Originally posted on 11/01/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
Your primary audience of people who watch sports programming is primarily conservative, white males. ESPN has turned into a uber libtard network more interested in making a martyr out of Kap than actually discussing sports. This shit isn't going to fly with the people actually paying the bills.

Stay woke fam.
Nnnnnnnope. Sure wish it was, but it's not.

They can double their race-baiting shows, they'll still be the top game in town because they're still a monopoly.

What happened though was like me, people are dumping cable packages altogether now with all of the new tech out there. This is a problem for a lot of cable channels, but none of them are as horrendously over-leveraged as ESPN, because the Food Network and Nickelodeon don't have to pay exorbitant amounts of money for the rights to all of these sports, like the article was describing.

It was bad foresight. When Apple TV started to become a thing, people who make a lot more money than we do should have seen the writing on the wall. But instead, they doubled-down, and now they're ******.

Kinda happy to see it to be honest. They got too far away from reporting sports and showing highlights. They told us what we wanted to see, rather than give us what we actually wanted to see. Then later with the social issues bias and all that other fukkery. It's like the school bully -- I don't want to see him die, but I want to be there when he gets the severe beating he's been begging for for years.