Originally posted on 10/26/2012:

Louisville just came off a game against USF, which was good preparation for Cincinnati since both teams use a dual-threat QB. Cincinnatti's QB Munchie Legaux is only completing 53% of his passes, and last week in his first road game of the year he only completed 41% of his passes against a god-awful Toledo MAC passing defense that gives up 300 PASSING YARDS PER GAME. Louisville, giving up only 213 ypg and with 14 sacks, is going to rattle Legaux tonite and force him into bad throws and constant scrambles. They held BJ Daniels (who averages 245 yards per game against far better competition to what Legaux has faced) to only 189 yards on 55% completions last week. They will not be intimidated by Legaux.

This is a revenge game for Louisville, so don't expect them to let Cincinnati off the hook. This Louisville team is the best team that Charlie Strong has had in his three years. They returned 15 starters this year, including the dynamic QB Terry Bridgewater, while last year they only had 10 returning starters (3 on offense) and yet still finished 7-6. Last year they led Cincinnati 16-7 at half time on the road, despite having 6 FEWER returning starters to what Cinci had. The TABLES ARE REVERSED for this year, as Cincinnati is a very young team on offense with only 4 returning starters from last year. When you put that kind of inexperience into a hostile night environment in only their second road game, and against a good defense, bad things will happen to you.

X-Factor: Cincinnati will be in their second game without DE Walter Stewart, who is their sacks leader and defensive captain. If Bridgewater has time to throw tonight (he will), expect Michaelee Harris and Eli Rogers to have enormous games.

LOUISVILLE -3.5

POSTSCRIPT: "Machine, you were way off on UL-Lafayette on Tues night. Fu#% You, I don't trust your opinions." Let me tell you motherfu%*ers something: ULL was missing both of their leading wide receivers in that game (Peoples and Lawson) but both were listed as probable prior to the game. Lawson was in for 5 snaps and then left. I did not factor their absence into my analysis. And then, for some dumb ass reason, the ULL coaching staff bottled up Broadway and wouldn't give him ANY plays where he could rush the ball. Arkansas State gives up over 200 yards per game on the ground, and yet Hudspeth tried to convert Broadway into a pure pocket passer and did not exploit the rush defense in his game plan! Why not? I don't know. Alonzo Harris was only fed the ball 7 times and yet he averaged 4 yards per carry. Why didn't he get the ball more? Plus, factor in FIVE turnovers, and you have the makings of a blowout, which is what happened. Coaching staff = FAIL