Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
People keep posting news about black on white crime, trying to compare it to the Zimm-Martin case. The big difference is, those black people were arrested and thrown in jail (where a criminal belongs). Zimmerman was not arrested. It was like, "Oh you shot a n****r, he probably deserved it. You're free to go." Posting black on white crimes isn't helping any, it just makes it seems like the people calling racism are right: "black people commit crimes, they go to jail. White people (yes I'm aware Zimm is white *and* hispanic) commit crimes they're let off the hook."

It's not about white citizens treating black citizens bad (we are mostly passed that), or black citizens treating white citizens bad. It's about equality and it always has been: are black and white people treated equally? I think most people upset about this case, wanted to see the guy put on trial. Zimm killed an unarmed teen. There should be an arrest, trail, and verdict.

Then people wonder why those young photos were used. Some folks understand how American society is when it comes to race. There still is a lot of racism and subconscious racism. (See Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink") Black people have to be damn near painted as saints to get any sympathy from the general public.
Have you seen the evidence in the case? or do you just take in the bits and pieces that you hear from puff daddy?

If a black man was arrested and charged for murder for what was clear to see a case of self defense I would be outraged also. No man should be put in jail and forced to prove himself innocent of a crime when their is a severe lack of evidence to prove that a crime happened.

So because black people feel that a black man in the same situation would have been wrongly accused of murder they form a lynch mob to assure that the same thing happens to this man. Is that what you people call equal rights?