t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't ever hit a parlay

I did a 3 team parlay today.

I took
    under 33.5 for the (bills/ravens game)
    Cincin -6
    N.O Saints -7.5

2 out of freaking three again. I have been close three times this season. The last 3 team parlay I lost was by half of point.

At least I won with the single play Dallas -9.
    Last edited by t2wentyfou4r; 10-21-07 at 09:24 PM.

djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

when a bookie hears a parlay they get happy....

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe you should try sweetheart (13pt) teasers instead?

Otherwise it is better to bet the games individually.

I take teasers as something to be played more for fun not serious profit.

t2wentyfou4r

Most of my plays are single plays. I try my luck with a parlay once in awhile.

jon13009

Seems to happen every time with parlays, hit 3-4, 4-5....

There is that 1 freaking game that sucks the life out of you.

The problem is when you hit a few parlays, then you think it happens all the time. It doesn't.

That is why the books LOVE players who do them, because in the long run, parlays are bankroll killers.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hit 2 out of 3 a lot during basketball season so i started doing this: i take my best pick and bet 100 on it straight up, then i parley their opponent with my other 2 picks for 15 bucks. a couple of sites pay true odds on the 3 teamer, so it helps to use one of them. you never lose when u get the 2 out of 3. i ladder these up and down all basketball season which works fine if you have the stomach for it when you hit a bad stretch.

idontlikerocks

Quote Originally Posted by jon13009 View Post
    Maybe you should try sweetheart (13pt) teasers instead?

Otherwise it is better to bet the games individually.

I take teasers as something to be played more for fun not serious profit.
    i get on some nice streaks with a 7 point 2 team -teaser my book offers on monday at -110. this week I had tampa bay +9, dallas -2 1'2 ,pittsburg +3 1'2 ,washington -1, and indy +4 in different combo's, needing indy +4 on monday night to get em all.

jon13009

That is another way to go.

Just have to identify the teams to tease. If I tease, I try to only tease the good teams down to -3 or below and, (unless the tease brings the spread over 28, look for over 30) avoid teasing the poor teams up. Avoid teasing up when it is an NCAA game and the talent differences are too far apart.

Any other advice how to tease and why?

t2wentyfou4r

I realize the odds of hitting a 3,4,5 team parlay. It just drives me crazy when it comes down to one team, and they choke. I'm just venting here........ 95% of my plays are single, but I will do a parlay 1 or 2 time a month. Maybe next time hahaha

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spend $25 bucks on the book Win More, Lose Less, available from gamblersbook.com.

If you 'always' miss one game in a parlay, play round robins instead.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I usually hit the first two and lose the third.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

I was close to cashing in on an 11 team parlay with the NFL games this past Sunday. Hoston and Tampa losing tripped me up.

idontlikerocks

Quote Originally Posted by jon13009 View Post
    That is another way to go.

Just have to identify the teams to tease. If I tease, I try to only tease the good teams down to -3 or below and, (unless the tease brings the spread over 28, look for over 30) avoid teasing the poor teams up. Avoid teasing up when it is an NCAA game and the talent differences are too far apart.

Any other advice how to tease and why?
    i have no statistics to back up the way i tease. it's just been my experience to do it this way: i very rarely tease college games, only for fun when a couple of games are on at the same time. in the pro's i only tease the teams that i think can win outright, and i mostly tease these teams to giving under -3 points or getting over 3. i never tease the over in the pro's just the under, and i try to get under 45 1'2 minimum so i can win those 24 -21 games. this week i am thinking about the giants -2 1/2, philly +6, saints +4, and tenn under 48,