twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Anyone BET ON COACHES in NCAA Tourney?

For example, when betting or filling out my bracket I had Louisville doing well because Pitino seems to have his teams always ready for the tourney and has taken 3 different teams to the final four.

Izzo and Mich St, while I had Pitt advancing I wasn't about to bet against Mich St because their toughness always comes through in the dance.

I am not listing all the coaches here, just wondering if people here put a lot more emphasis on this during the tourney like myself or if they look more at the body of work each team has had during the season.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can see some logic in that, but there's noway in hell I bet on a team just because they have a well known coach.

twtb19

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I can see some logic in that, but there's noway in hell I bet on a team just because they have a well known coach.
    I agree with that, I guess I look at Louisville as a solid team anyway, and then will look at Pitino usually having his team ready for a tourney run compared to a relatively new coach in Capel using todays game as example.

And in the other example I listed that just came to mind because of yesterday...I avoided betting on Pitt because Izzo usually has mentally tough teams that can handle the pressure of the tourney.

Would I bet on the coach itself, not a chance...but in the tourney I think it is much more important. In the regular season on a neutral court I would have been on Pitt in a heartbeat.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Boeheim and Calhoun ?

twtb19

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Boeheim and Calhoun ?
    Syracuse wasn't in the tourney, I am more talking about in the NCAA but they have been winning in the NIT to this point. Calhoun this year is a very good point, AJ Price was out most of the game but I would have thought either way UCONN should have rolled in that game.

I am not trying to make a system of betting on just the coaches though so I guess my title is misleading. I am more wondering if people give more weight to good coaches during the tournament that during the regular season. So for example...would you give Louisville a few extra points while capping a game because of having Pitino, this is for NCAA tournament only.