dharma2u
    dharma2u's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Any Proven Sports Bet That Wins 55% of the Time?

Are there any sports bets that that historically win around 55% of the time? Something like home favorites, or -160 odds at home? I am not really concerned about the juice, just the winning percentage to plug into a money management system. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

You do realize you need to hit 61.54% just to breakeven at -160 odds? Obviously you need to care about juice.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fade Deemer and Mcdummy.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

You really stepped on the opportunity for a nice sarcastic post about -300 bets there Jmon.

Not that I'd ever advocate doing something like this blindly, but there are some things that have strong showings that should be heavily considered in conjunction with other handicapping.

NFL- Stay home on monday night. Take the loser of the first in-division match to cover the spread in the rematch.

Tennis- Fade the also-ran after a career/statement upset.

Course, the books are also aware these are common wisdom. Specifically in tennis, most tennis punters are aware of that one, and the books aren't stupid.

Its funny when people look for "rules." Not that these never exist, but the more public they become, the less the value --- because the books can always change the lines. For example, there's a very rich NBA punter who semi-categorically played the over in the second half because of the free throws at the end of games as teams try to foul their way back in early in the 2000s. Now you see a slightly higher second half total, not just 50/50.

dharma2u

Thank you all very much for your feedback and information.

pringles
    pringles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by dharma2u View Post
    I am not really concerned about the juice, just the winning percentage
    you should be concerned about your ignorance : !

dharma2u

By ignorance, I assume you mean lack of information. True, I lack information, which is why I asked about wagers with a historical record of winning around 60%. For example, in MLB, I once read (but can't confirm), that the biggest home favorite on the board won over 60% of the time. At -200 min, one would not make any money flat betting, but could make good money progressive betting, (NOT Martingale!), assuming one had a large enough bankroll, which I do. I asked a simple question looking for a simple answer.