bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

How did the Mavericks beat the Lakers 4-0?

I mean really does anybody know what the payout was for Mavericks to win 4-0, like 100-1? Its hard for me to even believe the NBA's famously rigged refs would ever let that series end 4-0. The NBA never throws away money like that, I thought that would be a 6 or 7 game series absolutely guaranteed, the fact they didnt even play a game 5 in LA which was worth millions and millions blows my mind, I've spent years thinkin the NBA refs are rigged and for the most part guys like Donaghy have confirmed that but that Lakers series still has me amazed, all the refs had to do was let that game 3 6 pt Laker lead in the 4th qtr turn into a win and they make millions and millions for the NBA by forcing at least a game 5 in LA if not a game 6 in Dallas as well but they didnt for once

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Lakers had given up after game 1.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Game 3 they led by 6 going into the 4th, they win that game and it's 2-1 with a guaranteed game 5 and a likely game 6 to effectively decide the series (game 7s are just an automatic win for the home team in NBA, something like 85% home team wins in game 7s lifetime). In the past everytime Kobe was breathed on he would've been headed to the line as ordered by the NBA execs to insure a Lakers win and making the NBA many many millions more dollars but this time Kobe shot a total of 0 free throws in the 4th qtr, in fact the Mavs didnt even get into the bonus in the 4th qtr with only a total of 4 fouls, the 4th coming when they were up 6 with 9 seconds left and the game was over anyway.

Most shocking series I've ever seen in the NBA, before the series I would've said Mavs 4-0 was impossible, I just didnt believe the refs would allow that series to not even make game 5 in LA which would've been worth a fortune to the Lakers and NBA
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 05-20-11 at 09:54 AM.

Hazious
    Lake Show Life
    Hazious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

no point guard (fish and blake were a joke) and softy gasol, along with a non producing or defending artest, and an aging kobe... and no bench. barnes and brown were non factors.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakers quit
    Also had internal issues
    Also Dallas play over their heads

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by Hazious View Post
    no point guard (fish and blake were a joke) and softy gasol, along with a non producing or defending artest, and an aging kobe... and no bench. barnes and brown were non factors.
    That sums it up pretty well.