SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

NFL Week 7 Thursday Game: Seattle @ Arizona

Seattle @ Arizona
    This line opened at -7 and understandably so. If you consider average scoring for both teams, Seattle comes in at 3 TD’s and 2 FG’s. Arizona comes in at 2 TD’s and 2 FG’s. So, we have a final score of Seattle 27, Arizona 20 but the books must have this capped this at Seattle 20, Arizona 13 (Total opened at 40). But as we know, these inter-divisional games are often difficult to predict, which is exactly what we have in this circumstance where Seattle is on the road in a short week.

The key to capping a match like this lies in your ability to predict what the favorite will actually score. Russell Wilson is very good at not making mistakes; however, he is also very good at not getting the ball down the field. He passes for around 200 yards per game and relies mostly on the run and his wildcat tendencies to get the job done. Problem is, Arizona has one of the best run-d’s in the league having only allowed 544 yards this season. Wilson will need to get his passing game together, but we know this is not going to happen. Seattle uses a short, high percentage west-coast offensive strategy that will make it difficult for them to be a scoring machine in this spot.

Although Seattle has an unfortunate road performance history, because of Arizona’s D, and this being an inter-divisional game, a realistic score for Seattle is 20 or 23. I believe pushing Seattle to a 3rd TD here is just a bit too tall of an order. Arizona is underestimated and will score more than 14 points at home in this spot. I’m usually a bit skeptical of taking dogs directly outside of key numbers, but Arizona should be able to keep this one close.

Arizona +6.5
    Last edited by SteveRyan; 10-16-13 at 09:10 PM.

booksbroker
    booksbroker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

I am on zona +7 and under 40.5..

BOL

SXRD71
    SXRD71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2932

Yeees!!

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by booksbroker View Post
    I am on zona +7 and under 40.5..

BOL
    I am leaning the under as well, but the only thing bothering me about it is that if Seattle does happen to score that 3rd TD you can pretty much kiss the under goodbye.....and probably my +6.5 as well.

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

I parlayed dodgers today with cards +10

The cover seems like a lock.........but its also a lock that carson palmer will give the hawks a ball or two

KimberlyCapper
    KimberlyCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Seattle @ Arizona
    This line opened at -7 and understandably so. If you consider average scoring for both teams, Seattle comes in at 3 TD’s and 2 FG’s. Arizona comes in at 2 TD’s and 2 FG’s. So, we have a final score of Seattle 27, Arizona 20 but the books must have this capped this at Seattle 20, Arizona 13 (Total opened at 40). But as we know, these inter-divisional games are often difficult to predict, which is exactly what we have in this circumstance where Seattle is on the road in a short week.

The key to capping a match like this lies in your ability to predict what the favorite will actually score. Russell Wilson is very good at not making mistakes; however, he is also very good at not getting the ball down the field. He passes for around 200 yards per game and relies mostly on the run and his wildcat tendencies to get the job done. Problem is, Arizona has one of the best run-d’s in the league having only allowed 544 yards this season. Wilson will need to get his passing game together, but we know this is not going to happen. Seattle uses a short, high percentage west-coast offensive strategy that will make it difficult for them to be a scoring machine in this spot.

Although Seattle has an unfortunate road performance history, because of Arizona’s D, and this being an inter-divisional game, a realistic score for Seattle is 20 or 23. I believe pushing Seattle to a 3rd TD here is just a bit too tall of an order. Arizona is underestimated and will score more than 14 points at home in this spot. I’m usually a bit skeptical of taking dogs directly outside of key numbers, but Arizona should be able to keep this one close.

Arizona +6.5
    Could not even come close to saying it better Big Guy!! your dead on and I will wait 10 Minutes befor Game as Public is all over Seattle ....LOL

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

That 3rd TD you're referring to will be a Carson Palmer pick-6. I smell Richard Sherman with at least 1.

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Agreed, I got Zona +7. Under looks decent too. Also it's technically an intra-divisional game but we get the gist.

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

all over arizona, but im waiting to see if this hits +7. even if 5mins before game time its still +6.5 im on it.

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

what do you guys think about seahawks --- pk on a teaser?

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by dirtycash66 View Post
    what do you guys think about seahawks --- pk on a teaser?
    Personally, I would stay away from it. It's a short week for Seattle and it's an inter-divisional road game. Seems pretty unlikely for AZ to pull out a win here, but I think they will keep it close....maybe too close for comfort.

Wallbanger
    Wallbanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Vegas insiders has dropped the line from seattle -7 to -6.5 from when the Line opened even with majority of money coming on Seattle. Believe ill take the vegas side on this one Arizona +6.5 believe ill buy the hook though

dzuke155
    dzuke155's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

at betus line dropped to -5

juggernaut37
    juggernaut37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

-4.5 at bookmaker.

bringyourDgame
    bringyourDgame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

+5.5, well penetrate it, im throwing myself in this pool without my shorts. Make room!

Riza
    Riza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

LMAO! you guys are all gonna get buried here. Seahawks -6.5 was and is the only play. Seattle will roll. 2TD margin. And theres nothing that palmer and that zona D can do about it. GL backing Carson at home.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Riza View Post
    LMAO! you guys are all gonna get buried here. Seahawks -6.5 was and is the only play. Seattle will roll. 2TD margin. And theres nothing that palmer and that zona D can do about it. GL backing Carson at home.
    2 TD margin? How many TD's do you think Seattle will have?

Riza

27-13 seattle. carson will bury sbr tonight

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

I just can't put money on Palmer. He is too inconsistent.

Under is strong right now. I like Seattle too, they'll be looking for a division win to one up SF in the standings

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona has revenge on its mind. The last time these two played, Seattle won 58-0 at home last December, the worst shutout loss in Cardinals history. Seahawks The secondary, led by CB Richard Sherman and S Earl Thomas, is playing better than ever, allowing five touchdown passes in six games. With the passing game lagging, the offense isn’t what it was in 2012. Sidney Rice has just 12 catches for 181 yards. Cardinals they have protected their turf against Seattle, winning six of the past seven at home. Carson Palmer, who was acquired from the Raiders in the off season, was supposed to pump up the offense, but he has seven touchdown passes and 11 interceptions. The defense is stout, particularly against the run. My Prediction: Seahawks 21-17. Seattle QB Russell Wilson can win the game with his legs however short week and on road against a stout defense against the run.This factor is significant for a reason, simply because Seattle is running team and will get shutdown Cardinals defense & time of possession is another factor to be considered. Arizona +7 betting with Bovada.

Skinsbaby
    Skinsbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 199

I 'm counting on Cards to play an ugly game and Sea defense gets two picks and a fumble ...Sea by 9 ...24-14 ....If Cards play like they always do at home and stop the run, then a late winning field goal will give sea the win and cards cover the spread. 21-24..........................SEA -5.5
    Last edited by Skinsbaby; 10-17-13 at 04:15 PM.

Riza

If you want to back underdogs, snf and mnf are the days to do it. Backing Palmer here even with that zona D is trouble. You will be crossing your fingers all game hoping they get a back door cover. GL with whatever side you choose but when push comes to shove, I will always back the better team with the better qb.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bamadale81

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Just Grabbed Seattle -4 -115, feeling good about this one, no way it drops under 4

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

So...who took the prop for Palmer throwing a pick....?

Riza

cash that ticket

SteveRyan

Arizona +6.5 LOSS

Really frustrating. Wilson throws his average 200 something yards but manages 2 passing TD's before the half. Arizona scores about what I expected but Seattle just over-performed in this spot. Carsons interception didn't help, but Wilson turned the ball over also so it doesn't count for much.

YTD: 18-18