Originally posted on 08/16/2010:

Derek Jeter without a question

I am from NY. I watch baseball but i never under stood why everyone keeps saying Jeter is clutch. Only thing clutch about him is hitting into double plays and striking out and looking at the umpire with a ARE YOU SERIOUS LOOK when its clearly a strike. I also hate it when he's at the plate and then gives the umpire the finger thing where he tells the ump to hold up because he is not ready. Everytime a pitch comes close to him, he jumps like the ball is going to hit him.

I always thought hey if the yankees are down 1 run or 2 in the bottom of the 9th, who would want for the yankees to have at bat. I recalled i looked at their whole lineup few years ago and said Jeter was pretty much the 2nd to last player i want to be at the plate behind some 9th place hitter who is substituting for a regular player. Guys like Cano, Swisher, Giambi, Arod, Posada, Matsui all could hit. Only thing Jeter can do is hit singles and those singles usually bounce in the infield first and not the traditionally singles. Jeter also has no power at all. Have you guys seen him hit 1 home run where he did not need to run and knew it was a home run?

I like the Yankees but i just don't like Jeter. He gets paid so much yet is nothing but a singles hitter. I always wondered, how the heck does Jeter have this many hits in his career when all i see him do is ground into DP more than any other player in baseball. I watched tons of yankee games and noticed that most of jeters hits came when they yankees are usually up a fair amount of runs. Like being up 8-2 in the 6th inning and 8th inning and he hits 2 singles. I never seen him have any clutch hits even back in the late 90s. He hit a HR against the Orioles when some kid named Mayor took his glove from an Orioles Player.

Have you seen how Jeter always make a routine ground ball look so good? Most normal SS would just pick up the ball and throw it. Jeter would get the ball then jump up in the air like Jordan just to make the play spectacular. I even found out Jeter's defensive is one of the worst for the shortstop position. If this guy wasn't in the Yankees, there is absolutely no way he would be this popular. Have you seen his stats every year? I think on average he hits 13 hr a year with 65 RBIs. I think he never had 1 grand slam until 2 years ago with the bases loaded. I recalled the YES network said Jeter has not hit a GS in like a huge amount of games.

I love watching the Yankees on TV and i get a big laugh when its the 9th inning with the Yankees down and Jeter comes to the plate. I usually think this pitcher must be so happy Jeter is batting because he will either
1. STRIKE OUT and give a WTF LOOK
2. Grounder to the shortstop for easy out
3. Grounder to DP.