Originally posted on 11/05/2013:

well over 50% of marriages end in divorce. I hate my marriage personally, It wouldn't be a terrible idea for those wanting children, but most people I know are divorced if they married .

my wife is divorced and her youngest daughter born in 1985 and her older daughter will be soon and my deceased mother divorced before marrying my father and two of my exes were divorced.

marriage doesn't work so well in the USA. The divorce rate is easily over 50% and climbing.

I don't know what to say about it, but the stats don't lie. I don't know very many happily married couples,,,,I do know of many that just endure bad unions in particular if children are involved and I know people that have been divorced 2 or more times. I knew a guy in Vegas that was married under 2 weeks before a divorce/ anullment

I think my youngest stepdaughter's BF does it right. He's a millionare ( self0made) at least a few times over and has 3 young daughters and never married the mother, he is an excellent father and provider.Step-daughter isn't all that interested in marriage or producing kids as she divorced about 1-2 years ago and isn't really the mother type, but does play that role on occasion to the BF's progeny. she gets to live in a 5,000 sf virtual mansion and work for the BF and make pretty good money like maybe 50k while he pays all the bills.

I doubt that is a forever type of relationship with a guy that had 3 kids without getting married., but he does provide for them at a very high level.

I think you should marry if the relationship is looking to be longterm and you might be having kids.

Whatever floats their boats though !

a recently divorced hot 28 year old with a rich guy that doesn't seem to approve of marriage even with 3 kids which I consider odd, and I don't think the S/D has any thoughts of being a mother anytime soon, she doesn't really like kids.

The BF was like the best friend of the husband she divorced, a bit of an odd situation and two people that aren't exactly the marrying type, especially Bill and I don't think the S/d is looking to get married soon after a not too great marriage of a few years.

I don't really see this as a permanent or 10-20 year relationship. The guy has more leverage here. Even if they broke up, I think he would continue to employ her as a Fed-ex driver for like 50k a year....somebody has to drive these trucks for him, he needs like 12 drivers and she is considered to be one his best drivers so likely to continue working for him even if they split up

Pretty decent gig for her, some babysitting type of stuff, but you get to live in 5,000 sf minimansion and make 50k and have no real bills....i"m sure she has to put out pretty good for that LOL !

works for both parties, not sure it works for 10,15, 20 years ?