Originally posted on 07/26/2012:

Emily, I used to be this way until I stopped playing 24/7...........

What I learned from this is although I believed playing poker 24/7 was great for my overall experience (making me a pro) I was fooling myself.What I mean by this is it fukked with my poker psyche horribly, in other words I became a horrible player using this approach.I became delusional, paranoid, undisciplined, reckless etc. in the poker sense of mind.This holds true to all things in life you indulge on excessively .

Don't think this is true?

Try and think back to when you first took up the game of poker,I'll bet you were a better player mostly because you were playing without an addictive personality, enjoying the game for what it was, not for "how unfair" it is.Also your luck of draw of the cards were most likely noticeably better which made you win more often..........

The very critical point I'm trying to make is this enjoyable winning was all in your own mind but as you progressed to full blown addiction, the game of poker became less enjoyable to you due to the negative beats that seemed to add up only because the human mind tends to remember negative over positive and when this gradually adds up your poker world eventually becomes a hopeless negative filled cause..........

The human mind is the most powerful existence on Earth,learn to work with it instead of abusing it and all things will become more clearer to you with each and every day you practice this approach...........