Originally posted on 10/28/2015:

You can call me crazy... Maybe It's just me being a typical look at the hope, believe in the miracles, or maybe even wishing for something that is not so destined to be....

History always has a strange way of repeating itself. Right when the first pitch was thrown from Harvey I felt something ( It wasn't indegestion, I eat pretty healthy and work out ) but it was certainly something. I was born in 1987. I have not been on this earth when the mets have won a world series.

I have had season tickets for every sunday at shea stadium since I was a kid, but stopped due to my grandpa passing who I miss every day... It came to around 26 games a year ( give or take ) . Our rivals used to be the braves when I was a kid. I hated chipper jones, and used to scream LARRY as a little pecker head at a tiny age. I went to both world series games held at shea in 2000 with my family.

I remember spilling my soda all over my uncle because I leaped up when Piazza hit the blast in game 5 , and bernie williams ran back to the warning track only to run back in and make the catch. I knew that year just as a little kid the mets had a power house, but it wasn't going to happen from game 1. I knew it, and was prepared, but I still cried for a week..

Fast forward to now. We are in the middle of game 2 as I'm writing this and I can tell right now the mets are not winning this game. HOWEVER , I do think that this is the real miracle mets fans like me have waited for. I absolutely and firmly believe it.

In 1986 the mets lost the first two games, only to come back and win in game 7. They did it on the road. We have the chance to do it at home with an incredible home record. I saw little bits and pieces throughout these 2 games that keep flashing inside my head showing me this might very well be the miracle team. And that it is all destined to go a certain way.

The one lone error at first, after the royals had not made one in a ridiculous amount of games, certain mannerisms and feelings I just can't explain...

I am predicting this right now. The mets are going to come back. They will win it in game 7 just like it happened in 86. But I feel they will win the next 2 games.... Lose game 5... Something magical such as a Dan Murphy homerun to give the mets the lead in game 6. And then an early deficit in game 7, to a come back, and run with it from the 5th inning on...... Repeating in similar fashion to the 86 Mets

OR

They lose the next game at Citi field, going down to 3-0. Taking each game after as a nailbiter, with people such as D'arnaud and duda along with flores and others becoming the unsung heroes and coming back to bring it to game 7. Where they then will have a pitching duel up until David Wright who will finally break out and win it for the mets as a home grown comparable to the great derek jeter. They win it all in game 7 and RE-WRITE and keep the history of the miracle mets as a new furnished brand of the 2000 era for one of the greatest comebacks in world series history....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those are my 2 predictions but both are REWRITING or REPEATING history in some form or fashion. And thats what this Miracle mets team will do
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am a Met fan and it's hard for myself to really believe what I am saying.. But maybe this time it isn't the hope and " we will get em next year " or " we can be AMAZIN AGAIN! "... Maybe this time I actually sense history in the making, before my very eyes.....

Enjoy the series everyone!!!!

Yeah the more I read this, the more I sound like a penetrating idiot met fan.............. But this time is different