Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
The '06 team had prime Wade, LeBron, CP3, Melo, D Howard, and Bosh and lost to Greece. It can happen. Just look at the 4 you mention. Would you put them on the floor together? Who handles the ball? Since you can't get shots for all of them, will everyone perform well in a role they're not used to?
Those world championships or whatever are worthless. I think US only cares about the olympics. They won every game except the finals (11 pts) by like 35 points. Embarrassed teams. Wade was the best player in 08 olympics.

This is Bryant's last Olympics probably. All the players feed off his intensity. After watching Kobe's workout routine in 08, Lebron and Wade were stunned. They took it upon themselves to be better defenders and hustlers after watching him.

US will probably start Chandler maybe Kevin Love at the C. Neither of those guys will require touches, even Love who is great. Lebron and CP3 will both be faciliators and Kobe and Durant will take 50% of the shots. Mello will contribute. Just too many scorers and lock down defenders.

USA had some weak ass Olympic teams before 2008. Lebron was on the 04 team and he was one of the best players on that team and wasn't even one of the top players in the league in 04, his second season in the nba. Not sure how those teams were selected.

Plus I think they will be inspired by the dream team documentary that aired this month. When it comes down to it, I don't see Kobe Bryant going out with Silver in his last Olympics. It won't happen.