Originally posted on 07/11/2014:

Most likely in regulation time as well. Betting on matches in the world cup based on previous matches is a recipe for disaster. Stop thinking results matter, because Spain won every critical game 1-0 in 2010 when I told you all they'd win the cup. Low is a good manager but I don't trust him in this game. The world cup is not a time to experiment. Germany's defense is suspect. The way to beat Argentina is in the midfield. And Germany has the best midfield in the world with Schwein, Kroos, and Khedira. You can't find too many flaws in their team really. That's why I bet them pre-tourney to win it all -- simply because of the roster, and the hunger level. Germany has the best roster on paper, followed by Spain, and then Argentina imo.

Germany's D is really shaky. There isn't one guy back there that can handle the speed and agressiveness of the Argentinians. Boetang is going to get exposed in this game, mark my words. Messi will have him turning in circles. People say "messi hasn't had that world cup moment. he doesn't look like the best player in the world." everyone has to remember that it doesn't matter what's happened to this point. It's one game. All the pressure is on Messi. His legacy is on the line. It's just one game. Who do you trust more taking a free kick in a world cup final? Messi or Ozil/Schweinsteiger/Muller/whoever else they like to get in on it. The answer is a no-brainer. I don't care what Messi has done to this point.

Di Maria will 100% be back to play this match. This Germany team is slow at the back, trust me. The speed of Argentina with Messi Di Maria Higuaine Aguero is going to give the Germany defense fits. Big fits. You will see.

Argentina's defense has been the best defense in the tournament bar none. Marcherano is playing the best of his career. And look at the veteran presence at the back with Demechales Marcherano and Zabaleta. All guys that have played in multiple world cups and don't seem to have slowed down. The only defender on Germany I can say has that experienced and hasn't slowed down is Lahm.

The key for Germany is that they've really been able to keep their midfielders right where they should be for the entire tournament. They haven't been challenged too mcuh defensively. When that happens, Germany starts to control the entire game because their midfielders are playing forward now for 75% of the match. That won't happen against Argentina. The passes from the midfielders to the forwards are gonna be a lot longer and more stretched then you've ever seen them in previous games this tournament.

I don't like Argentina's mids too much, but they will do enough here to just avoid dribbling by the German midfielders. We may see a good amount of long balls to skip the midfield. I'm not sure. All I know is that Argentina's attack will control this game.

The Germans know how to score inside the box better than anyone but that is gonna be shut down by Argentina. They're gonna have to take some chances from outside, and they are certainly capable with that stacked roster. I think bringing in Podolski around the 75th minute will be a great move her by Low, which he probably won't do.

If there's one team that can control a superstar, it's Germany. They're definitely creative enough to make something happen in this game, but I'm telling you, they will really have a tough time scoring against Argentina, and a tough time defending them too.

These odds should be reversed, and would be if Germany didn't slaughter a shitty ass Brazil team where that outcome was evident from a month ago. Brazil as the world cup favs. LOL. I laughed when I saw the lines.

Now someone that knows about soccer please come in here and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.