flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Who is brave enough to bet Virginia?

I posted last week nobody can beat Texas Tech during their reign. This team has better athletes, better shooters, better talent , a better coach and will not be denied.
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave flyingillini 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

UVA will get plenty of the action I suppose. In one game, as good as they have been for awhile, I do like them here so you guys know what to do.

GL

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

They are a good solid team but Texas Tech are thoroughbreds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

the two best teams are in finals

It is what we know

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

The pace of this game will be exactly what Virginia thrives on.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Absolutely no chance Texas tech wins the national championship. Save your money

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10373

Will this game total sniff 100? Currently 117 but I can't see anything higher than 50s for either side

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

texas tech has what 2 guys MAYBE who can get you 20 on Monday and virginia has 3 texas tech has the best player on the court but viriginia has the next 3 I think viriginia wins 65-59
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave Ratpack 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It's close... But like Tech as they have been unstoppable. Would've never seen them beat Michigan by 20, throttle the Zags and flat out spank the Spartans. These dudes mean business
    Points Awarded:

kingdom gave JaimeMiro 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Will this game total sniff 100? Currently 117 but I can't see anything higher than 50s for either side
    This; I see a 49 - 53 Tech win

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Won 3500 on TTECH to win their region and made another dime on them vs state, prob riding them vs the Hoos as long as owens is good to go from tweaking his ankle. Both play good defense but Tech much more athletic and physical they get it done I believe.

Name:  future1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  21.9 KB

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

I did last night -1.5

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    It's close... But like Tech as they have been unstoppable. Would've never seen them beat Michigan by 20, throttle the Zags and flat out spank the Spartans. These dudes mean business
    not to mention them spanking a damn good Buffalo team by 20 points...(78 - 58)...to me, that was their most impressive victory...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Please tell me you joking, some other clown said this before last game. How the hell they have no chance? The spread less than 2!! So guess this a all in type play on uva for you?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    not to mention them spanking a damn good Buffalo team by 20 points...(78 - 58)...to me, that was their most impressive victory...
    They have faced couple of best offenses in the country and haven’t allowed any of them to even sniff a point per possession. One of greatest defensive performances I can recall. No chance I’d be against them. Uva will be the next typically efficient offense to be stifled! W as slow this game gonna be played uva won’t sniff 60.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    texas tech has what 2 guys MAYBE who can get you 20 on Monday and virginia has 3 texas tech has the best player on the court but viriginia has the next 3 I think viriginia wins 65-59
    Ain’t nobody on uva can get them 20 vs tech.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Going to come down to who throws in more contested threes.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Going to come down to who throws in more contested threes.
    UVA really hasn’t been shooting it all that well, been living more inside which ain’t gonna happen vs tech.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Anyone who likes money.

You said the same thing about UVA as you did Tech, FI.

I know you have the 1 seed bet riding here.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    They have faced couple of best offenses in the country and haven’t allowed any of them to even sniff a point per possession. One of greatest defensive performances I can recall. No chance I’d be against them. Uva will be the next typically efficient offense to be stifled! W as slow this game gonna be played uva won’t sniff 60.
    I've been riding the red raiders all along, 2dabank...and I'm not going to stop now...they've been a cash cow for me and although UVA is a damn good team having beat some very good teams in this tournament, what Texas Tech has accomplished is even more impressive...beat michigan by 19, beat buffalo by 20, beat Gonzaga by 6, beat Sparty by 10, beat Kansas by 29 in the latter part of the season...the Red Raiders are clicking on all cylinders right now and the biggest difference between them and Virginia is they are by far and away, the more balanced team...any of their starting 5 can score and beat you...Hell, their best player Jarrett Culver, had a shitty game vs. Sparty and they still beat Mich St by 10!...UVA basically relies on Guy and Jerome for their scoring...if those two don't hit their 3's, UVA is going down.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24893

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    the two best teams are in finals

It is what we know
    Pick up the quality of your posts. You're just posting shit now.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Pick up the quality of your posts. You're just posting shit now.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Tech isn't the most efficient offense at times because Culver isn't a great shooter, teams like Kansas State beat them with their defense but Virginia has been overrated all tournament, and Tech is used to play the slow pace that Virginia will want to play.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Texas Tech isn't the most efficient offense at times because Culver isn't a great shooter, teams like Kansas State beat them with their defense but Virginia has been overrated all tournament, and Tech is used to play the slow pace that Virginia will want to play.
    You basically laid out why UVA wins. Their D turned Auburn into a slowed down team that takes the whole shot clock. UVA took Purdue’s best shot and 42 from Edwards and still won. Not many teams win that game. They continue to get overlooked, yet pull it out at the end.

They don’t turn the ball over, and Jerome scores when they need it. Tech is gonna have to turn them over, but they have three guys that are great ball handlers. Two great coaches going at it. Will depend a lot on what the refs allow. If they call it tight then Tech will be called for a lot of fouls as they’re very aggressive with their hands on D. UVA uses the pack line to force you into tough perimeter shots. Mooney, and the gang will have to be hot.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I've been riding the red raiders all along, 2dabank...and I'm not going to stop now...they've been a cash cow for me and although UVA is a damn good team having beat some very good teams in this tournament, what Texas Tech has accomplished is even more impressive...beat michigan by 19, beat buffalo by 20, beat Gonzaga by 6, beat Sparty by 10, beat Kansas by 29 in the latter part of the season...the Red Raiders are clicking on all cylinders right now and the biggest difference between them and Virginia is they are by far and away, the more balanced team...any of their starting 5 can score and beat you...Hell, their best player Jarrett Culver, had a shitty game vs. Sparty and they still beat Mich St by 10!...UVA basically relies on Guy and Jerome for their scoring...if those two don't hit their 3's, UVA is going down.
    I’m with ya, tech pretty much only damn team I been right about this tourney so I’ll be damned if I’m jumping ship!!! Lol., I like culver better than hunter and I trust the shooters tech puts around him more than I do uva guys. Tech also has another off the bench that can bury treys while uva has to have them from Jerome and guy, you have to be nuts to trust guy imo, other than the 2nd half of Purdue game he has not shot it well in some time. Not to mention tech ain’t gonna leave those 2 for good looks, uva might boast a very good 3 point percentage d but I’ve seen teams get good looks vs that stupid pack line d..

I’ll say this if anyone struggling w a side the under is absolutely solid. Played in sparty Game thinking 65 possessions tops and knew it be a struggle for either to reach a point per.. this game gonna be less than 60 possessions without a doubt, prob 55ish., no chance both average a point per so loser of this game is gonna score less than 55 imo and see almost no chance it decided by more than 7. Crazy as it sounds that low ass total isn’t low enough imo. I make it 115.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

I actually like Virginia a lot.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

I just watched Kansas state game against Texas Tech, man i sure T Bennet has been watching too. Kansas State totally ripped Raiders with slow pace and hard defense. Offenses are 50/50.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

A gambling saying goes: good teams win but great teams cover. Texas tech has been a covering machine in the tournament.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by cala56 View Post
    I just watched Kansas state game against Texas Tech, man i sure T Bennet has been watching too. Kansas State totally ripped Raiders with slow pace and hard defense. Offenses are 50/50.
    Tech is getting all the credit on D, but Virginia is the real juggernaut. They force teams like UNC, and Auburn to play their way. They lost to Duke in the ACC regular season. That’s it. FSU in the ACC tourney. They’re one of the best teams in a long time.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Tech is getting all the credit on D, but Virginia is the real juggernaut. They force teams like UNC, and Auburn to play their way. They lost to Duke in the ACC regular season. That’s it. FSU in the ACC tourney. They’re one of the best teams in a long time.
    Agree 100%.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Anyone who likes money.

You said the same thing about UVA as you did Tech, FI.

I know you have the 1 seed bet riding here.
    Virginia hasn’t been making people money. They haven’t covered the spread in 2 of the last 3 games. I know you are caping for Virginia but I only care about who makes me money(don’t have fan allegiance like you).

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Virginia hasn’t been making people money. They haven’t covered the spread in 2 of the last 3 games. I know you are caping for Virginia but I only care about who makes me money(don’t have fan allegiance like you).
    Not a fan. My name is Cuse, for Syracuse. Just had UVA to win it all from the jump. They’ve been making plenty of people money. Those who had futures on them in the South regional, and now those with futures on them to win it all. Plenty of ML backers along the way as well.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7295

If the under gets down to 115-116 it might be smart to play the over. The end of the game fouling when teams are behind always adds 10-15 points that kills the unders. Plus I think the refs call fouls early to try to let the offenses move more freely.

Cuse0323

I think this game could go over. Just a feeling that the refs tighten up this game. 65-60 type win for UVA. They started calling fouls on Tech towards the end last game. Both teams may spend a lot of time at the line late.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Since I'm notn betting big on this game, I'll look for a good spot in game when a team gets down 7 or so. We all know it's a game of runs. What are the chances it ends up with a team going wire to wire?

123 Last