clear, but there are those who have him behind Brady, Manning, even Brees (espn, yahoo). Those that think they are better are squares without a clue judging off reputation alone. Brady and Manning are two of the worst athletes in the League and can do fuk all outside the pocket and eat grass when touched.

    Rodgers now has the experience, and matches their accuracy, consistency, arm strength, preparation/work ethic, and intelligence. What he has that they don't is the ability to run, elude rushers, and improvise when pocket collapses, being able to throw a 30 yard dime running full stride. Not to mention he has the best receiving core in League with most athletic TE, Finley, back.

    I deem Rodgers to have the most talent and ability with minimal weakness. To show he absolutely compares with Brady and Manning in efficiency

    Rodgers 64.4% career passer, 2.7 TD/INT ratio, 98.4 passer rating
    Brady 63.6%, 2.5 ratio, 95.2 pr
    Manning 64.9%, 2.0 ratio, 94.9 pr
    Now factor his versatility and ability that they don't have (video) + proven winner + years to improve = best QB

    Rodgers is the complete QB. There isn't a QB alive who can make each of these plays.

    1:50 - pin point precision through an impossible window
    2:00 - 60 yard bomb after turning around to avoid pressure
    2:22 - 70 yard dime to WR mid-stride, 95 yard TD
    7:42 - spins off an unblocked rusher, eludes 2 others, completes perfect throw to WR's outside shoulder
    7:52 - no one open, dodges 3 defenders to run it in



    Rodgers +500 or better to win MVP
    I'm going exclude the FF douchebags in my response. Rodgers is a very good up and coming QB but to put his name in the same club as Manning or Brady is a mistake. Talk to me about Rodgers stats after 12/14 years in the league. I don't think he'll sniff eithers' numbers. Just to be able to play for 14/16 years is a testament to their durabilty. Are you going to hang your hat on Rodgers surpassing that? My money says, Rodgers will never come close to the numbers Peyton and Tom put up. Just my opinion on it, I don't see Rodgers with 3 more rings. It's too hard!!!

  11. #81
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    I'm not disputing Brady's greatness or his accuracy, just feel like right now nobody is playing better than Rodgers. He's been on a amazing run and I don't see it stopping soon. As for Young, he stated he'd pick Rodgers over anybody right now to lead his team. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, maybe.


    Young is a goof. I think he either had 1 too many concussions or is on drugs lol. I hope Rodgers style of play doesn't get him hurt too badly, because he has the skill and supporting cast to be among the all time greats.

    As long as he sucks against the Pats whenever they meet, I'm happy

  12. #82
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    # of doubters down to about 17

    There were professional writers who had Rodgers at #4 preseason..

    Again Tom is a statue in the pocket. Serious pressure = finished

    Rodgers matches, and maybe raises, his passing and reading skills while adds the mobility
    Points Awarded:

    iifold gave Sunde91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  13. #83
    GunShard
    Bet less than 4% of your bankroll.
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-05-10
    Posts: 9,141
    Betpoints: 30

    Aaron Rodgers is the next Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

  14. #84
    jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-27-08
    Posts: 3,590
    Betpoints: 452

    are both superior pocket passers?
    yes.
    both read defenses, change plays, protections?
    yes.
    which one is mobile.
    rodgers.

    rodgers is wat tom brady would be if he could run
    thats y he is the best QB in the league.

  15. #85
    the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-10
    Posts: 2,725
    Betpoints: 6605

    1a. Brady
    1b. Rodgers
    2. Brees
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/12/2020


  16. #86
    the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-10
    Posts: 2,725
    Betpoints: 6605

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    # of doubters down to about 17

    There were professional writers who had Rodgers at #4 preseason..

    Again Tom is a statue in the pocket. Serious pressure = finished

    Rodgers matches, and maybe raises, his passing and reading skills while adds the mobility


    Rodgers is a monster, don't get me wrong. But Tom is the best pure pocket passer in the league hands down. When you add in Rodgers mobility factor it makes it almost impossible to pick one or the other..defs the top 2 in the game today tho.

    Btw, any QB gets finished under serious pressure. Rodgers line was really good last year and never got overpowered in any of their playoff games.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/12/2020


  17. #87
    the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-10
    Posts: 2,725
    Betpoints: 6605

    Quote Originally Posted by trendon View Post
    This. And before anyone gets mad at me, I think Rodgers is so goddamn awesome.

    However, for right now. Brady and Manning are in their own little special bubble. If anyone is in it with them or near it, it is not Rodgers, it is Philip Rivers. The big difference? These three have succeeded (in varying degrees) with revolving casts - and in Brady and Rivers' case, often pretty ******* pedestrian - and behind often leaky defenses.

    Rodgers is the type of QB that will be able to do that. He just hasn't done it yet. I know he is the en vogue pick to sau "GREATEST!" and saying Brady makes you look like a square; I just see Brady do shit every week that is just absurd.
    Sorry bro, Rodgers is miles better than Philip Rivers.

    Right now it is Brady and Rodgers THEN Manning and Brees THEN Rivers, Roethlisberger etc.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/12/2020


  18. #88
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    I still have Brady at 1 and Rodgers 2, but they are head and shoulders above any other QB right now.

    Rodgers mobility also greatly increases his risk for injury... that's not something that so easily works to his advantage IMO

  19. #89
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    every QB gets finished under serious pressure
    Rodgers tonight played with 2 zero experience OTs who let pressure on him all night. He made plays, 400 yards, 66%, won the game.
    Last year Playoff game @ATL, dodged pressure all game (video in OP has this) and made plays

    Brady has lost his last 3 playoff games (Giants, Ravens, Jets) because they got to him

    mobility increases risk for injury
    Brady missed all of 2008, pocket QB. Manning out for the year, pocket QB. Collins knocked out vs. PITT, pocket QB. On and on.

    Rodgers isn't regularly taking big hits for running downfield. The Lions concussion hit where he ran 30 yards downfield and got hit in the back was rare. He didn't slide and should have, lesson learned.

  20. #90
    jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-27-08
    Posts: 3,590
    Betpoints: 452

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I still have Brady at 1 and Rodgers 2, but they are head and shoulders above any other QB right now. Rodgers mobility also greatly increases his risk for injury... that's not something that so easily works to his advantage IMO
    WHAT???????????
    how does his ability to avoid sacks and tackles increases his risk for injuries?
    his ability to scramble is the sole reason he is the best QB in the league
    u think tom brady in statue mode is a better option than if tom brady could scramble?????
    cuz that what rodgers is at this point in his career.

  21. #91
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Rodgers tonight played with 2 zero experience OTs who let pressure on him all night. He made plays, 400 yards, 66%, won the game.
    Last year Playoff game @ATL, dodged pressure all game (video in OP has this) and made plays

    Brady has lost his last 3 playoff games (Giants, Ravens, Jets) because they got to him



    Brady missed all of 2008, pocket QB. Manning out for the year, pocket QB. Collins knocked out vs. PITT, pocket QB. On and on.

    Rodgers isn't regularly taking big hits for running downfield. The Lions concussion hit where he ran 30 yards downfield and got hit in the back was rare. He didn't slide and should have, lesson learned.
    You're joking, right? Its football... everyone gets hurt at some point. Brady's injury was a pretty fluke injury, could've happened to any QB, whether they are a pocket passer or not. Rodgers has had at least 2 concussions already, and people think he played through another. His injuries are directly related to his running. How many more shots can he take??

    Mobile QBs are much more prone to injury... not sure how anyone can argue this.

  22. #92
    sweethook
    hes one of us
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-21-07
    Posts: 12,131
    Betpoints: 672


  23. #93
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    Are you joking? Being mobile in itself doesnt magically mean more injuries

    Vick is mobile but gets banged up because he's regularly running down field taking hits, running QB dives between tackles, etc.

    1st Rodgers concussion vs. Skins he was knocked on his back in the pocket, nothing to do with running

    Through 3+ seasons, he has missed 1 game from injury - get a clue

  24. #94
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    WHAT???????????
    how does his ability to avoid sacks and tackles increases his risk for injuries?
    his ability to scramble is the sole reason he is the best QB in the league
    u think tom brady in statue mode is a better option than if tom brady could scramble?????
    cuz that what rodgers is at this point in his career.
    How many concussions does Rodgers have so far?

    Yes, I do think Brady is better as is than if he was more like Rodgers. Brady has better pocket presence than any QB, and moves around in the pocket incredibly well. Why does he need to run? Just to have a Ray Lewis/John Lynch type player try to take his head off? And LOL at Rodgers being a mobile Brady at this point in his career. Rodgers is a great QB with a ton of potential, but he's not at "one of the greatest ever" status.. not yet.

  25. #95
    nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-27-06
    Posts: 7,445
    Betpoints: 357

    Not sure why we put him ahead of Brady or Peyton, it's close. He has won a super bowl and....

  26. #96
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Are you joking? Being mobile in itself doesnt magically mean more injuries

    Vick is mobile but gets banged up because he's regularly running down field taking hits, running QB dives between tackles, etc.

    1st Rodgers concussion vs. Skins he was knocked on his back in the pocket, nothing to do with running

    Through 3+ seasons, he has missed 1 game from injury - get a clue
    When did I say it magically means more injuries?

    I said it makes him MORE LIKELY to be injured. Again, not really sure how this can be argued... I guess if we really wanted the answers, we could dig through a ton of info to find the rate of injury from hits for both scrambling plays and in-pocket plays. Quite honestly, I don't care enough to do that, so I guess I'll just agree to disagree.



  27. #97
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    You're saying "mobile QBs are more prone to injuries" as if a blanket description where a QB like Rodgers equates to a QB like Vick. Isn't the same

    If we are talking about Vick, no argument. It's not a coincidence he's been in the league about 8 years and has completed a whole season once. We know why by the way he plays, i.e. he uses his mobility not just to elude pressure, but to attack the defense, leading to lots of hits

    Look at Rodgers and the evidence is negligible. 58 total career opportunities to play in 3 seasons - missed one from injury. He is "mobile", but rarely attacks the defense, mostly used to avoid pressure

  28. #98
    daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-11
    Posts: 8,943

    Still Tom Brady.. No contest!

  29. #99
    Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-10-10
    Posts: 1,218
    Betpoints: 4435

    Rodgers threw his 100th TD pass tonight and in doing so has thrown the fewest int's of any QB in NFL history leading up to his 100 TD's.
    Rodgers is the most mobile and accurate QB in the league which makes him the best. He has a 71% completion percentage 9.6 YPA and a QB rating of 122.9 tops in the league, yes he is the best.

  30. #100
    priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 2,289

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Rodgers threw his 100th TD pass tonight and in doing so has thrown the fewest int's of any QB in NFL history leading up to his 100 TD's.
    Rodgers is the most mobile and accurate QB in the league which makes him the best. He has a 71% completion percentage 9.6 YPA and a QB rating of 122.9 tops in the league, yes he is the best.
    You're a homer.

    Rodgers has the best offense in football surrounding him, and the above stats you mentioned are due to him sitting around with a clip board for 3 full years practicing the offense and having the offense BUILT around him.

    Guys like Jay Cutler are drafted and then start their first year and then get new coaches every year and new systems every year and on top of that, they have no offensive line and NO WR or TE talent.

    IF you want to gloat about the Packers being great, then please, by all means, do it...

    But if you put Jay Cutler in a Packers uniform and Aaron Rodgers in a Bears uniform, Jay Cutler would be winning the super bowls and Rodgers would most likely be injured and have mediocre numbers b/c most QBs just can't take the beating Cutler endures.

    And this argument applies to more than just Cutler... there are lots of really talented QBs out there, but unfortunately, how good you are as a QB is largely defined by the players around you.

    Brady is good, but his system is even better. 75% of the QBs in the NFL could be highly successful in the Patriots' system... Cassel isn't that good, but he did very good as a Patriot that year Brady went down.

  31. #101
    Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 8,332
    Betpoints: 254

    Jay Cutler would have won the Super Bowl

    Rodgers won the SB with 2 rookie TEs and a below average running game. Relied on precise throws all year to WRs

    Team talent has nothing to do with Rodgers delivering the ball perfectly every time that allows receivers to maximize YAC.

    Watch the tape in the OP idiot. The big talent is Rodgers and no one is close

    Cassel had average stats in 08 (Cassel sat for 3 years too in NE no mention of that here like for Rodgers lol)
    Last edited by Sunde91; 10-10-11 at 04:36 AM.

  32. #102
    priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 2,289

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Jay Cutler would have won the Super Bowl

    Talent has nothing to do with Rodgers delivering the ball perfectly every time that allows receivers to maximize YAC. Watch the tape in the OP idiot. No one is close to Rodgers

    Cassel had average stats in 08 (Cassel sat for 3 years too in NE no mention of that here like for Rodgers lol)

    You are resorting to name calling because you have nothing else.

    Have you ever watched Devin Hester run a route and then watched Greg Jennings run a route? It is night and day. How the **** is Cutler supposed to deliver the ball to these clowns when they don't run the right route?

    Not to mention, that Rodgers gets GREAT protection.

    You have obviously never played or studied the game to not realize that having no protection and no weapons is drastically different from having great protection and having Jennings (a top 5 NFL WR), Jermichael Finley (a top 3 NFL TE), as well as Jordy Nelson, who is excellent in the slot, etc, etc.

    The Packers legitimately have 5 weapons in their receiving corps significantly better than anything the Bears have to offer.

    You can take your clueless comments and insults elsewhere. You offer nothing to this discussion.

  33. #103
    priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-22-11
    Posts: 2,289

    Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett? I love them as a Bears fan, but none of those guys would make the Packers' roster as a WR...

    Forte is the only legitimate receiving threat on the entire team. That is sad.

    Jesus himself couldn't put up good numbers under center for the Bears.

  34. #104
    the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-10
    Posts: 2,725
    Betpoints: 6605

    Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    You're a homer. Rodgers has the best offense in football surrounding him, and the above stats you mentioned are due to him sitting around with a clip board for 3 full years practicing the offense and having the offense BUILT around him. Guys like Jay Cutler are drafted and then start their first year and then get new coaches every year and new systems every year and on top of that, they have no offensive line and NO WR or TE talent. IF you want to gloat about the Packers being great, then please, by all means, do it... But if you put Jay Cutler in a Packers uniform and Aaron Rodgers in a Bears uniform, Jay Cutler would be winning the super bowls and Rodgers would most likely be injured and have mediocre numbers b/c most QBs just can't take the beating Cutler endures. And this argument applies to more than just Cutler... there are lots of really talented QBs out there, but unfortunately, how good you are as a QB is largely defined by the players around you. Brady is good, but his system is even better. 75% of the QBs in the NFL could be highly successful in the Patriots' system... Cassel isn't that good, but he did very good as a Patriot that year Brady went down.
    This is just a dumb post. Patriots missed the playoffs with Cassell under center. Anyone who thinks Brady is a "system QB" is beyond clueless. Even more dumb is the fact that you said Cutler would win superbowls under center with the Packers.

    Brady and Rodgers are the 2 best QB's in the league followed by Brees to anyone who knows football.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/12/2020


  35. #105
    the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-10
    Posts: 2,725
    Betpoints: 6605

    Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett? I love them as a Bears fan, but none of those guys would make the Packers' roster as a WR...

    Forte is the only legitimate receiving threat on the entire team. That is sad.

    Jesus himself couldn't put up good numbers under center for the Bears.
    And it comes out...your a Bears fan. Pretty obvious your just upset after Rodgers dumped on your Bears in the playoffs and then again this season.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/19/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/12/2020


First 1234 Last
Top