Originally posted on 11/25/2013:

Yeah I have to agree, good luck gett'in American players to pony up a grand to be held in some unfamiliar offshore supposedly legitimate "escrow" site. The BI fiasco has really soured a lot of trust around here with the exception of the dumb ass pro and non pro newbies who don't have a clue as to what the fuk happened and ask stupid questions, like "can I enter this with points?"

Hell, you're not even sure if you'll be able to work it out so Americans can participate. I honestly don't see how you're gonna generate enough excitement for a 1 million dollar betting contest that only pays out 70 places, let alone get 700 people to kick in a grand each. What about the possibility of running a massive international poker tournament to tie in with the new odds site launch? You would be getting the best of both worlds, new betters using the site and the popularity of poker players who love to play cards and gamble.

If you really wanna create some excitement at this place John and put your money where you mouth is, sponsor a massive SBR poker tournament and send a huge team of 100 SBR logo wearing Pros to play in next years WSOP. You could still charge an entry fee to play and with a 300K overlay, the turnout and traffic generated to the site would be phenomenal. Plus, there would be no hassle with US player restrictions since the WSOP is held in the USA. The entry fees could be held in a paypal type account.

Just think about it, the top 648 cashed in this years tourney with the least amount of $19,106 and the final 8 finishing as millionaires and multi millionaires. Imagine having a 100 SBR sponsored players in that pool, the overall odds of one or more of us cashing would increase dramatically and the exposure and free publicity for SBR would be worth its weight in gold.