chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

America: Country or Continent?

I was taught in school as a child that there are 7 continents: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

Others think that that the entire North/South America landmass is simply one continent called America. I say that America is the name of a country, and not the name of a continent.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

never heard someone call north and south america 1 continent

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

President Obama flies to England for a meeting with the Queen. Over a cup of tea, Obama brings up his grand new plan for his country.

‘Your Majesty,’ he begins. ‘Can we turn America into a kingdom, in order to increase our role in the global economy?’

The Queen shakes her head and replies, ‘One needs a king for a kingdom, and unfortunately you are most certainly not a king.’

Not to be dissuaded, he asks, ‘Would it be possible to transform America into an empire, then?’

‘No,’ replies the Queen. ‘For an empire you need an emperor, and you are most certainly not an emperor.’

Obama thinks for a moment and then asks if it’s possible to turn America into a principality.

The Queen replies, ‘For a principality, you need a prince – and you are not a prince.’

Pausing for a sip of her tea, Her Majesty then adds: ‘I don’t mean to appear rude, but having met both you and several other Americans, I think America is perfectly suited as a country.’

(I'll get my coat !!!)

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

LOL, I liked that

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

North America and South America are both seperate continents.