Originally posted on 05/28/2013:

I think you have to start with Geno Smith and EJ Manuel as the most likely to have the chance to make a big impact and get the media hype. Unfortunately, neither one has a lot of weapons to throw to, making it tough to stand out. Especially following the Luck/RG3/Wilson show last season.

Outside of QBs, you probably scratch the most of the receivers as not getting enough opportunities to put up a strong stat line. It's pretty rare for a rookie receiver to adjust to the pro level quickly enough to set themselves apart. The impact of Joekel & Fisher will be huge, but OTs have a tough time getting recognized.

A few of the RBs will be entrenched behind elite #1 backs, but Le'Veon Bell has a good shot at being the Steelers' #1 tailback this season as he's better than Dwyer. Between Lacy and Franklin, you're stuck with wondering if drafting these two guys represents a genuine shift in mentality to bring a significant rushing attack to Lambeau or if they'll be content with just adding a change of pace. I think the 51 sacks Rodgers took last season and the restructured OL make it a lot more likely that McCarthy will really give these guys a chance to prove themselves, and ultimately Franklin will win the #1 starting job. Franklin is a better pass protector and a little better in running screens, not to mention being less of an injury risk.

I don't think making any bets on this is smart until you start to see what's coming out of practices and preseason.